[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is sellotaping two magazines like in the pic related a viable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: img_0088.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
img_0088.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
Is sellotaping two magazines like in the pic related a viable option in a combat situation?
>>
>>33422434
Sure
>>
>make gun heavier
>have to do a flippy trick to reload
>has a chance of falling apart

just stick some mags in your pocket senpai
>>
>>33422476
>just stick some mags in your pocket senpai

but where do I put the spaghetti then ?
>>
Great way to get mud in the bottom mag.
>>
>>33422434

>go prone
>second mag full of dirt

Yeah, no.
>>
I've always been a proponent of doing the whole; both up, side by side thing where near the top you just have a wedge between them to keep the tops apart.
>>
>>33422510

realtalk who even goes prone anymore
>>
>>33422508
>>33422510
rekt by
>>33422527
>>
>>33422434
siede by side seems a bit safer. Cant jam dirt into, bullets have a smaller chance of falling out, Dont have to flip it around.
>>
File: ttt0578.jpg (36KB, 240x101px) Image search: [Google]
ttt0578.jpg
36KB, 240x101px
>>33422510
>go prone
>Your leechcraft would have had me crawling on all fours like a beast!

Somebody needs to make shoop of the LotR scene between Theoden and Grima... something like Chris Coastaguard or Failey Travis as Grima being told...
>>
>>33422434
I've always figured if you want more ammo readily available, just buy a bigger magazine. Taping them together might be a slight benefit in some situations, but it could slow you down in others.

Maybe just consider a drum magazine if you're that concerned about needing 60rds+ without reaching down to your mag carrier. If you're in a firefight where you're using more than 30rds quickly, I'd hope you've already found cover and bought yourself enough time to reach down for a new mag.

If not, I guess taping two together could spare you 1 second or so. But you also can't just hit the release and let it drop while grabbing a new one - which might actually slow you down.

Maybe practice swapping magazines IRL and see how much faster/slower it is to flip them over compared to letting them drop and grabbing a new one.

Also, it changes your habitual behavior, so you're not doing the same thing every time. You have to remember whether you're on the 1st mag or 2nd, so you don't just drop it to the ground when you're empty. You might want to train yourself to do the same movements every time so you're not fumbling around trying to remember which action is required this time... particularly in a firefight.
>>
>>33422550
>rekt

No, faggot, op stated 'pic related'. The way that guy copied is not pic related. Get fucked m8.
>>
What if you got those spacers that let you carry them both bullet up
>>
>>33422581
>not taping two drum mags together jungle style

Fucking pleb
>>
>>33422549
Anyone with intelligence.
>>
File: WASR Folded.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
WASR Folded.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>33422434
I have a set of magpul AK mags linked together with the magpul coupler. I found out the hard way that it isn't really compatible with a folding stock AK.

It blocks my side folder from closing. So if you have a folder of some kind, get a drum if you want more rounds without carrying a spare.
>>
>>33422581
jungle style mags have nothing to do with speedy reload considerations. it's for people who don't have mag carriers and basically no pockets to carry mags in. instead they would tape the (only) two mags they have together and carry the rifle on it's sling. and that's all such a person would own weapons wise. that's the rational behind this
>>
>>33422434
It'll work, sure, people have done that since WW2 and Korea. Canadians, Californians and New Yorkers do it too sometimes because small magazines are mandatory.

Though consensus these days is that it's better to have both mags facing upwards, which should be easy to do still, just add some cardboard or some other flat doodads to give you space, so both mags can be level with each other, and make it easy to swap left or right.

>>33422476
It can be handy for a gun to just plain grab in a hurry without stuffing your pocket or throwing on a chestrig.

Of course, a bandolier of magazines is also real easy to plain grab and throw on, so you do you. Point is, a tactic doesn't have to be the best to work, just good enough.

>>33422508
>>33422510
So don't fucking have it facing downwards Goofus.

>>33422527
This guy speaks my language.
>>
File: DualMagpulMAgs.jpg (81KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
DualMagpulMAgs.jpg
81KB, 717x960px
>>33422476
>>have to do a flippy trick to reload
Not really. Just couple them like this.
>>
>>33422581
Drums aren't always great, round and wide profile, some are finicky, some guns don't even have drums available.

Two thirty rounders each have the reliability of a normal magazine.
>>
>>33422912
Ah, okay. If they're all you've got, then I suppose taping them together for quick turnaround makes sense. Particularly if you're, say, on high alert and already in low-ready, stalking around ready to fire at any moment.

>>33422936
Good point. You'd want high reliability if you were in a firefight. Drum mags just don't really have that.
>>
>>33422954
There exist some pretty reliable drums, I'm just saying it's not necessarily an advantage.

The Armatac drum holds 150rds, feeds flawlessly and basically can't break, but it's also really big, very heavy, and rather expensive. To me, it's a toy. A very finely crafted and thought out toy, but a toy nonetheless. You buy one because you've got a transferable MG or bumpSAW and want to let it rip in many long bursts because that's fun.

On the other end of the spectrum, there's the X15, an aluminum AR drum that holds 50rds and is manually wound, it's reasonably compact and seems to work well but the people who buy them the most seem to be competition guys, probably because 20 more rounds can make a serious difference for some people in some sports. There's even a skeletonized one.
>>
>>33422434
No, but dudes still do it out there due to cool factor.
>Consider it as a tattoo in a foreign language.
>No one else thinks you are cool because of it, only you think it like that.
>But that is the most important thing

>You need to feel cool in combat.
>Warm feet, cool head.

The best for the functionality of the rifle feeding from the magazine is to keep the mags in the closed, dust free pouches until you need them.

The rifle needs to go bang in combat. Don't compromise that with unrelated gestures.

Instead, show it with downed enemies. All taken down by you.

No need for tattoos in foreign language.
>>
>>33422434
No it's stupid I had to push mag farther other mag be causer everytime I shot like in ops pic the bullets from bottom mag would eject with each shot I took from ak.
>>
File: 2hrpev7.jpg (118KB, 1023x665px) Image search: [Google]
2hrpev7.jpg
118KB, 1023x665px
Both facing side by side facing up would be bettter so rounds dont get knocked out or debris gets inside
>>
>>33423538
Dat sweet Izolenta tape on Bakelite magazines
>>
>>33423538
is that a grill?
>>
>>33422912
>jungle style mags have nothing to do with speedy reload considerations
where did you hear this from? Having jungle magazines would be useful in that context, but the usual reason for using jungle magazines is to allow for an easier, faster reload.

>>33423538
>triple-taped 40-rounders
that guy knows what's up
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.