[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me why the nambu failed? They're so simply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 0-Nambu-Type-14-Exploded.png (355KB, 1000x566px) Image search: [Google]
0-Nambu-Type-14-Exploded.png
355KB, 1000x566px
Can anyone tell me why the nambu failed? They're so simply manufactured, half the machining could be done with files and calipers. I don't know what it's called but the way the bolt locks into the frame rather than into the barrel like most modern short-recoil guns (1911, glock, ect) seems like a very nice way to have good lockup while also keeping an accurate, fixed barrel. Is this system only capable of handling enemic rounds or something? why didnt we see an explosion of 9mm nambu copies after the war? why has the design never really been revisited by modern gun design?
>>
>>33417477
Because the ones that were made were made in a shitty ass caliber that led to malfunctions which led to people disliking them.

Then Ruger made his copy in .22 and everyone loved that but nobody seemed to give a flying fuck about one in anything BUT .22 as everyone and their brother was already making 9mm Luger handguns in infinitely simpler and cheaper and better models.
>>
>>33417477
Bill ruger made a couple of direct copies before he started work on his pistols
>>
>>33417513
you really think the design was overlooked just because the actual japanese nambus were shit quality and shit caliber? because really i cant find any fixed barrel auto pistols that arent straight blowback...
>>
>>33417477
Other pistols lock on the frame like that, too.
See M9
>>
>>33417542
>i cant find any fixed barrel auto pistols that arent straight blowback...

Broomhandle Mauser
Deagle
CZ 82&83
AMT Automag
HK P9S
Astra 300, 400, & 600
Steyr GB 9mm
Korriphila HSP-701
Wilde
>>
>>33417542
Yes.
See >>33417618.
Also the HK P7
The CZ-52 (the roller locked pistol)
And The Luger
>>
>>33417654
luger isn't fixed barrel
>>
>>33417477
Certain design elements are included in Ruger MkI/II/III/IV pistols

The cartridge sucked

Wartime production quality sucked

I would be willing to bet the caliber had a big part, with regards to

1. Lack of other weapons using it, as opposed to something like the Luger and MP40/MP18 maybe a few others

2. Lack of these weapons in US, shitty wartime production bringback examples don't leave a lot of interest in gun etc. and nothing else to shoot it other than Type94 total piece of trash

3. Fortay Fahv Stopping powah... which was true to a certain extent before the advent of good quality, modern hollowpoints
>>
>>33417662
It's fixed to the locking area.
The toggle locks to the short recoil assembly (same as the C96)
>>
didn't the nambu have an external sear link so it could go off if you touched it wrong?
>>
>>33417712
Only that one model.
>>
>>33417692
yeah, but it still recoils
I thought he was asking about fixed (to the frame) barrels
>>
>>33417744
The Nambu isn't gas operated or delayed blowback as far as I recall, right?

It has a short recoil system.
Hold up a second, gonna go do some digging and make sure I'm right.
>>
>>33417764
Yep, recoil operated.
The top assembly has to recoil a ways to unlock, just like a Luger.
>>
>>33417477
Over complex for what they were as what was essentially a bottlenecked 380, plus by 45 everyion kinda already had something
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.