[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a pocket pistol because my work doesn't want me to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0376.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
I need a pocket pistol because my work doesn't want me to conceal carry and I don't want them to know. I'm worried someone will catch a glance of my USP at some point.

Polish Makarov fits the bill of everything I want (da/sa, safety for appendix carry, low budget)

Any reason why I shouldn't? LGS has them for $270 w/ 2 mags.

Also post based pocket pistols.
>>
>>33419200
You clearly haven't researched the guns very well if you call them "polish makarovs". They're closer to Walther PPs.

Keep in mind that
>they're a bitch to shoot (ie. really snappy recoil)
>DA trigger is garbage (can be remedied with a cheap spring from Wolf)
>spare magazines are pricey
>chambered in a relatively difficult to find caliber
>are only 20 or 30 dollars cheaper than the vastly superior Bersa Thunder
>>
>>33419240
I don't know much about them, you're right about that. Never fired one myself. I heard the bersa firestorm was shit, is that a lie?
>>
File: Walther_P38k.jpg (159KB, 960x946px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_P38k.jpg
159KB, 960x946px
>>33419200
Reminder that P64's are stolen German designs. This thread is rightful deutsche clay.

$239 on Southern Ohio Gun, $249 on Classic Firearms. They're okay for the price and small enough, but for like $400 you can get a Walther PPS around the same size and much more powerful.
>>
>>33419200
nigger it's about the same price as 380 an almost as common. even the reagan-worshipping redneck store around here carries it

everything else you say is true, though i find a certain satisfaction in not screwing with slide releases
>>
>>33419265
Bersa is objective shit, yes.
>>
>>33419265
>is that a lie
yes. it's fine, especially for the price and warranty. honestly i personally preferred it to a PPK

maks, bersa, old-ass walthers are all fine. just follow your heart.
>>
>>33419272
Good to know. Unfortunately since I live in kommifornia my CCW permit will not cover any walther larger than a .22. So my choices are limited.

With CA and my budget ass fucking me, I'm basically limited to:

P64
Bersa Firestorm
Kahr pm9
Kahr p380

What would you do?

>inb4 move
>>
>>33419312
What makes the PPS illegal
>>
>>33419319
Walther hasn't submitted it to the CA safety testing

>600 rounds with no more than 3 malfunctions
>drop from 6 feet multiple times with no discharges
>other stupid safety bullshit like loaded chamber indicator

They probably just didn't see an advantage to spending vs profit
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=96627&utm_source=KyGunCo+Marketing&utm_medium=Social+Media&utm_campaign=RGR-3701
>>
>>33419265
It's absolutely a lie, the only people who don't like them who have
>Never shot them
>Don't like guns made by non-whites
And
>Fell for le "Argentina isn't white" meme (protip: the people who make Bersas are white)

Try to find a reliable YouTuber who's had something bad to say about the Bersa.
>>
>>33419350
Hmm. Maybe.
>>
>>33419312
The Bersa, hands down.
>>
>>33419200
The mak is not good for pocket carry. You really want the lightest/smallest/thinnest gun possible. This means sacrificing caliber. LCP, P3AT, or one of the various .32 mouseguns are what your should be looking at.

I bought a PPK as my first carry gun, thinking that just because it fits in my pocket I can carry that way. It drove me insane with anger by banging against my leg all day, without a holster it looks like I have a gun in my pocket, with a holster it looks like I have a book in my pocket, and by the end of the day I was dying to remove it. I kept this up for two years, because I liked the gun and had a job with a high probability of getting robbed. It's great for IWB but if you aren't allowed to carry it absolutely must be in your pocket, otherwise someone will eventually see it.
>>
>>33419359
I'll check it out then. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>33419372
Yeah it's a bit longer than the others I was looking at, was worried about it being about an inch too long. Thanks
>>
If I dry fire one of these combloc pistols a lot will the triggers eventually get better? or just might as well order springs now?
>>
>>33419200
in addition to what >>33419240 said, if you have big hands you will probably get slide bite when shooting the P64. IMO it blows away the Bersa Thunder after a trigger spring swap.
>>
>>33419359
>guns made by non-whites
isn't bersa a bunch of italians that emigrated to argentina anyway?
>>
>>33419387
Yes, but 99.9% of people who write off Bersa do so because they assume it's shitty by virtue of being South American and consequently, made by non-whites.

https://youtu.be/sfnGXdQFOLE

It's the same exact line of thought that keeps Turkish Mausers nice and cheap, despite the fact that they're perfectly serviceable guns.
>>
>>33419386
How does it "blow away" the Bersa?
>>
>>33419350
This right here my dude. Even comes with a sweet pocket holster that works well and looks like a phone when printing. Ruger is awesome. Pick up a 7 round mag/extender you're looking at 8 rounds. If you're unsure about .380 buy the Buffalo Bore +p rounds, kinda sketchy for target shooting but it'll get the job done. The LCP is a sweet gun, as long as you can get used to the misleading trigger reset
>>
>>33419200
Ruger lcp or kel-tec p3at are cheaper, have easier to find magazines, better triggers, smaller, and lighter
No real reason to opt for the p64 besides hipster/cool points
>>
>>33419240

wut
>>
>>33419529
I guess my local situation is unique, but I nearly never see 9x18 mak at my LGS. I have to order everything online and seeing as how OP lives in CA (like I happen to) that won't be an option for him much longer.
>>
>>33419350
I got this and a Bersa thunder combat 380 plus(15+1) as my EDC. I carry it everywhere., I love them both. The Bersa PPKs are better than the smith and wesson crapversions hands down b/c IMHO they are a modern day version of the gun. More features to it, like a slide receiver holder, dead gun when mag is out, and more reliable as well. I use Winchester 95 gran and federal hst depending on my moods.

I got my wife the Ruger OP had in the link, Perfect for her, the only problem is the lack of a safety, no hammer for single fire, and trigger can be bad if you are a little weak or have issues. Other than that, that little Ruger is always ready to go with no safety. It is perfect for my wife and super small. lol don't it will get lost in a big bag
>>
>>33419200
I have this gun and I don't like it.
A lot.
>>
File: 1489830551375.jpg (98KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489830551375.jpg
98KB, 1000x800px
>>33419350
Going to grab one later this week. Shit is adorable.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.