[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife thread. I am looking at this knife: https://www.amaz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Knife thread.

I am looking at this knife:

https://www.amazon.com/TRH-002-Custom-Handmade-Damascus-Tracker/dp/B01GD1S8OY/ref=s9_simh_gw_g200_i1_r?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=T86EKGX8EGPC30A32R9D&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=781f4767-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop

Is this a good buy? What should I look for in Damascus steel? What should I look to avoid?
>>
>>33427655
when you buy damascus steel it comes in this icky paste-like stuff
its fucking annoying to take off so I would just get something else
also damascus steel will rust in like 3 days
I think its snake oil honestly
>>
>>33427675

So it takes more care and attention? How is it retaining an edge?
>>
>>33427655
Damascus freak me out, because it's pretty, and I use the fuck out of knives.
>high carbon>stainless
>>
>>33427699
Damascus only looks pretty. The only benefit I could really see is the fact that it's twisted, so that would make it stronger, but the same thing can be achieved when you treat a knife in the oven.
>>
>>33427699
idk i got rid of all mine cause after all the work of removing that fucking shit off the knives they fucking rusted by the next time i picked them up
fucking garbage
>>
>>33427745
Kek, you don't know what you're doin'.
>>
>>33427754
youre the one who made a thread because you dont know how knives work
>>
>>33427765
I'm not OP.
>>
Anything about the linked knife that would make anyone think it's a piece of shit?
Or how does it fair?
>>
File: Kershaw Skyline Fetish.jpg (579KB, 1483x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Kershaw Skyline Fetish.jpg
579KB, 1483x1536px
>>33427655
Please check the catalog next time; >>>33388163

As for the knife you posted: It's almost certainly not real Damascus for that price, and/or the general quality is going to be pretty shit.

Even if it were quality, I would avoid it just for that snake oil, google translate sounding, listing name "Custom Handmade Damascus Steel Tracker Knife" for fucks sake.

Also not to mention it's a rip of the Tom Brown Tracker, the politics of fake knives aside, it shows they are already dishonest and are likely lying to the customers as well.

If you want real damascus for that price, look at Kershaw, and other knives using Alabama Damascus (middle one in pic related). If you just want a functional knife in this price range.. I can list hundreds.
>>
>>33427655
That's not Damascus. It's poorly twisted pattern weld. If you want to buy a pattern welded knife, cool. The steel can be quite good. A tip, though: if you can easily see the folds with the naked eye, you're buying trash.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.