[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For next purchase I'm looking for a rifle that can keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: m1buttplate.jpg (434KB, 1024x869px) Image search: [Google]
m1buttplate.jpg
434KB, 1024x869px
For next purchase I'm looking for a rifle that can keep a 3 inch group or smaller at 300 yards, and has a hollowed out stock like the garands in pic related.
Anybody have a good list of rifles with cleaning holes in the stocks?
do k98's have them?
>inb4 qtddtot
>>
the 1903 Springfield should have a hole in the stock too
>>
Any quality AR with a 20 inch barrel and an A1 or A2 stock.
>>
>>33440258
>k98s
no, I don't think so.
>>
>>33440258
>3 inch group or smaller at 300 yards
so 1 MOA?
>>
>>33440258
You could get a cheapo new production boltgun with a wooden stock, rout it out, and screw a trapdoor buttplate on.

Finding a surplus rifle that does 1 MOA will be a challenge.
>>
File: 20183655_2.jpg (124KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20183655_2.jpg
124KB, 1200x1200px
>>33440869
>Finding a surplus rifle that does 1 MOA will be a challenge.

Mauser 98 family
Swedish Mauser
Finnish Mosin
K31/K11 family
>>
>>33440966
>Mauser 98 family

lol

Rifles being reliably capable getting 1 MOA groups from the factory is a relatively recent phenomenon.

Some mausers will group 2" at 100 yards with match handloads, some won't go smaller than 6" unless you start modifying the gun itself.
>>
>>33440966
Swedish Mausers and K31s are about the most likely to shoot MOA. Other Mausers, Mosins, Enfields, Springfields, Arisakas etc etc can be capable of it but almost never are, it's only rare individual rifles or ones that have been trued up by someone who knows what he is doing that will shoot that well. When they were new and in serive with military ammo 2MOA was considered very good for these rifles and they went on up to about 4MOA without any eyebrows being raised.
>>
>>33440966
The only thing on this list with a good chance of shooting MOA is the K31, mostly because they have much less wear than other WWII-vintage rifles and because Swiss surplus ammo is basically match-grade.
>>
>>33442043
The Swedes are on par.

Neither have trapdoors in their stocks, though. OP needs to just get a new Tikka and work out a custom solution.
>>
>>33440258
Ar15 with a1/c1 stock
>>
>>33442063
Good idea man thanks.
>>
Thanks for the input everyone I'm probably just going to stick with an ak or ar variant that has a trapdoor in the stock and have the precision rife as a specialty.
>>
Siamese Mausers have trap doors on them. Although I've never heard of people shooting them for accuracy. It's probably pretty hard to get consistent performance out of a gun which brass has to be reformed from other cartridges.

Lot of people who rechamber it, but most do 45-70.
>>
>>33440325
>20" barrel
stop this
>>
>>33440258
>>33440966
no, despite what you learned from video games the K98 will not be a 1 MOA rifle. even the k31 with gp11 will have a hard time doing sub 3" at 300 yards.
>>
>>33442350
why teh fuck are you obsessed with the trapdoor stock
>>
>>33442387
>carbines
Stop this.
>>
File: image_23.jpg (35KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
image_23.jpg
35KB, 351x351px
>>33442387
><20" barrel
Stop this
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.