[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just found out what my job will be in the Air Force. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: USAF_logo.png (720KB, 1344x1128px) Image search: [Google]
USAF_logo.png
720KB, 1344x1128px
Just found out what my job will be in the Air Force. I'm going to be a Cryptologic Language Analyst. Any advice for DLI or anything air force related in general? I'm just trying to get a good idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>33413589
basically you will be looking at words that aliens and big foot and other crypt-ids write and you will have to decipher what they said
>>
Did you do the DLAB at Meps? I was originally trying to get that job, but wanted to be an airborne linguist and my eyesight disqualified me. Wound up being avionics on bombers. Did they tell you what language you'll be learning? My understanding is that you'll spend over a year in tech school learning your language down in southern California. I worked with a few people who washed out of that program, they said it's tough.
>>
>>33413589
Drop a burner email and ill give you what i learned.
>>
>>33413751
jsguitarist1990 @ a o l . c o m
>>
>>33413707
Yeah I passed with a 118, no they haven't told me yet.
>>
>>33413589
DLI is the hardest school academically in the military. Be ready for long days with a lot of homework.
>>
>>33413589
Enjoy washing out
>>
>>33414011
OP here. Is it really that bad???
>>
>>33414071
Yeah, we had a guy wash into GAC shop after he was in that shit for like a year and a half. Enjoy being a maintainer or AGE when you fail
>>
>>33413827
Thats around what I scored, which I guess isn't really high, but still passing. I was told that score would most likely be Arabic or Spanish (why they would train a non native Spanish speaking person instead of just getting someone who was born into it, I'll never understand). Guess the high scorers get Mandarin or crazy African languages
>>
>>33414088
Only place I know that calls us GAC is the 9th amu. You B1's in Dyess?
>>
>>33414088
>Enjoy being in the real AF when you fail
Indeed
>>
>>33413589
DVEKS UNYFA SJVLU
>>
>>33414904
>the real air force
The most meaningless phrase ever. You embarrass yourself.
>>
>>33414949
Found the nonner
>>
File: Incredulous GOD EMPEROR.png (467KB, 623x411px) Image search: [Google]
Incredulous GOD EMPEROR.png
467KB, 623x411px
>>33414954
You are Air Force, you are as nonner as they get. Enjoy your "real Air Force", whatever the fuck that means you "I walk for PT" pear shaped hero.

>the real Air Force
Can't believe he typed that
>>
>>33413707
Does corrected vision disqualify people? I'm 20/800 but with contacts I'm 20/20.
>>
>>33415179
You are Air Force and you aren't a pilot. Why in the fuck would you be disqualified for a job where you sit?
>>
>>33415204
I'm not Air Force, and no I'm not a pilot. I'm not OP either. I was just asking since anon said his eyesight disqualified him from being an airborne linguist. I'm assuming pilots aren't translating Farsi while flying, so I asked if corrected vision would prevent me from having a job on a plane if I did decide to enlist.
>>
>>33415179
I believe it's the requirements for aircrew is 20/20 with corrective lenses. That's just for aircrew, so any normal ground job different, don't need perfect vision.
>>
>>33414974
t. rejected by AF
>>
>>33413589
DLI chicks are horny as fuck and many will wash for getting preggers, try not to become a father while you're there.
>>
>>33416357
Thats why the Marines and Soldiers are there. Airfucks just end up raising the dick product afterwards.
>>
Neeeerd
>>
File: KTjXpKyLc.jpg (221KB, 1500x1332px) Image search: [Google]
KTjXpKyLc.jpg
221KB, 1500x1332px
>>33413589

There's a lot of females in your career field

Always wear a raincoat, they get around, and don't get too emotionally invested.
>>
File: milhouse - not a nerd.jpg (69KB, 417x593px) Image search: [Google]
milhouse - not a nerd.jpg
69KB, 417x593px
>>33419753
>emotionally invested
You talk like a chick. Do all linguists talk like this?

>>33418664
>nerd
You aren't a nerd. Nerds are smart.
>>
>not combat arms
>Air Force

B BB BB BBBUT MUH
>CIVILIAN CAREER
M MMM M MM M MUH
>COZY INDOOR JOB ENVIRONMENT

lmayo
>>
>>33420296
>linguist
>civilian career
Yeah, enjoy being a public school teacher
>>
>>33420290
>You talk like a chick. Do all linguists talk like this?

I'm saying don't fall in love after nutting in your first piece of military poon, chucklefuck.
>>
>>33413589

Don't fuck up or they WILL bump your ass to SecFo or Flightline.
>>
>>33413589
One of three things is going to happen to you:
A)You pass and get sent to your unit.
B)The firehose of info is too much and you get washed into another career field or out of the Air Force entirely.
C)You have a mental breakdown and kill yourself.

Have fun OP. From what I hear expect to drink a lot if you are legal.
>>
>>33420334
>You have a mental breakdown and kill yourself.
Mainly because linguists have weird mental issues to begin with. Job most likely have a sex change as well.
>>
>>33420309
Or for the NSA,FBI,CIA, literally any three letter agency, translater/interpreter for a company, freelance linguist, etc.
>>
>>33420339
>mfw other intel career field.
>mfw trying to wade through red tape so I can transition.
>>
>>33413589
>Crypto
Congrats on your 99 ASVAB. Don't fail out of tech school or you'll end up a 2T2 like me.
>>
>>33413589
Enjoy security forces when you fail out.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.