[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently purchased a CZ-75 SP-01 and took it to the range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: FirstMag.png (1MB, 570x849px) Image search: [Google]
FirstMag.png
1MB, 570x849px
So I recently purchased a CZ-75 SP-01 and took it to the range last week. 250 rounds were put through it and I love this gun.

Any advice on the next gun I should buy? I've been looking at the S&W M&P Sport II

I'm also looking for a good range bag and where to purchase bulk ammo and what ammo is good.

Basically a new to guns thread.

Pic related, first time shooting.
>8in Target
>7 yards
>Blazer Brass 115gr
>17 rounds

Also related
Osage River Tactical Shooting Gun Range Bag
>>
Also been looking at the Mossberg 590
>>
>>33420793

What do you want in your next gun?

What's your budget?
>>
M&P sport II is a good option if you want a basic AR that's already built. MidwayUSA has good rangebags of different sizes.
>>
>>33421689
I'm not sure, I'm looking for guns from every "category." AR, AK, Shotgun, Bolt Action. I'm not too sure what I want next, maybe even another pistol, but something like a 10mm.
>>
I have similar taste. Have an SP 01. I was looking at s&w sport but ended up getting the mid Magpul MOE. Also wanted a 590 but my friend talked me into getting a 20 ga for upland hunting. At the store I handled Mossberg and a Benelli. Mossberg felt like a rattletrap compared to the Benelli so I got the Nova in 20ga.
>>
>>33421972

budget?
>>
>>33422128
<$1000 for rifles
<$600 for pistols
>>
>>33420793
>>
>>33420793
Pretty shitty grouping
>>
>>33420793
Nice shootan tex, 75 SP-01's are very easy to work with, that said you did excellent.

Before suggesting a gun to look at I'd want to know your intentions.

Carry? Competition? Plinking? Trick shooting? Fun?
>>
>>33425154
I want to look for a carry gun, but something to plink with too. I was looking at the shield as a carry.
>>
>>33425413
Something often not addressed is that carry position and style + holster design is often more important than raw gun size.

Shield will def conceal well, not exactly going to be as friendly on the range as the S-01, to put it mildly.

I'm always a shill for AIWB with a safe proven gun, you can carry a shit ton more gun this way, while concealing it better and still enjoy the range.
>>
>>33425434
That would probably be how I would carry.
>>
>>33425556
Good on you for being open to it.

Well I carry HKs - but brand wars are not really interesting or worth effort anymore, my suggestion would be finding a system that meets your anatomical needs while giving you the best control and inherent accuracy. As long as it's reliable and comfortable then the next step is holster exploration and simply getting to the range to work with your gear.

I'd say, regardless of physique - the "least" amount of gun just about any human male - no matter how short and slim or pear shaped could conceal would be a compact like a USP9c or G19 - anything smaller AIWB is just wasting potential. And with some good gear choices and methodology and a reasonable frame there's almost no limit to the handgun size when carried AIWB.
>>
>>33421972
I have a gen 1 m&p sport and it's a really nice gun. Got it on Black Friday a while back for $420. If you want that much value, get a palmetto built upper and lower for around the same price or get the m&p sport 2 for a little more, but with all the features. Ruger is another great option at a similar price.
Shotgun: standard 870. Hell, get two and go bird hunting with a friend.
New bolt gun: CZ, 550 or 557 if you don't hate push feed. 527 for a fun gun. Many options there.
Old bolt gun: milsurp prices anger me today. Get a k31? My fave old gun, over my nuggets, my 1903. But prices suck for the whole category.
New pistol: get a revolver. So much fun! S&W or colt. Ruger is ok, but less refined. S&W has nice triggers.
>>
>bought a new gun last week
>already looking for a new gun
Don't you think you should break this endless cycle of material consumption, and try to cultivate a more intense social life, visiting friends and neighbors?
>>
>>33425833
Same guy, had a discussion with cop friend the other day. A s&w hammerless 38spl is a great idea for a carry gun. So simple, reliable, and has good power. For under $400, this would be my choice.
>>
>>33425875
That or you have a bit of disposable income and found something that could be a decent hobby.
>>
s
>>
>>33425875
Commie pls
>>
>>33420793

The best carry gun is the one that you never leave at home.

For AIWB carry:
Glock 26
Ruger SR9c
Walther PPQ M2
S&W M&P 9c

Pocket carry, Comfy Edition:

Glock 43
Ruger LC9s
Walther PPS
S&W M&P Shield

Mousegun Edition:

Glock 42
Ruger LCP II
S&W M&P Bodyguard
Walther PPK

Brick edition:

Glock 19
Ruger SR9
M&P 9
Walther PPQ

You can buy one for each season, or mode of attire if thats what you want. I carried my LC9s in a pocket holster all summer, and I've been using the SR9c in the mix recently.

If you want to have instant fun, get a Semi-auto shotgun and go shoot sporting clay courses. I prefer my Browning Auto 5 light twelve. Mine cost 500 a few years ago, I dont doubt you can find a decent new semi scattergat for that kindof money.

Fucking Mossbergs rattle, ALOT. I got used to it, but I was not happy with it for a while after I bought it. now sold
>>
>>33420793
sp01 tactical is a gun on my short list. ive always wanted a plain cz75 (which i may pick up later) but the tac model has all the features i want.
>>
>>33421972
I've got this AR and I quite like it for the money. Just a heads up, if you go looking there's a lot of bad/low reviews from their first run, but I've had no issues with mine that weren't my fault.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1RF556FGS12&name=Radical+Firearms+.223%2f5.56+M4+FGS-12+Rifle&search=radical
>>
Thinking of getting a cz75 for my first 9mm

What do you like and dislike about it? I've fired one before but it's been a few years
>>
>>33428339
I love the feel of the gun, it feels so natural to hold and fire.
>>
>>33428339
Haven't really found a dislike yet, but I've still got a while to break it in.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.