[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CLEAR THE RAMP; 30 SECONDS! What did he mean by this? Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1490116061637.jpg (56KB, 1278x649px) Image search: [Google]
1490116061637.jpg
56KB, 1278x649px
>CLEAR THE RAMP; 30 SECONDS!

What did he mean by this? Don't you want to be as close to the ramp, if not pushing on it? That way the door opens quicker and you can get the hell out before the firing starts.
>>
1M R4NKED TH3RD ON TEH SERVR
>>
maybe thats what he ment, in 30 seconds be ready to run your ass off.
>>
Why didn't they just put wheels on the higgens boats so they could drive up onto shore?

Why didn't they drop big concrete shit on the beach the guys could use as cover?

How many of the men landing that day jerked off the night before, do you think? What percentage, basically.
>>
>>33431603
1. Higgins boats were dirt cheap, they were literally plywood and driving on sand is extremely difficult, not to mention the anti-tank obstacles. It wouldn't have helped much.

2. That would have given away the location of the landing and it would have been a waste. The entire point was to get off the beach as soon as possible, not be a firefight.

3. I imagine not a lot, being crammed into barracks and all that.
>>
File: 381st Port Battalion.jpg (107KB, 580x469px) Image search: [Google]
381st Port Battalion.jpg
107KB, 580x469px
>>33430674
Because of the way the ramp on a Higgins boat opens, there's a gap between the hull and the ramp that opens up as it drops, then turns into a giant pinch point (and by pinch I mean "shear off") when the ramp finishes dropping.
>>
>>33431654
>I imagine not a lot, being crammed into barracks and all that.

Surely a majority of soldiers realized they would be marching into the jaws of death the next day, right? Was the military at that point still thinking it was going to be a quick and easy operation (or, if they knew the germans were already there and waiting, did they tell the men it wasn't going to be a cakewalk?)?

Even if I had to jerkoff in front of my buds, I'd still like to get one last nut in before the end.
>>
>>33431603
>drop big concrete shit on the beach

With what?
>>
>>33431912
I'd assume planes, dingus
>>
File: 1470366317230.gif (2MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1470366317230.gif
2MB, 500x376px
>>33431936
>>33431912
>make aluminum aircraft
>focus all efforts on light weight construction
>payload: concrete blocks and anvils
BRILLIANT
>>
>>33431603
/k/ A magical place
>>
>>33430674
>implying the Germans weren't shooting the ramps before they even opened.
>>
>>33431961
We made aircraft lighter and lighter so we would have more room to fill them full of heavy ass explosives.
>>
>>33431980
They werent. Ramps dropped outside the effective range of MG's on omaha. Didnt open up until they were well up the beach already.
>>
>>33431603
>surprise attack, months of preparation creating deception
>hay guyz go airdrop concrete on the beach and brave the AA so we can press A to change cover!
>>
>>33432060
Are you seriously saying that Saving Private Ryan lied to us?
>>
>>33432060
The edge of the water was only 500m from the cliffs. Easily within range of rifle-caliber MG's; especially when you consider they were firing on boats full of people rather than individual people.
>>
>>33432087
The final wave of bombers actually did not target defenses; they bombed the beach in the hopes of digging foxholes.
>>
File: Shigemitsu_signs_surrender.jpg (75KB, 740x593px) Image search: [Google]
Shigemitsu_signs_surrender.jpg
75KB, 740x593px
>Go through 12 years of school, learning all kinds of shit, experiencing life
>Turn 18
>Join the military to fight for your country
>Military puts you through misery to teach and train you to become a warrior
>Get on a fucking boat and sail all the way to England
>Get on another boat and start crossing the channel
>Get on a third boat and start heading towards beach
>Door opens
>MG42 sprays into your boat killing you instantly
>All that time and training wasted by a few bullets that probably added up to a dollar

What a fucking waste war can be.
>>
>>33432111
http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_arith.htm
>A scrimmage in a Border Station-
>A canter down some dark defile
>Two thousand pounds of education
>Drops to a ten-rupee jezail.

war is fucked, when you think about it.
>>
>>33432110
putting craters in beach sand and mud worked out great for them. The naval artillery was to soften the defenses but they should have just bombed those too.
>>
>>33431899
Actually the Allied Supreme Command was surprised at how well D-Day went outside of Omaha and the Airborne initially being scattered all over the place.

Eisenhower even had a a letter drafted up apologizing for authorizing a failed D-Day, just in case.
>>
>>33430674
I always read this as clear the ramp as in clear for action or make ready.

I don't know but I assume that the quick release function would not be enabled all the time and some form of bolt safety would have be pulled back.
>>
>>33431961
Could instead make aircraft out of steel folded a thousand times and use entire aircraft as payload.
>>
>>33431899
>being such a degenerate your only concern when imagining a situation like this is how to get a nut off
There's more to life than just jerking off
>>
>>33431899
>Even if I had to jerkoff in front of my buds, I'd still like to get one last nut in before the end.

Different times, different moral values. That shit wasn't even talked about, let alone done out in the open. It was a punishable UCMJ offense, among other things.

Everybody did it, they just lied about it a lot. When I enlisted in 79, masturbation was considered to be a sign of homosexuality. Yes, the hypocracy was well-entrenched. It was still a punishable offense but nobody ever got prosecuted, in part because the officer corps was busy dealing with its own moral crises.

By the time I retired, it was pretty much accepted that everybody did it. You just didn't talk about it. Except Nepert. He talked about it a fair amount. He had an inflatable sheep, that he would offer to share as long as you didn't mind sloppy seconds.
>>
>>33433192
Iirc there were 2 latches on the ramp that had to be released, then the engineer could drop the ramp from his position next to the cox'n. The raising winch was back by the engineer, 2 cables ran from it to the ramp.

I crewed on an LCVP, once, a long time ago.
>>
>>33431654
I jerked off in 100 man tents surrounded by others on cots. My second deployment when we lived in pods (also known as CHU's) in even tighter quarters we all jerked off anyway.

It becomes normal to be like "I'm gonna jack off leave me alone" and go beat it in your bunk. It even becomes a game with your friends trying to catch you and take pictures and what not.
>>
>>33430674
>That way the door opens quicker and you can get the hell out before the firing starts.

except they start firing before the door even opens
>>
>>33431603
because adding wheels =/= land mobility, dumbass

Try adding a motor powerful enough, driveshaft, etc

Boat motors are easy and self contained
>>
>>33433370
nutt
>>
having a rear opening door probably would have saved many lives. having the door open in the front seems fucking retarded even to a 12 year old me
>>
>>33434367
the solution is to land at an angle
t. bf1942 expert
>>
>>33430674

Port side, stick. Starboard side, stick. Move fast and clear !
>>
>>33433370
Hi /pol/
>be 16
>hormones going crazy
>fear knowing that tomorrow you have an extremely high chance of dying
>want one last good night to remember your beautiful neighbor girl Jenny
Bye /pol/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.