[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wake up randomly at 3am, distant earthquake? >Absentmindedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: nuke-005.jpg (51KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
nuke-005.jpg
51KB, 600x360px
>Wake up randomly at 3am, distant earthquake?
>Absentmindedly check news
>The closest major city got nuked.
>Power goes out, phone's internet is dead
>3:10am

Well? What do? Do you have the equipment to survive the fallout and bunker down? Is there a second safer location you need decide to get to? Are you going to wait for help and go into the cuckshed fema camps?
>>
>Are you going to wait for help and go into the cuckshed fema camps?
This.
>>
>>33432939
Grab my bug out bag and start out West. Not before I euthanize my battle buddy, though, that's what I dread the most if/when shit hits the fan. I just can't take care of him in that sort of situation.
>>
File: prayer.jpg (140KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
prayer.jpg
140KB, 1600x1200px

Thank God
>>
>>33433875
What are you, the ATF?
>>
>>33433875
This. I plan on doing the same to the elderly woman who lives two houses over. She shouldn't have to experience this.
>>
At the point I look out the window the blast front hits and I'll stop caring about anything.
>>
>>33433894

This, then I guess I'll read a book or something.
>>
>clean bath tub and fill it with water.
>tape and plastic sheeting over the windows, doors, fireplace, and air vents.
>load magazines
>see what electronics are still working. fresh batteries for everything that still works.
>loot the grocery store for canned food, water, oats, potatoes
>loots home depot for plywood sheets and respirators
>board up windows from the outside.
>leave contaminated clothing and shoes outside. hose self off to removing contamination.
>bunker down for a few weeks.
>>
>>33433820
I'd already be dead from the fallout.
>>
God knows its been asked 1000 times, but how far does the fallout reach? Considering theres no wind in perfect conditions?
>>
>>33433913
>tfw on the way over you see her headed to your house to euthanize the 4chan neckbeard that lives there
>>
>closest major city gets nuked

I'm upwind so I'll be fine. Maybe pull my rifle out of my safe instead of the handgun for a few weeks in case of looters.
>>
File: asdgf.jpg (68KB, 540x511px) Image search: [Google]
asdgf.jpg
68KB, 540x511px
>>33432939
>>The closest major city got nuked.
But what if I'm in it?
>>
Depends on what you mean by major city. If you mean above 100,000 inhabitants I'm good. If you mean above 1000000 inhabitants I'm very good since there's no cities like that for 500 miles around me.
>>
>>33434121
like 300 miles? it's pretty fucking bad if it rains afaik.
>>
>>33432939
Well I live in a major city sooooo
>>
I live right next to one of the largest ports in the US.
My only choice is to be inside of the fireball.
>>
File: 1381437562411.png (651KB, 1214x840px) Image search: [Google]
1381437562411.png
651KB, 1214x840px
>Leeds
>Back to bed
>>
>>33434121
>but how far does the fallout reach?
Depends on winds aloft.

>Considering theres no wind in perfect conditions?
Fallout will be detectable across the planet.
If you are asking how far does dangerous fallout reach, thats complicated.
First, there is always winds aloft.
Second, how dangerous fallout is depends on how intense it is, and how long you spend out in it.

For example, you could be in a zone where 5 minutes exposure is enough to kill you. And thats dangerous.
Or you could be in an area where 10 hours is enough to kill you.

This gets more complicated when you also factor in the decay rate of fallout.

An area that was hot enough to kill you in an hour will take more than a week to kill you after a day or two.
Even after months, you might be in an area where the exposure is enough to kill you after about 5 years.
Or 50 years.

As you can see its not an easy question to answer.
>>
>>33434032
>load magazines

No gunz detected
>>
>>33435642
nobody would notice if (insert former industrial town/city in the midlands) was hit
>>
>>33432939

well, since i live inna major city, and not a poor, rural flyover, i got nuked. so, i do nothing because i am probably dust.
>>
it's evident /k/ doesn't have a good understanding of nuclear fallout or "contamination"
>>
File: img000003.png (83KB, 659x272px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.png
83KB, 659x272px
>>33432939
oooooooooooooh noooooooooooo, Vancouver was nuked? Boy golly... what a shame... I guess I can't go there ever again.
>>
>>33433926
Got 75 miles and some raggedy mountains between me and DC

Gonna be more worried about fallout, power outages, subsequent attacks...

>>33433875
Got one pup that up for it, the other, not so much. But that's why I'm scootin around in a 4x4 pickup w/ crew cab...

>>33435979
I've got dozens of mags (AR, buncha pistols), and thousands of rounds. Only a few hundred stay in magazines long term. If SHIT do you think it might be wise to transfer a few more rounds to mags? You. Bet. Your. Ass.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.