[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do American cops always shoot to kill? Pretty sick desu.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 19

File: cop-shooting-position-435x290.jpg (34KB, 435x290px) Image search: [Google]
cop-shooting-position-435x290.jpg
34KB, 435x290px
Why do American cops always shoot to kill? Pretty sick desu.

Here in Japan, police are required to fire a warning shot first. That usually does the job. Even then, I think police should try to shoot the criminal in the hand, not fire with the intent of killing.
>>
>>33410082
Niggers are conditioned to the sound of gunfire.
>>
Jog on jap
>>
>>33410082
America has worse criminals.

>They carry guns
You fire a warning shot, they wont.
>they on drugs
Some criminals take up to 9 bullets to take down.
>america has a fucked medical sue system
If i break into your house and you blow my legs off i can sue you for my medical bills and other damadges. If i were you, id shoot to kill because I'm not paying half a mil because i defended my own home.
>>
>>33410082
Firing a warning shot when there is little to no chance the suspect has a gun.

'You try to shoot for the hand' Homes, you only shoot to kill. When he falls over and is no longer a threat (not always the same thing) you do what you can to save his life but if the situation has escalated to the point guns are drawn it's because threat to the officer's life is imminent. I don't know about Japan but over here cops (are only supposed to) draw down on armed and aggressive suspects and some's life is in very real, non-theoretical danger.

Also, yes >>33410096, we have much more vicious criminals then you do.
>>
>>33410082
Where do they shoot this warning shot?
>>
Why don't cops just shoot knives out of the bad guys hands instead of killing them??
>>
>>33410116
In the ground.
>>
>>33410119
Why don't cops just use crossbows to pin suspects to the wall by their clothing?
>>
>>33410116
Into the skull.
>>
>>33410082
>fires warning shot
>round ricochets
>hits bystandar
>department sued

More likely scenario than a criminal giving up to a warning shot.
>>
>>33410082
>officer shoots for the hand
>misses
>hits a bystander
wew lad can't imagine how that could go wrong
>>
>>33410115
US cops seem to be unable to de-escalate situations. Instead of talking sense and calming people down, they bark orders like dogs.

They come off as aggressive, confrontational and eager to draw and fire as soon as they "feel in danger".

How is it that cops in other countries have adopted the "Shoot the suspect in the leg" -methods just fine and save dozens of suspect lives yearly by doing it, but you seem to be unable to do it?

MUH SHOOT TO KILL, MUH ARTERIES, MUH CENTER MASS.

Is it the poor training your officers receive?
I mean, your cops only study and train for 6-10 months, compared to 2-3 years in the rest of the civilized world.
>>
>>33410168
This is usually done when a suspect is holding a knife or similiar weapon and is standing still, after he has been cornered by the police.

A regular officer should be able to hit a suspects leg from 40 feet.
>>
>>33410176
You say this like your county is even the size of one of our states. Sone departments make europoor departments look like filth, some make saudi police look respectable. It's almost as if our country is the size of your continent. Combine this with our hard left media that literally only reports the fuck ups and it quickly looks like shit.
>>
>>33410162
You are actually implying that every ricochet would hit a bystander?
And that every suspect would simply ignore the shot that was fired.

Cops that are trained properly, know to actually check for civilians that might be standing in the backround.

This is so basic shit that its taught to conscripts in most militaries.

Do your cops receive poorer training than conscripts?
>>
>>33410180
You have the money for the training.
Yet you spend it on MRAP's, helicopters and US mil surplus gear.
>>
>>33410180
Nice copout fatburger.

All American police are overweight manlets on a power trip, thinking that operator tactics can be applied to their podunk midwestern town. They can't even spell "civil service," let alone grasp the concept.
>>
>>33410185
If a warning shot is going to be what de-escalates the situation you didn't need a warning shot in the first place.

Use a fucking tazer like the rest of the ddeveloped world.

Firearms should only ever be fired to take a life, and as a last resort (which is how it works in the U.S. if you stop taking CNN's unbelievably biased reporting seriously).

>>33410193
Kek not even taking that low effort bait

>>33410196
>knows nothing about what he speaks of.
Typical europoor
>>
My father in law was a Detective in Nara Prefecture for 40 years. Told me some shit that I considered (as an Ausfag) unusual:
Normal beat cops don't even have guns (like Poms).
Cops who have guns only have .22 revolvers.
Riot Police are a different creature who will push your shit in Tiannamen Square style.
Detectives would often go to dinner with Yakuza to compare notes and negotiate turf.
Most violent, but small scale crime, is treated by disciplinary action if within Yakuza, or on their turf. They'd keep the peace well, if the market is steady for them.

Feel free to poke holes in my fable /k/omrads.
>>
>>33410082
Liability
It's better for the city to just kill some dude rather than have to settle a civil suit for wrongful injury
Dead men tell no tales
>>
>>33410082
Sidearm is viewed as Lethal Force only.

Lethal force is only to be used when other options have failed.

The goal of using lethal force is to neutralize the threat as quickly as possible.

Therefore when sidearms are used they are used to kill the suspect quickly and thoroughly.

This is why you see reports of suspects getting shot an absurd number of times, training says when the shooting starts officers should magdump into the target. Get a handful of officers all involved in stand-off turned shooting and you have a suspect with 50+ holes in him. If you wanted to change this in the US you would have to either stop viewing the sidearm as a purely lethal force option, which is very unlikely.
>>
>>33410176
Don't generalize you gigantic faggot. There are also plenty videos of US cops deescalating the situation very professionally and keeping their cool while the suspect is extremely annoying (I am being detained?), and there are also videos of European cops brutalizing suspects.
>>
>>33410179
Well fair enough. But that's a different situation since he's cornered.
>>
>>33410208
Except when Al Sharpton speaks for them...
>>
>>33410209
In todays world there's no reason for it not to be leathal force only. Police have pepper spray, batons, dogs, and tazers to work with. Usually the tazer and dogs are enough to stop anyone who isn't going to start a shootout anyways.

Cops who use a firearm to wound are ones who lack the proper equipment to deal with a suspect.
>>
>>33410176
>How is it that cops in other countries have adopted the "Shoot the suspect in the leg" -methods just fine
No one adopted that polcy. At best it's shoot in the pelvis.
>>
>>33410185
>Makes an apples to oranges comparison in training continuums and practices

In a single fiscal year an average soldier would have far more opportunities for training compared compared to your average patrol officer.

It's not whether or not they have the training, it's how much funding they get to sustain skill reinforcement and areas of focus for the upper hierarchy.
>>
>>33410214
Give it up. Europoors are to fucking stupid to understand the concept of a country larger than New York. They also take the shit CNN spews as gospel.
>>
>>33410207
>.22 revolvers
That seems like a terrible idea.

>Yakuza
Sounds about right.
Remember stories from my father about how the Mafia worked with the NYPD when they had discipline issues that needed to be handled out of house.
>>
File: fat-cop.jpg (91KB, 695x412px) Image search: [Google]
fat-cop.jpg
91KB, 695x412px
>>33410206
>wew a solid argument
>better call it bait

Firearms are used as the last option here too.
Yet before taking the life of the suspect, the cops try to neutralize the suspect without firing fatal shots to the chest / head area.

See, we care about the lives of the suspects too. Our cops aren't overweight pussies who fear for their lives and magdump into the first nigger who has a hand inside his waistband.

It's because they eliminate such candidates with IQ, personality and fitness tests.
>>
>>33410222
Which is why no one uses a firearm to wound.
>>
>>33410224
"Shoot in the leg" is a bullshit meme that needs to die. Having done Service Match for 5 years, I couldn't imagine any cop pulling off such a shot with the 4 hrs every 6 months practice they get (in Queensland, Ausfalia).

Half the cops we watched practice (we shared a range), hated shooting, and went home the moment they could.

If a QLD cop shot at me, it would be a headshot, by accident, aiming for my big toe.
>>
>>33410234
Ok, let's imagine a gun is meant to be used as lethal and non-lethal force depending on the situation. You're dealing with a suspect where a non-lethal shoot is authorized. Using your Robocop-like skills, you aim for the leg as he's running at you. You hit the femoral artery. He bleeds out and dies.

Do you go to jail? After all, a lethal shoot wasn't justified, and you tried to just shoot to wound. But shit happens.
>>
>>33410241
wew, your cops are burger-tier when it comes to training time.

I don't mean range time. I mean the time spent in the academy. 2-3 years is sufficient to teach people skills and creating actual public servants, instead of armed militia with a blue uniform.
>>
>>33410232
Nara is mostly rural, with a heavy tourist industry. I've been to my wife's house there 11 times. Only time I saw armed police was when Hu Jintao was on a state visit to an old shrine.

I agree, I'd almost rather a faggot katana, than a 22 six shooter (fuck hopefully they were 10 chambered).

I have zero idea what other prefecture police do.
>>
File: burger.png (132KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
burger.png
132KB, 600x514px
>>33410244
>muh arteries
>>
>>33410082
>>>/pol/
>>
Every bullet you fire goes somewhere. Warning shots are a bad idea, it endangers innocent bystanders even a significant distance away depending on where the shot is fired. A gun is for lethal force, 'flesh wounds' like a shot to the leg can easily kill if they hit an artery. Hitting a hand is an especially difficult shot, especially if the target is moving. Also, good luck getting a cop to make a shot like that, especially in places like NYC where they're hobbled with 12 pound trigger pulls.

That being said, American cops are a bit too quick to draw a weapon thanks to years of hero worship, a too trusting court system, Dinkheller fever, your good old good faith corruption, etc. I certainly don't want gangbangers or mass shooters to get the draw on them, but police by and large could afford to learn better de-escalation techniques, and the court system should actually start caring about those bill of rights thingies we like, instead of inventing bullshit like 'qualified immunity' or gutting the exclusionary rule.
>>
>>33410176
Our prison system is bursting at the seams.

The cost to support someone in prison.

Our slow fuck court system is filled with pointless dumb shit and some legitimate serious shit in between.

Same goes for attorneys, the cost of legal fees on both sides, and the competent and grossly incompetent attorneys that straddle that $$$ boundry. Not to mention the whole civil court the families or whoeverthefuck wants to take you through afterwards for monetary reasons.

I am all for rehabilitation for people who really do need that "2nd chance" or wake up call, but overall, we got enough bullshit draining our taxes to really give a fuck to rehabilitating a criminal that gives a shit about improving themselves.
>>
>>33410245
No argument. All cops do in Qld is issue traffic tickets, break up domestics, and confiscate goonbags from boongs.

As such, their abilities, and respect from the public is immeasurably small.
>>
>>33410082
Americans are naturally worse at shooting.
It's the trembling diabeetus-hands.
>>
>>33410082
everybody has guns in America because we are not a nation of pussies

we don't really need cops because 90% of violent crimes are stopped by good guys with guns
>>
tldr:
arteries no longer exist and if you think otherwise you're a stupid clapistanian
>>
What is this "warning shot"?
>>
>>33410176

Center mass is literally the best training method and the best means of survival in a deadly situation you stupid Euro.
>>
>>33410196
>union job
>civil service
choose one and only one, my friend
>>
>>33410280
it's when you try to warn people then get shot
>>
>>33410082

Lawyers.

If you shoot to wound/warn, then the threat wasn't great enough to justify firing the gun.

Criminal's family wins wrongful death suit, cop loses job, lawyer makes a lot of money.
>>
>>33410234
>magdump into the first nigger who has a hand inside his waistband.
you say that like its a bad thing

https://pols.uic.edu/docs/default-source/chicago_politics/anti-corruption_reports/policecorruption.pdf?sfvrsn=2
>>
>>33410234
>he doesn't believe in drawing your weapon when a violent nigger reaches in his waistband

This is why muslims are steamrolling your country.
>>
>>33410275
The average american has six inches of fat covered with a hard crusty surface. Inbetween there are layers of hardened tissue from all the sitting he does. These layers are found on his entire body. This alone can stop your typical 9mm rounds carried by the police.

The mans arteries are lubed so well that they can actively move inside the skin and dodge incoming threats such as bullets or lawn darts.

You wouldn't be able to hit an artery even if you wanted to.
>>
File: 1490119067201.jpg (9KB, 241x215px) Image search: [Google]
1490119067201.jpg
9KB, 241x215px
>>33410082
>>
File: REMOVE OP.gif (66KB, 223x199px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE OP.gif
66KB, 223x199px
>>33410082
>>33410176
>>33410193
>>implying anyone of value gives a shit about the lives of violent felons

>>33410234
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but the US has a huge criminal nigger population. Thanks to conditioning from their own community and the MSM, they think it's okay to disobey lawful commands and fight back. They are often armed, and have no interest in "de-escalation" unless that means the Cop apologizing for interrupting their crime and telling them to have a pleasant evening.

Yes, cops bark orders. They're dealing with subjects that are lower than dogs, so..

>>See, we care about the lives of the suspects too.

You know literally nothing about Law Enforcement in the US, the criminal underclass of the US, or life in the US in general. You are either an incredibly naive fool or a troll. You want to see police brutality, go watch some liveleak of Brazil law enforcement.

But I've wasted enough time and effort on a bait thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
>>
>>33410082
what happened to tasers?
remember a while back when everybody was getting tased?
then nobody got tased anymore and they just straight up get shot
and the cops were all like we wanted to tase them but grabbed the gun by accident instead and fired 5 times before realizing it's not a taser
>>
>>33410298
Cops shooting people and immigration policies have nothing to do with eachother. But you wouldn't know that.
>>
>>33410176
Niggers don't have the capacity to listen to logic in reasoning.
>>
>>33410314
And then we get your typical racist american. Blaming minorities for all of his problems.
>>
>>33410310

You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever attended an American police academy? Do you know anything about how force is instructed. Do you have any real-world experience as a law enforcement officer. I sincerely doubt it. You're just another armchair liberal talking out of his ass
>>
>>33410320
well white neighborhoods dont have these problems
>>
>>33410329
why don't niggers raid white neighborhoods like vikings did way back when
>>
>>33410310

And yes, they do have something to do with each other. Because police officer training will no doubt change in the coming years as terrorism becomes more commonplace in the EU.
>>
File: macaroni-3-548x350.jpg (44KB, 548x350px) Image search: [Google]
macaroni-3-548x350.jpg
44KB, 548x350px
>>33410291

What is "I can't believe you took that seriously"?

/k/..... The discussion board equivalent of macaroni art..
>>
>>33410331

They could fuck up a one car funeral... and you expect them to organize like Vikings?
>>
>>33410234
>yet before taking the life of the suspect, the cops cops try to neutralize the suspect

Then its clearly not their last resort.

You continue to use baseless generalizations. So you really are this retarded or this is bait.
>>
>>33410320
And we get the person who knows only what his government tells him.
>>
>Just shoot them in the hand.

Not as easy as it looks Mr. Nippon
>>
>>33410082
its pretty hard just to wound someone
>>
>>33410207
here in nz the cops just wrestle people into submission
have to be doing something stupid to get baton or tasted
but at the same time there is no way to tell who is part of the AOS and thus has an ass tonne of guns hidden in their car
>>
>>33410329
White hoods so have that problem you commie
>>
>>33410176
There is not one police service in the world that advocates "shoot them in the hand" or leg or whatever.
>>
>>33410467
I find it humerus how you cry about baseless generalisations after you or someone else in the reply chain made the claim that no situation ever can be de-escalated by a warning shot.
>>
>>33410214
He's right about de-escalating although he's retarded about "shoot them in the leg"

I've seen many videos of a cop stopping to do some investigation and someone who has nothing to do with the investigation merely rubs the cop the wrong way and the cop ends up beating the shit out of them and arresting them for some trumped up charge like "obstructing an investigation" or "resisting arrest", the videos alone wouldn't be a problem if they didn't always receive full support of their actions from their police departments.
>>
>>33410250
>people don't have arteries

God fucking damn i hate Australian shit posters.
>>
Warning shots are a meme
You are not a fucking naval vessel
You only shoot when you need to kill.
>>
>>33410082
>here in Japan

Weak bait.
>>
>>33410307

People (and dogs) are still getting the taser. If they don't die of heart failure, you just never hear about it.
>>
>>33410082
> using a lethal weapon without the intent to kill or maim

guess how I know you're noguns
>>
>>33410234
Dude the process to become a police officer is nightmarish and if you're stupid/fat/aggressive they weed you out very quickly. Trust me, I've been through it.
>>
Japan doesn't have a culture of unruly murderous thugs.

Sure must be nice having a homogenous society.
>>
>>33410082
Because the only way to stop a man trying to kill you is by killing him first. You try that warning shot bullshit when a nigger with a knife is charging at you and see how it works.
>>
Legal/Moral arguments:

When you draw your firearm you are doing so to stop the commission of a violent felony likely to cause death. I don't understand the moral qualms you have with using lethal force on violent criminals in order to prevent loss of life. Also using a firearm is de jure deadly force whether you aim at their pinky toe or their forehead.

Practical argument:

In terms of stopping an attack the most effective target areas on the human body or any animal really is the upper thorax or head. Leg or arm shots often aren't immediately debilitating, especially in cases with determined attackers or someone in a state of excited delirium. Such shots would also be difficult with all of the anxiety and andrenaline associated with a gun fight, this isn't a casual shoot at the range.
>>
>>33410234
>Austin Police department in picture
That's about right. Glad "Fart" Acevedo is pissing off to ruin another city
>>
No cop in his right mind would fire a warning shot. There is extreme liability in where that bullet ends up. If you aren't persuaded by the presence of the gun, maybe you shouldn't be in the gene pool any longer.
>>
>>33410082
American cops have no concept of force deescalation at all. They're trained to see everyone they encounter as a PCP-addled nigger wanting to rip their throats out and often times themselves escalate situations to the point where deadly force would be "authorized".

Recently I've noticed quite a few people getting shot for pulling out their IDs or wallets as the cops request. Cops are trained to magdump anybody that pulls out any slightly squared object in a manner that spooks the officers.

That being said, it's a two-pronged issue. Niggers are absolutely horrid to deal with on a daily basis and are extremely violent which often do warrant justifiable usage of lethal force. On the other hand cops are so poorly trained that situations where cops shoot people either on accident, in crossfire, or shoot people with phones/wallets/IDs/keys/etc are becoming more commomplace.
>>
Warning shot is literally the most stupid thing ever
>NO idea where the fuck the round ma end up
>suspect just hears gun shot, assumes your shooting at him and just missed
>now you have a highly agitated suspect, and a random bystander bleeding out two blocks down
>>
>>33410864
The thing you don't seem to realize, like a typical BLM rioter, is that most people shot by the police deserve it, and that unjustified or morally wrong shootings are the exception not the rule.
>>
Because we have niggers OP.
>>
>>33410331
Because niggers are busy shooting each other over Crack corners. Also whitey has guns
>>
>>33410886
Nowhere did I say that most police shootings weren't justified, and don't fucking compare me to the apes that are BLM. There are legitimate issues with cops unjustifiably shooting people which goes back a very long time in America. It's only become a topic now because it fits the Left's narrative.

Niggers are savages and need to be thrown in the ocean, and cops are fucking troglodytes often unfit to handle firearms.
>>
>>33410082
Japan doesn't have an infestation of niggers.
>>
>>33410293
This right here is a good argument for physically removing every damn Jew from this country.
>>
>>33410320
You don't have a leg to stand on, and you know it. Niggers are less than 15% of our population, but they commit 50% of murders in this country. A predominantly white city will always be more peaceful than a predominantly nigger-infested one.
>>
>>33410818
>the upper thorax
What is this, a strategy for ants?
>>
>>33410176
>How is it that cops in other countries have adopted the "Shoot the suspect in the leg"

Haha what the fuck are you talking about you retarded mongool ? I'm from west europe and regular cops shoot like only 30 rounds per year for training, I wouldn't trust them to hit an elephant in a corridor
>>
>>33410162
They still use mostly .38 special so ricochets are unlikely.
>>
>>33410818
>Also using a firearm is de jure deadly force whether you aim at their pinky toe or their forehead.
This is the only reason burgers don't use warning shots or shots to extremities, the rest is just conjecture.

Your practical reasonint is valid, but that doesn't mean there is no room left for warning/wounding shots.
>>
>>33410299
Kek'd and checked
>>
>>33411102
A "wounding" shot with a gun can cause someone to go into shock and die, you cannot control that and you cannot predict if someone is susceptible to it.

You shoot if you can justify lethal force.
You don't if you can not.

It is literally that simple.

Now fuck off outta here with your shitty bait.
>>
>>33410345
>where you try to warn somebody then get shot
>then get shot
But he didn't take it seriously, anon..
>>
Because most people become cops because they crave power, and what power is greater than that of life and death? I'd be a murderer too if I got $60k a year for being a barely literate high school graduate with anger issues. That's what the departments want.
>>
>>33410092
fpbp
>>
>>33411201
>departments want lots of shootings
You truly have no grasp on reality.
>>
>>33411111
>>
On the topic of a warning shot, the fear of ricochet could be mitigated with the theory of having a frangible round in the chamber.
The only issue is that calls a couple of variables to arise.
-Officer forgot to load a frangible first
-Frangible rounds are finicky, especially if used in revolvers

Argument of warning shot effectiveness aside and all that jazz.
>>
>>33410082
Have you tried shooting a moving hand in a tense situation, you fucking nip?
Gringos should've nuked you thrice.
>>
>>33411232
I mean, they ARE asians.
>>
>>33411223
They want people who understand "Respect my authoritah!" And enforce such sentiments unwaveringly. If they didn't then why don't they punish malfeasance?
>>
>>33411248
If nips are so good why do they suck at overwatch

That's like shooting in real life right ?
>>
>>33411259
Because it's called law enforcement, not "law gentle suggestion", and many times it's idiots that bring it on themselves like people pointing guns at cops, real fucking smart.

You also cannot make blanket statements about law enforcement departments/agencies anymore than someone can make statements about the behavior of a racial group.

And unless you live in the United States, you can go drink bleach because what happens here isn't any of your fucking business.
>>
>>33411146
No, you cannot control it 100% that the suspect won't die of the gunshot wound to the extremity, just like you can't control him falling and hitting his dead and dying of brain hemorrhage after being tased or him choking to death because you used OC on him and he happened to be deathly allergic to paprika.

The point is that the suspect is less likely to die of a shot to an extremity than having his torso ventilated, so it is a natural part of the force continuum.
>>
>>33410250
Are you retarded?
>>
>>33410082
>Japan, police are required to fire a warning shot
もしもし、ベイトです。
>>
>>33411325
They're much less likely to die if you don't shoot them.

Don't want to kill him? Don't shoot him. End of discussion.
>>
>>33411344
Yes, and they're also less likely to die if you don't have to use any force on them.

What's your point?
>>
>>33411302
>You also cannot make blanket statements about law enforcement departments/agencies anymore than someone can make statements about the behavior of a racial group.
Uhh yes I can. One is entirely dependant on choice and is selective in whom can be included. And because they are selective, they look for and promote certain behaviors, like stealing your shit and saying they "suspected" you of a crime. Or beating you for not offering to suck their dick publicly. Or murdering you for attempting to comply with orders under threat of death. Incidents that are NEVER punished because they are expected and encouraged.
>>
>>33411349
I was going to sincerely reply but you're obviously retarded so...

git gud at reading comprehension, fucking kys scrub
>>
>>33411362
Yup one police department does something bad, they're all bad.
All black people are niggers too.
>>
>>33410196
>copout
Kek
>>
>>33410193
Police departments are given that shit for free by the government they do NOT pay for it.
>>
>>33411380
>lol ur retardid
You don't have an argument, anon. If you have a suspect who you need to apprehend, you use whatever tool best fits the job. Obviously a gun is more dangerous than using a baton, but if using a gun is more applicable in the situation, you use that.

A gun is a tool just like everything else on your belt, and any other distinction is purely arbitrary. Yes, your courts don't agree, but that is literally the only valid argument you have.
>>
>>33410082
I was aiming for the hand! Why do you think it took 15 rounds? Sorry most of them hit his torso..
>>
File: westminsteratrackcrop2303b.jpg (37KB, 564x376px) Image search: [Google]
westminsteratrackcrop2303b.jpg
37KB, 564x376px
>>33410176

That's a lot of medical attention for a leg shot...
>>
>>33410082
>Why do American cops always shoot to kill?
America is police state and cops are entitled. It easier just to kill.
>>
>>33411476
how do you plan to do this? have cops brandish at suspects to make them stop? we've already determined that shooting extremities is retarded.

the officer's sidearm is not a tool for apprehension in the same way a taser is. it is a tool to stop a threat in the quickest, most effective manner. if that threat survives to make it to trial, well, that's neat. if they end up in a plastic bag, that's fine too.

plus, in your mind, once you have officers start using firearms to just stop people without even firing, their weight in peoples' minds goes down.

and, with the current culture, you could not implement this "use a gun if you need to stop somebody even if its not deadly force" overnight because of connotations of getting shot from cops pulling their guns.
>>
>>33410176
>Is it the poor training your officers receive?
It is laws.

Police partially lobbied these laws partially went with flow because it suits them. Less work more fun.
>>
>>33411836
protip: if you can call the "police state" a police state, it is not one.
>>
>>33411863
>what is public image
>what is illusion of freedom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyc-C2BNOfE
>>
>>33410545
Using a lethal weapon when you should have use a tazer. All shooting a warning shot does is endanger everyone around while in all likelyhood startling the bad guy into a fight or fligh response.
>>
File: 1487532557349.png (18KB, 132x196px) Image search: [Google]
1487532557349.png
18KB, 132x196px
>>33410082
This bait is unreal. Holy fucking shit, jap. Go take a nap.

And incase you're not joking
>shoot *at* guy with a gun, you know, just to warn him first
>like department policy says
>guy just shoots me dead
Or

>shoot *at* guy with a gun, you know, just to warn him first
>hit a soccor mom minding her own business
>give the blacks and moms a whole nother reason to hate cops & guns
>get sued AND get thrown in jail for 20+ years
>still get shot by nigger who had a gun
>all because some fucking jap thought it would be better to shoot to warn first

And you wonder why nobody likes jap police. You're all idiots.
>>
>>33411885
>that second one
fucking lol
that's how it works. you don't sign the ticket, you go to jail. all the fuck he did was tase the guy when he failed to comply with a lawful order.
fuck off.
>the fourth one
I actually live where this happened. let me fucking give you context.

>homeless man lives in mountains and is tresspassing
>cops show up
>he has a fuckload of knives
>like a fuckload
>turns into a long-ass standoff with him
>he almost surrenders
>mid-surrender, begins turning around for a knife
>shot dead in the back
fuck off.
>>
>>33410864
>On the other hand cops are so poorly trained
This is not training issue it is legal and game theory issue. Strictly from cops survival point of view is more safe to mugdump everyone who pulls out something suspicious out of pocket. Better kill ten innocents than miss one police attacker with gun and get hit by his fire. As law gives free pass to police justifiable shooting they have literally no reasons to not shot innocents. It is opposite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Z88uQOrLU
>>
>>33410082
>Here in Japan
see, this is why we need flags like on /sp/ and that other board
>>
>>33410116
don't know if they still do it, but supposedly Jap police carry revolvers, first two rounds are blanks, then a tear gas round, THEN the live ammo
>>
>>33411953
>tear gas round
>presumably .357mag or .38spl
what is this sorcery?
>>
>>33411837
>how do you plan to do this? have cops brandish at suspects to make them stop?
Yes, if it's reasonable. If you have a suspect who's known to be armed, then preparing to use firearms is a good idea.
>we've already determined that shooting extremities is retarded.
No, we haven't. Some anons have presented their opinions, but that doesn't make it true.
>the officer's sidearm is not a tool for apprehension in the same way a taser is.
First of all, leave the goalposts right where you found them. This is about firearms in general, not just pistols.
Second, you're right, it's a lot better. You don't need to get as close, and you're not completely hosed if you miss.
>it is a tool to stop a threat in the quickest, most effective manner.
It is that, but not just that. While hitting an arm or a leg with a pistol is a long shot, warning shots are perfectlu valid use of a service pistol.
>plus, in your mind, once you have officers start using firearms to just stop people without even firing, their weight in peoples' minds goes down.
Sometimes, preparing to use a lot of force from the get-go means that you don't have to use any force. Don't be so absolute.
>and, with the current culture, you could not implement this "use a gun if you need to stop somebody even if its not deadly force" overnight because of connotations of getting shot from cops pulling their guns.
Sure. But that's a problem unique to clapistan while we're discussing the applicability of the techniques themselves in a greater scale.
>>
>>33411974
I think it's a round filled with CS and you have to aim at their face, not like it's a 40mm canister round that makes a cloud
>>
>>33411974
Tiny paintball filled with pepper spray crap, basically.
>>
>>33410082
>Here in Japan, police are required to fire a warning shot first.
That seems extraordinarily dangerous for a country with such a high population density.
>>
>>33410082
Viva la patria
Muerte al subversivo
>>
>>33412027
>It is that, but not just that. While hitting an arm or a leg with a pistol is a long shot, warning shots are perfectlu valid use of a service pistol.

>Shoot drunk inna leg because you think your lethal weapon is nonlethal
>Oops, you hit his his femoral artery
>Bleeds out in minutes
>Congrats, that guy you "only meant to wound" is now dead

Alternatively

>Do that thing you always see in movies
>"Nobody said anything about kneecaps ;)"
>Congrats, you crippled a guy for a life and now he and his family are going to be all over your ass for reparations.
>>
>>33412027
>First of all, leave the goalposts right where you found them. This is about firearms in general, not just pistols.
not once in this thread has anyone mentioned other officer weapons. I'll have that discussion too if we define it.
>>
>>33410320
And then we get your typical white European who hasn't lived in a ghetto. Go live in Detroit, Fruitvale or West Oakland for a decade and then come back later, faggot
>>
>>33410818
>excited delirium

t. TASER™ brand TASER® community relations manager
>>
>>33412027
Please just fucking stop, dude. You're literally being worse than an autistic sperglord reddit user IN REAL LIFE. You're fucking dumb.

Shooting an appendage is EXTREMELY hard. Like shooting a fucking tank with a pistol, while its moving, at 200m's. Its too fucking hard to hit JUST his arm or leg. And when the fag pulls something out of his pocket, im not taking the risk its not a gun. I'm going to shoot 2 center mass and one to the head. Fuck that guy.

>Sometimes, preparing to use a lot of force from the get-go means that you don't have to use any force.
What the fuck are you talking about? This isnt even the most retarded thing you've said yet, either. Fucking idiot. Cops already have that mentality. But it really doesnt matter, does it? Since a nigger is just going to pull his gun and shoot at an officer at least 10 times around the country today. And yet, you're still saying to just shoot a warning shot.

What are you on about? Are you fucking high?

Mods, please ban him. He's not old enough to be on 4chan.
>>
>>33410331
>why don't niggers raid white neighborhoods like vikings did way back when
Already happening in the Oakland Hills in California. My family moved away from the Fruitvale district up to highlands near Laurel only for the suspicious black gentlemen to come tread into our neighborhoods. Didn't took long enough for my father and I to get the neighbors together and form a neighborhood watch.
>>
>>33412067
I already went over that. Yes, it's possible that the suspect dies over a leg wound, but it's less likely he dies than if he gets shot in the torso.

There is not a single ltl tool that is perfectly safe. It's the exact reason why you call them "less than lethal" instead of "nonlethal", for crying out loud.
>>
File: 1454567645079.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454567645079.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
The same reason why travon is pushing daisy's - dead men tell no tales. Ask Zimmerman.
>>
>>33410160
lol
>>
>>33412082
I have been talking about warning/wounding shots, I didn't purposefully specify what weapon they're delivered with. It's true that in most situations, attempting a shot to the extremity with a pistol would be unfeasible.
>>
>>33412151
You don't shoot a man unless you actually intend to kill him.

If you don't intend to kill him, USE SOMETHING ELSE.
>>
>>33412125
I am from the Netherlands and this is police training as well. You shoot for extremities first, when possible.This is because the majority of shootings happen in so called "stand offs" here, because it is usually mentally unstable people that have no weapons or bad intentions towards the police.
>>
>>33412125
Stop sperging out like a retarded teenager if you want to be taken seriously.

Shots to extremities are done routinely all over the world as a natural part of the force continuum. Are there situations where they should not be attempted? Absolutely. Does that mean that all shots to extremities are right out? Absolutely not.

>What the fuck are you talking about? This isnt even the most retarded thing you've said yet, either. Fucking idiot. Cops already have that mentality. But it really doesnt matter, does it? Since a nigger is just going to pull his gun and shoot at an officer at least 10 times around the country today. And yet, you're still saying to just shoot a warning shot.
I'm sorry for your disability.

Now, if you get a call which involves a likely armed suspect, you go in with the heavy gear just in case. Just the show of force may well de-escalate the situation where not being prepared enough may end up with the suspect (or officers) shot.

You seem to be misunderstanding something here (or a lot), I'm not advocating any requirements to fire a warning shot before shots to centre mass or anything of the sort. It's merely a part in the force continuum; sometimes you have to skip steps and go straight to the last one. Just like you don't go out and try to mace the suspect every time before using a K9, you similarly don't always have to shoot a warning/wounding shot before you ventilate the suspect's vitals.
>>
>>33412227
Yes, that's the de jure view on the subject. Don't say it like it's the objective truth.
>>
>>33410329
Japan doesn't have these problems either, because they don't have very many niggers or spics.
>>
File: Detroit Train station.jpg (1MB, 3200x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Detroit Train station.jpg
1MB, 3200x1680px
>>33412126

Really sad what's happened to American cities where people flee the old beautiful town centers

Hurts my soul to see such a beautiful building neglected and stuck in that shit hole Detroit.
>>
File: Ste_Anne_de_Detroit.jpg (298KB, 1600x2368px) Image search: [Google]
Ste_Anne_de_Detroit.jpg
298KB, 1600x2368px
>>33412358
So so sad
>>
>>33412358
That's a big station.
>>
>>33410268

You'd have a real hard time even forcing yourself to believe that.

>country where people can shoot guns in their backyards since 5 years old
>sucks compared to countries where getting a quality gun, ammo, and time to shoot it is very rare
>>
File: downtown detroit 1950.jpg (825KB, 1280x990px) Image search: [Google]
downtown detroit 1950.jpg
825KB, 1280x990px
>>33412384

What can I say it's such a damn shame
>>
>>33410320

That's pretty easy to say from a country or town where mostly everyone is white.

Soon you'll learn though nigger lover, soon you'll learn.
>>
Here's a recent case where the police used a shot to the extremity, from less than half a year ago.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://mtv.fi/uutiset/rikos/artikkeli/poliisi-ampui-miesta-jalkaan-mikkelissa/6114112&usg=ALkJrhj6eA1isbnHFXaDdICJVwW7DQABWA

So evidently other nations do employ the technique with success, so is there something intrinsically wrong with American LEOs or are Yuro cops just that good?
>>
>>33412452
I had acquaintance at work who was of similar belief then guess what happens? Some niggers moved in the same building and in about three months the entire apartment block was overrun cockroaches and the fact that the niggers would not let the exterminators in helped so much.

What can I say told you so.
>>
File: 1753176545-Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg (104KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1753176545-Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg
104KB, 1280x850px
>>33410082
Most cops here carry multiple non-lethals such as OC Spray, baton, or Taser and are training to fight hand-to-hand. If a policeman ever feels the need to draw his gun, he has determined the only way to get someone to stop is to shoot them if they continue acting aggressively. If a cop pulls his gun on you, you fucked up big-time by threatening the use of lethal force against that officer or someone else. Warning shots waste time and endangers other people. The safest place for that bullet to go is center-mass of the bad guy because it will 1) stop the threat and 2) provide a more likely chance that the bullet does not go flying into anyone else. So when non-lethals will not adequately stop the threat, shooting to kill is safest for the officer and those around him.
>>
Most of the time niggers don't give a shit if the cop fires a warning shot, they'll just run away (because they'll win the ghetto lottery if they get shot in the back) or return fire (because rap videos have told them they can win shootouts and that killing cops will earn them respect).
>>
>>33411943

This, but we'll never get them.
>>
>>33411974
>>33412041
It is CS powder bag. Basically mace spray in the gun round form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTodVANbLtc
>>
>>33410176
Fuck outta here with your faggy ass BLM shit, m'kay sweetie?
>>
>>33410331
>why don't niggers raid white neighborhoods like vikings did way back when
daily reminder that white slave owners bred niggers to be big and strong and aggressive over many generations and now they're freaked out over it. it's like those dumb ass scientists that makes super zombies in movies then gets killed
>>
File: yakety sax.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
yakety sax.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>33410176
>meanwhile in UK
>>
File: IMG_1500.jpg (56KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1500.jpg
56KB, 1024x574px
>>33410082
>Japan having crime beyond a NEET reeing in public
>doesn't have niggers
>doesn't have red necks
>doesn't have 300,000,000 people
>doesn't have 400,000,000 guns
This thread is shit
>>
>>33410176
Yeah, that's bullshit. Euro cops will put you down in a heartbeat. Seriously, when the polizei say "everybody down", they fucking mean it.
>>
>>33413283
japan has plenty of rednecks, they just keep to themselves.
>>
>>33410176
I agree that cops here in burgerland couldn't de-escalate their way off the second floor of a mall, but "shoot to wound" is just a meme proliferated by noguns. We already have enough people killed by stray cop rounds without cops who only get 4 hours of range time a year (in places like NYC) trying to pull off trick shots, there is a reason they have other weapons.
>>
>>33410082
What's the point of a fucking warning shot? To prove that a uniformed police officer's gun is in fact real?
>>
>>33410082
fuck off weeb
>>
>>33410176

I agree that cops in the US should have a longer training period.

Aiming for a rapidly moving extremity? Bullshit. Center mass is taught for a good reason, because it's the easiest target to hit, and it's most likely to actually STOP the threat.

That being said, US police dept's are way too fucking intense. The whole "militarization of police" thing isn't a liberal meme. I live in fucking white suburbia, picket fence and pussy lace curtains; they kick sand in you're face and shit during academy and taze you multiple times. Police in the US are conditioned for aggression.

You definitely need to be aggressive when Jamal and Raytheon are acting like dindus. But community orientation is often overlooked, in the shadow of ticket quotas and budget battles, and the police unions jewing city hall.

I would support a two year training program for cops. It's moronic throwing dumb aggressive mid 20's kids into the streets with less than a years experience. But police are needed, and they have a right to defend themselves; if they are met with a deadly threat, they shouldn't be crucified for using appropriate force. And shooting some nut waving a knife at the local plaza in the torso is completely appropriate.
>>
>>33410160
Fucking kek!
>>
>>33410082
>cops aren't even allowed to kill criminals
Why are you all such cucks? Ultranationalists are the best hope for your shit country
>>
>>33412267

It is the objective truth because anything else is irresponsible and inappropriate. Just because some incompetent idiots think otherwise doesn't mean it isn't true.
>>
>>33414740
>Jamal and Raytheon

My mind immediately went to a drone flying sideways.
>>
>>33414786
>Gold plated gucii cruise missiles
>>
>>33410096
/thread
>>
>>33410160
huehuehue
>>
>>33410176
This how US cops should be trained.
>White suspect?
>deescalation and negotiations.
>Only shoot if threat to public or officer.
>Niggers?
>Shoot on sight. Shoot till dead.
>>
>>33414761
Yes, arresting suspects alive instead of killing then is morally reprehensible. You're right, anon.
>>
>>33414786
>>33414865

Lol, idk why that came to me. But there's some underpriveleged black youth bound to wind up with that name.
>>
>>33410160
Lol
>>
>>33410082
in Japan there is no need to shoot to kill;

you're already dead on the inside sempai
>>
>>33414925
This isn't even good /pol/ content.
>>
>>33415180
>a nigger
>>
File: philip-stone-delbert-grady.jpg (48KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
philip-stone-delbert-grady.jpg
48KB, 1200x630px
>>33415288
>a nigger cook
>>
>>33415288
lol, K
>>
>>33410864
I will probly catch hell for this. But....

I'm a CO in state prison and I agree with this as far as making cops less trigger happy. I respect the police and what they do and the dangers they face on the streets. But for me I'm so used to defending against violent inmates with nothing more than OC and a baton. Usually the situation pops off so quick that those weapons can't be accessed and it's strictly hand to hand. That said to say when transporting inmates or what have you I know my side arm is there but I am assessing how to stop the situation hand to hand while retaining my fire arm. I can't tell you how many cops I've seen go pale when I take their gun at the gatehouse.
I think they need to focus more on weapon retention and take aways and initiating check and pass techniques. As law enforcement we aren't allowed to be "scared" but it appears that way when cops are so skiddish they grab their gun at every rapid movement. No you never know what's gonna happen but I feel that further training in situational awareness and fine combed risk assessment is needed.

Just my .02

ALSO, warning shots are a liability and likelihood of being in a situation that would dictate one is rare. Weapon out, threat down there is no in-between. It's "shoot to kill" not "shoot to scare" and if that mother fucker don't drop at the warning you are about to see the God damn Flash in real life.

AND,
No appendage shots only center mass/spinal corridor. Kill shots are because if you shoot and paralyze or mame the target you will be sued for cruel and unusual punishment.....why? you ask....because LEO'S are trained professionals and we are trained shoot to kill, so if you shoot and don't kill you were either trying to mame him on purpose or your firearm abilities will be questioned as flawed.
>>
>>33411102
Firing warning shots are also illegal in America. It's shoot to kill here in the US, whether the person shot survives is another argument in of itself
>>
>>33410331
Because the white people made like Alfred the Great built walls. This kills the raider.
>>
>>33410082
You know nothing about self defense. If you have to shoot it's because you are protecting your life or the life of someone else's. Aiming for center mass is the easiest way to make target and stop the threat, aiming for a hand is autistic as hell.
>>
>>33410082

Japan is mostly racially homogeneous and most cities in the US aren't.
>>
>>33410082
>Baitin on the easiest board
At least try bby
>>
>>33412358
Driving through East St Louis after seeing a scrapbook at the grandparents of what it used to be is depressing every time.
You can still see some of the old if you look around when you're not too busy watching for thug shit
>>
>>33413800
You do not fuck with polizei.
They will fuck your shit up indeed.
>>
>195 replies and 16 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>33410160
Laughed harder than I should have
>>
File: 1413172764667.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1413172764667.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>This entire thread

Have you guys choked on the bait yet?
>>
>>33410082
They only shoot to kill because otherwise they are endangering the public, so now they just kill instead.

It's honestly, retarded and cops should be allowed to shoot tires out if it saves lives.
>>
>>33410162
More like
>Japanese cop fires blank as warning shot
>Yakuza soldier kills his hostage and begins firing live rounds at police
>Oh no wait the cops would make a point to be no where near that Yak cause his boss informed them they had business in the area tonight.
>>
>>33410176
>6-10 months
Bruh in my state you need a bachelor's in criminal justice and and 2 semesters in CLEET
>>
>>33410082
they're actually just trained to shoot center of mass. that maximizes the chance of hitting and disabling the bad guy and minimizes the chance of missing and endangering the public.

secondly: in the US, if you employ a gun, it's considered use of lethal force even if you aim for the leg or whatever.

in other cases, you'd resort to less lethals and subject control devices, since they can be used more liberally.

as for warning shots: I know you're trolling, but warning shots endanger the public. they're illegal.
>>
File: Judge Dredd.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>33410160
>You have been warned
>>
>>33410176
Firearms are deadly weapons. Our cops carry tasers, pepper spray and batons for when lethal force is not warranted. If you consider it "civilized" to maim a person with a deadly weapon when you have less-lethal weapons which leave no permanent damage at your disposal, you're pretty fucked in the head desu.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.