[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do aftermarket slides and barrels really make a difference in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Glock19 ZevTech.jpg (65KB, 640x602px) Image search: [Google]
Glock19 ZevTech.jpg
65KB, 640x602px
Do aftermarket slides and barrels really make a difference in performance for how much they're worth?
>>
File: 143473123795.png (416KB, 700x539px) Image search: [Google]
143473123795.png
416KB, 700x539px
>>33438489
>>
>>33438489
If you are a professional competition shooter, yes, they allow you to eek out more performance.

If not no
>>
they look cool
don't you want to look cool?
>>
>>33438522
heck yes I do
>>
>>33438522
Only real answer. Looking gucci is a must in the 21st century.
>>33438506
Not true(Maaaaaaybe better grip on slide, but thats a stretch).
Sights, slide release, magwell, and mag release are only mods that actually help.
>>
The only thing a Glock "needs" are better sights and trigger. If you really want, you can stipple the grips like a faggot and add a magwell as well for competitions.

Anything more than that is just stupid. I will never understand why people shell out thousands for a meme-tier ZEV, Salient, or Agency Arms Glock.
>>
>>33438761
yeah if I wanted more grip I'd just add some grip tape
>>
If you have the money and like the look why not?

I like that gun in the op.
>>
I've heard that some of these custom Glock slides can induce malfunctions.
>>
>>33438623

Confirmed for never doing any competition shooting.

A lighter slide moves a lot faster, due to less mass that's needing to move.
>>
>>33439212
As in the weight distrib. is lkely changed by a non-Glock engineer? Not for me!
>>
>>33438489
why the fuck would anyone want a lightened slide like that? seems like a horrible idea since glocks can be limp-wristed and with a lightened slide there would be even less mass to cycle the gun
>>
>>33438623
I've actually had the chance to shoot a 19 that was outfitted with almost every single part that ZEV makes and it was seriously fucking sweet. It was super light and goddamned insanely accurate. The guy that had it shoots in local competitions and is a fucking beast.

That being said the whole gun cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $2k once he got everything done to it and it still didn't compare to a CZ75 i shot that had been sent off to CGW and had their entire parts catalog and work done to it.
>>
>>33438506
>they allow you to eek out more performance
if and only if youve absolutely mastered the fundamentals of shooting
>>
They have benefits assuming you understand the context behind such upgrades.

For example
>want to cut your 50yd groups in half
>buy KKM barrel
This is legit

>want to finally be able to hit a 6 inch circle at 14 yards
>buy KKM barrel
This is a software issue that is trying to be adressed with a hardware fix.

This guy has it pretty much right. >>33438506

Far too many people throw money at buying upgrades thinking it will buy them skill.
>>
takes work to get them reliable. custom barrels will be finicky about the ammo you feed them and have to be adjusted by thr manufacturer usually
>>
>>33439672
This!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.