[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ maybe you guys can help me solve an issue with my CETME's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: hmmmm.png (1MB, 925x695px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.png
1MB, 925x695px
Hey /k/ maybe you guys can help me solve an issue with my CETME's ejection problem. I know, I know, I should have just save my money for something else, but this is what I have, and I want it to work.

I can't even manually cycle the bolt to eject cartridges since the bolt just retains the round after chambering and firing. I made sure the ejector was cleaned out of all the gunk gumming up the spring and it now loosely hangs on to a cartridge, so that I can turn and pull it freely, but I think the metal bar underneath the bolt isn't springing all the way up and kicking the cartridge out. Can someone help me fix this issue? Can post more pics after church.
>>
File: Doesn't go all the way up.png (1MB, 888x664px) Image search: [Google]
Doesn't go all the way up.png
1MB, 888x664px
>>
>>33431015
probably because you're using steel case ammo instead of brass cased. the french had that problem with the first gen of the FAMAS. they wouldn't feed all the way up and the bullets would come out the wrong side of the gun.
>>
>>33431015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsz8uAvVXfg
>>
>>33431015
I would venture a guess that the spring or the ejector itself is borked.
>>
>>33431033
My CETME is a .308 Sporter, but I'm watching the vid to learn some more.

I also saw this hole here where the arrow points. The other one is pointing to some spring. Should the bar that spring attaches to be riding up further when the action is worked? Should there be some sort of fastener where the hole is, the overlapping parts seem to have a matching hole for some sort of thing to go through it, my trigger pack came without something there.

>>33431035
Should that black metal thing underneath the bolt not be going all the way into the slot on it when I cycle the bolt manually? It seems like that device is meant to kick the cartridge out, but it won't push up further under it's own power.
>>
>>33431343
I'll add that the piece the arrows point to in the pic just kind of wiggles around, only held in place by the spring. Again, this sort of indicates that it should be pivoting around that hollowed area, but again, I'm not sure.
>>
File: IMG_1461.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1461.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>33431343
>I also saw this hole here where the arrow points
There should be a pin in that hole for the ejector arm to pivot on. That's why it isn't coming up far enough.
>pic related, my PTR which is basically the same thing
>>
>>33431381
oh jeez. I opened mine up and it wasn't there. It ride a little into the slot, but not far enough it looks to push the casing out, I have to push it up further with my finger. Does HK parts or some other sight sell that part? any idea what it's called?
>>
>>33431394
>Does HK parts or some other sight sell that part? any idea what it's called?
IDK about a specifically CETME one, but here it is for the G3 and I'll bet it's the same size:
http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/HK-PIVOT-PIN-FOR-EJECTOR-LEVER-SURPLUS-176p1883.htm
>>
>>33431414
Thanks so much man. I pulled the trigger pack out and saw that the empty slot. I think this is the issue. Glad to see it's a cheap part.
I think my ejector is in good shape, I pulled it apart to check and it's still plenty stiff, so I think that's fine.

It's just a shame the irons on the CETME are trash. I wish I could easily remove them and replace them with a classic swiveling rear sight. I suppose I'll drop the dough on a decent set of glass in the future.
>>
>>33431381
>>33431343
>>33431017
>>33431015
hey, i've got the same gun and my bolt is jamming when i pull it back.
is there any wobble in your guidrod? like when you shake the removed butt-stock, does the guiderod/recoil spring assembly move at all like it's loose?
Pic not related
>>
>>33431446
>is there any wobble in your guidrod?
PoorTR fag here; there is no wobble.
>>
>>33431446
nah, I have it off right now. There's no shake in it at all. Is the rod itself shaking? Where does the bolt catch up when you pull?
>>
File: what are you doing.jpg (194KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
what are you doing.jpg
194KB, 1000x562px
>>33431026
>steel cased instead of brass cased
>literally a brass case round in the chamber in the first pic
>>
>>33431475
>>33431461

It's weird, the bolt will jam about halfway, then the charging halfway back at which point the charging handle can slide back and forth independently.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.