[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ideas on how I can get these fucking screws out without destroying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 20170325_153425.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170325_153425.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Any ideas on how I can get these fucking screws out without destroying my RMR? The moron who installed it stripped them out while doing so. I tried drilling them out and using a back out tool but it stripped immediately.
>>
>>33422818

Ouch, that is painful to look at, hopefully he didn't use red loctite on them.
>>
>>33422831
You're telling me. He said he used blue, which isn't helping things any.
>>
cut slots in them carefully and use a screwdriver or superglue a allen wrench
>>
>>33422835
Try heating up the screws with a blowdryer first to loosen up the Loctite.
Also, what kind of retard strips screws with Loc-tite on them? The whole point of using Loc-tite is to get a solid lock without over-torquing.
>>
>>33422818
get a rubber band and put the allen key into the hole while shoving it into the rubber band, should give you a little bit more grip
>>
Dremel cut off wheel

looks pretty fucked you may have to cut into the device itself and patch those cut lines with epoxy afterwards
>>
>>33422857
Probably used the wrong tool
>>
>>33422857
Also, this happened to me with a factory-install front sight before. You may have to just demolish the screw head by drilling it repeatedly and buy a new screw.
>>
>>33422818

if you had a small metalworking chisel you might be able to knock some slots into the tops of those fasteners.
>>
>>33422857
Small town fudd gunsmith "dun all kindsa mounts buhfore never had nuthin like this happen"
>>
>>33422875
s/probably/definitely/;
>>
>>33422818
Either drill them out or drill and tap with reverse threading, everything is fucked especially on the left side. Whoever managed this is a real price of work
>>
>>33422818
A tap, a die, some WD-40, and a hammer should do the trick.
>>
>>33422818
If I'm seeing the pic right, try this

Use a fine saw to cut a line into the screw head, and use a flathead

Of course it's probably hardened steel, but...
>>
>>33422953
Worst part is that he'd cut his sight as well, something like 1/16th or 1/8th
>>
>>33422937
WHERE CAN I FIND A HAMMER
>>
I think that sight will be a goner.
>>
>>33423036
ASK YOUR MOM
>>
see if you can dremel a slot in them and use a flatnose screwdriver to get them out
>>
>>33422953
>>33422937
>>33422899
They make specialized bits for that, not as strong as that but it's a small screw, even if it was locktited in and torqued the fuck out it should work
>>
>>33422818

I'd try heating it as already said and then using a screw extractor.

If that fails:

drill into the screw. use red loctite to secure a drill bit or dowel inside the hole. Let it cure. Then you SHOULD be able to get the screw out with enough torque.

But whoever did that shit needs to be slapped silly.
>>
>>33423100
OP is probably past the point where those will help if the screw's been loctited.
>>
>>33422818
>>33422818
>>33422818

OP, there's very little metal left on the heads of those screws.

Just use progressively wider drill bits, without drilling any deeper, and the heads should pop off. No need for anything fancy.
>>
>>33423205
Usually though you need to get a drill bit that is slightly wider than the screw body diameter. As long as you're near the center of the screw axis when you start drilling, the head will just pop off once you go deep enough, and you normally won't damage the threads in the hole.
>>
File: EZ_NeedleFiles.jpg (191KB, 1419x1155px) Image search: [Google]
EZ_NeedleFiles.jpg
191KB, 1419x1155px
>>33422818
1. Buy an inexpensive set of needle files at any hardware store in the land. Should be less than $10
2. Use one suitable for cutting a thin, squared groove in the bolt heads.
3. Congrats, you just made it into a flathead screw.
4. Insert the largest HOLLOW GROUND (do not use a fucking chisel point like a retard) screwdriver head that will fit and torque that fucker out.

Enjoy.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.