[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to concealed carry class >guy tells me to hold gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 4.jpg (48KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
48KB, 650x400px
>go to concealed carry class
>guy tells me to hold gun like pic related
>learned when I was young to hold a gun will all fingers on the handgaurd until ready to fire so that if you drop it you dont tighten your grip and put your finger on the trigger
>this is a common reflex if you are going to drop something
>hold it the way i have for my whole life
>guy chews me out
>wont let anyone go onto firing rage until i hold it the right way
>tell him i am holding it the right way
>other guy speaks up and says his dad taught him the same way
>guy tells us both to wait outside
>isn't going to let us complete the course
>other guy knows the store owner personally and gets him to come back to the range and tells the guy to let us shoot and complete course
>guy is pissed the whole time and looks like hes ready to shoot us

why are gun people so sure of their dumb fuddlore? Is it because its the only thing in their life that gives it any meaning or authority?
>>
>>33442542
>>learned when I was young to hold a gun will all fingers on the handgaurd until ready to fire

the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>33442595
Are you retarded? I understood what he meant fine.
>>
>>33442542
>learned when I was young to hold a gun will all fingers on the handgaurd until ready to fire

>handgun
>handguard
What?
>>
File: 1489133992655.png (117KB, 627x620px) Image search: [Google]
1489133992655.png
117KB, 627x620px
>>33442542
>have to loosen grip and regain grip on the gun between every transition when you're *shooting* like OP pic and *not shooting*

>impossible to safely do one-handed if your other hand is injured or occupied

>far more likely to drop it multiple times throughout the entire shooting portion while switching grips

If you maintain a master grip with the trigger finger on the slide like OP pic for the entire shooting and non-shooting portion then dropping it is a lot less likely.

The gun also won't go off if you let it fall free for the drop safety
>>
>>33442698
Spoonfeed yourself, retard.

And OP, see >>33442701. Kicking you out of the class for it was stupid, but the instructor was right, don't hold it that way.
>>
I think OP is saying that he learned to keep his trigger finger wrapped around the grip under the guard until ready to shoot, unlike his picture, which is what everyone who knows what they're doing does.

OP, you're even more of a retard than you let on to begin with. Listen to your instructor.
>>
Since I don't hold a gun like a retard, I don't ever loosen my grip while holding a gun, so I never drop it nor reflexively tighten my grip. You're creating the problem you think you're solving. The instructor is right, you are wrong. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>33442542
Inability to adapt is the antithesis of survival. In other words, your stiff neck will one day get you killed. Enjoy your stubbornness while you can.
>>
>>33442542
>why are gun people so sure about their dumb fuddlore.

Idk OP, why are you so sure about your dumb fuddlore?

>holding gun like an idiot
>not willing to learn new techniques
>disrupting class
>only one other idiot fudd agrees out of whole class
>whines like a bitch to strangers on the internet.

A thread died for this.
>>
File: DSCF0459.jpg (634KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0459.jpg
634KB, 1600x1200px
What's a hand guard?
>>
>>33442542
Kys and your faggot dad too
>>
>>33442542
>why are gun people so sure of their dumb fuddlore? Is it because its the only thing in their life that gives it any meaning or authority?

yes yes, we are all fat, unemployed, welfare queers with nothing in our lives but our guns. youa re better than us. move along now. in any case, I'm not even sure what you were trying to communicate was the right way to handle the gun. but I'm afraid your way is more likely to be the " fuddlore" way. the range instructor was agitated bc people who don't follow the rules regularly shoot themselves and others at the range.
>>
File: Absolutely civilian.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely civilian.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>33442542
>hold a gun will all fingers on the handgaurd until ready to fire
>>
>>33442542
>so sure of their fuddlore

Lol. Its like you don't realize the irony.

Gun Classes are to teach you new techniques to practice. You aren't going to build muscle memory at a class.

You're a real stick in the mud for failing to try a new technique, then later choosing what works best for you to practice.
>>
>fuddlore
>holding a handgun like normal

I say shoot however you feel comfortable, but don't take a class and refuse to do what the instructor tells you to do, that's pointless.
>>
>>33442542
>Pays to go to gun class
>refuses to listen to instructor who probably knows far more about guns than OP ever will in his entire life
>wonders why instructor gets pissed when OP spouts a bunch of Fuddlore and refuses to listen, disrupting class and wasting everyone else's time/money

the retard is you OP. There's a reason sane people do the instructor's technique and not yours
>>
instead of keeping your stupid mouth shut long enough to just get your permit and get out, you decide to put your sperg foot down and get removed for disrupting the class

wow its almost like you brought it on yourself and have nobody to blame but you
>>
Post pics of your 7 yard groups for the lulz!!!!
>>
File: 1490366341604.jpg (25KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490366341604.jpg
25KB, 480x465px
>>33442542

You're the fudd. You don't carry a pistol that way because you have to readjust your hands up the gun to shoot.

The instructor was right, that's how you hold it just before you shoot. While walking around with it you lay your pointer finger across the the bottom of the trigger guard or all the way past the front of the guard. I've tripped sperging through the forest running down armadillos and squirrels enough times to tell you it's safe.
>>
>>33443656

Really, you can walk around with finger on the slide just as safe
>>
im not getting this, can someone cook up a visual representation of the way OP holds his handgun and for what fucking purpose?
>>
>>33443073
>take a class and refuse to do what the instructor tells you to do

it's required for the license to put a shirt over a gun
>>
>>33443699
>Instructor: index finger resting on the frame, extended, parallel with the slide
>OP: All fingers on the grip

The instructor is right, by the way. Just try both ways for 5 minutes, you'll see why.
>>
>>33443745
holy shit OP if a fucking tard
>>
>>33442542
The guy is teaching a class, you are there to learn.

Learn.

When I was young I was taught to shoot without earpro. Now I have minor hearing issues at age 27, but a whole lot of tinnitus. (I got lucky). Adapt.
>>
>>33442709
>kicking you out of the class for doing ot was stupid

No its not. The guy running the class said to do something. OP doesnt. The instructor tells him again to do it and OP refuses. If you're not going to listen to the instructor you ought not to be in the class.

OP is a fuckwit
>>
File: holding da peestool.jpg (23KB, 500x199px) Image search: [Google]
holding da peestool.jpg
23KB, 500x199px
>>33442595
>>33443699
>>
>>33443839
>>33443745
jesus fucking christ man that's hilarious

OP what a fucking retard you are, wouldn't you have to slide your whole hand up and down every time you wanted to shoot?

o i am laffin thank you based anons
>>
>>33442905
M4040 mod?
>>
>>33443656
Are you the guy that caught leprosy from eating armadillo a couple months ago?
>>
File: 1286287208307.png (16KB, 630x592px) Image search: [Google]
1286287208307.png
16KB, 630x592px
>>33443839
The fuck even is that grip? OP what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>33442542
You're either a dipshit trying to bait, or just a plain dipshit.

I hope it's the former for your sake, i really do.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.