[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw bad at shooting I am horribly inconsistent with a pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1474126506374.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474126506374.png
51KB, 657x527px
>tfw bad at shooting

I am horribly inconsistent with a pistol beyond like 7 yards
>>
Then start at ten feet on a tin bucket. Something that will go CLANG and give you that immediate video-game positive feedback when you do it right. Then at fifteen feet. Then twenty.
>>
>>33439698
>I am horribly inconsistent with a pistol beyond like 7 yards

Congratulations, you are not proficient in the most difficult firearm to effectively shoot. I'll give you some pointers.

>learn how to properly grip a pistol
>front sight focus is key
>you should be able to pick out small scratches or a stray dog hair on your front sight from how much you focus on it
>sight allignment
>do at least 1 deliberate session of dryfire each week (I fucking promise you if you do this correctly, you will git gud)

You can practice on 6 inch circles at 7 yards or 3x5 cards at the same distance. Don't be discouraged, you can and you will fucking do it.

This is a good link on properly dryfiring and a good supplementary video on structuring dryfiring sessions.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7708-Dry-Practice-Misconceptions-Updated-12-04-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVcN_C1Lqw
>>33439715
The problem with a tin bucket is that it cannot show exactly where you hit it. OP is trying to make more consistent groups with a handgun and self gratification will not help.

What gun do you have, anon?
>>
>>33439698
Are you in Colorado? I'll teach you how to shoot.
>>
>>33439698
Back to the fundamentals. Grip, stance, sight picture, breathing.

Slow down. Aim each shot. Don't try for speed, try for accuracy. Speed comes later.

I think all your training should be at 25 yards, which is the range I qualified at in boot camp with a 1911. But, times change. You should probably start at 7 yards and practice consistently until you get golf ball sized groups.

No more than 5 rounds per string, with at least 10 seconds between shots. If you can't tighten your groups up, slow down to 20 seconds between shots. If still no luck, work on your breathing. See if you're taking each shot at the same point in your breathing cycle. If not, do so. Then work on getting the same grip each time, and so on.

Only make 1 change at a time. This process is going to take time, patience, and practice. Don't rush it and don't get frustrated. Also, before you do anything else, make sure the problem is with your technique and not just a shitty gun.
>>
>>33439698
You are not alone in this anon. Most people can't shoot pistols for shit. It takes applied fundamentals, discipline and practice.
>>
it's all stance, dominant foot on rear, very firm grip. i mean how else could you fuck up? my fist time shooting i had a 3" MOA on a 45acp
>>
>>33441376
i posted this, if you suck use cheaper ammo, it'll allow you to shoot more, barrels are cheaper then reloading (after everything you need, google it, i'm right)
steel case is cheap and good for targeting. don't rush the shots, slow and breathing is so damn crucial
>>
>>33441330
>do so. Then work on getting the same grip each time, and so on.
>Only make 1 change at a time. This process is
ding ding ding
don't rush your shots and practice what he said, i thought it was my rifle when i couldn't get consistent but it turned out to be my grip and slowing down i get 1-3" groups from 100yards , $600 rifle and steel cases.(223)
>>
>>33441468
and it's my fourth time shooting, the range officer was surprised how e my grouping was (new member requires an RO to supervise one session)
>>
>>33439698
>actually shooting your guns...
that's how they get dirty.

I literally only own ammo for two of my guns. I only own that ammo because the shop owner kind of badgered me into buying a box when I bought the gun.

he went on for like five minutes about how useless it is to have a gun without ammo on one purchase. and he threw the box in free if I'd buy a cleaning mat on another purchase.

I think he thinks I'm buying ammo elsewhere.

I'm not.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.