[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I just bought my first rifle. A Ruger AR556. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 8500.jpg (29KB, 825x245px) Image search: [Google]
8500.jpg
29KB, 825x245px
Hey guys, I just bought my first rifle. A Ruger AR556. I've only shot an AR once and it kept jamming on me probably because I didn't know how to use it and I didn't know how to fix it either.

My questions are what are some good videos that you would mind sharing so I can learn the ins and outs of the AR platform, range safety, misc info and trouble shooting?

Thanks
>>
YouTube

Jerry Michuluk
Hickok 45

Anything AR or safety or cleaning by these two.

Avoid Sootch, iq1488, nutnfancy
>>
>>33424950
You probably need to field strip it and clean the grease off. That shit is meant to keep the gun from rusting during transport, not for shooting.

Field strip it, clean it with a clean rag, then put gun oil on the contacting surfaces.
>>
>>33425685
Nigger I don't even know how to take off the rails or handguard on an AR

I don't want to jam it and have an accidental discharge or fuck something up.
>>
>>33427247
>Nigger I don't even know how to take off the rails or handguard on an AR
Good thing you don't need to do any of that to field strip and clean it. Literally take as much time as would be necessary for you to respond and instead use it to google how to field strip an AR. It takes 4 seconds.
>>
You can get them for $489 SHIPPED right now. I bought 5 of them late last week
>>
This is a must watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GP80BhfXs&t

If your gun is jamming strip it (you do know how to do that don't you), clean it and give it some lube, especially on the Bolt Carrier Group.

I can tell you as a semi new AR owner that it is most likely jamming because you are babying the charging handle or not putting in the mag right. The only time I've ever had problems with mine is when I did that, once I learned to treat it kind of rough it stopped happening. Treat your AR like you would your wife, it will work better if you slap it around a bit.

Also a must read. It will teach you how to disassemble your AR, chamber check your AR, and how to shoot the damn thing.
https://archive.org/details/MCRP3-01A
>>
>>33427247
>this retarded
Pls turn in your rifle at your local police station for destruction
>>
>>33427247
Honestly if you don't know that, or at least know how to easily find that out, you should consider selling it. Owning a gun means maintaining it. The good news is field stripping an AR is the easiest fucking thing in the world and requires nothing but google and some basic common sense.

This is why I'm glad I built my first AR (not from the ground up, but I got a lower, Upper, and BCG separately) so I knew the basics of how everything in there functioned instead of being like "how rifle formed, how rifle shooted?" like you are?

Here you go. Watch and learn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwhZj1_TlI
>>
>>33425297
>nutnfancy

Why?
>>
>>33424950

make sure you have a full magazine, i.e 30 in a 30, 20 in a 20 etc and slap that bitch in the mag well and the action has to be soaking wet, like clp needs to be seeping between the upper and lower
>>
>>33428054

>field stripping

not op, but ive had my AR since november, but when i clean it i take the bolt out of the carrier and clean the inside of the carrier and the bolt face and firing pin and the chamber and inside of the receiver and bore, should i take the bolt apart and clean the extractor? it has about 500 or so rounds through it and ive cleaned it twice and its ran fine
>>
>>33428147
No. Ars can run for thousands of rounds between cleaning if you keep it wet. Strip the bolt if you want to learn how to do it but it's not necessary. Wear eye pro and watch out for ejector launching.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.