[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spending so much money on a pile of metal you'll never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1410098877608.jpg (69KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1410098877608.jpg
69KB, 500x398px
>spending so much money on a pile of metal you'll never use to defend yourself
>implying they're not just offensive weapons
Why don't they let people actually have bullet '''proof''' vests instead?
>>
>>33409217
(((they))) do

clearly being raided tonight
>>
>>33409217
Because, like golf, putting itty bitty things in an itty bitty place way far away in the least amount of tries is really fun.

And you also get the added bonus of fun history and cool mechanical shit thrown in for free(ish)
>>
Because the purpose of gun control isn't actually to save you from criminals. In fact, politicians just see common people as a minor source of taxes, and couldn't give a shit less what happens to them. The real purpose of gun control is to make sure that those politicians never face any serious threats to their power. Here I don't mean on an individual basis, but on the level of the systems they've set up to maintain power. Seen through this lens, some armor that makes the bullets by which they can enforce their dictates less effective is a direct threat to their power, and must not be allowed.

When Mao Tse-tung said that all law springs from the barrel of a gun, that was a descriptive, not a normative - an "is" and not an "ought". To be able to resist bullets is tantamount to being able to resist the dictates of those in power, which, for understandable reasons, upsets those in power.

It's not about protecting the chillun from school shooters with Automatic Killer-47s. That's just what they tell the cat ladies to get them to vote the right way.
>>
You can buy bullet resistant vests though.

They just suck.
>>
Have you not seen a GQ thread? Almost everyone there has at least one plate carrier or flak.
>>
>>33409290
>>33409289
Pretty sure they're illegal because it shows intent to get into gun fights.
>>33409272
So it's better to let everyone have moar guns so that you'll more likely get shot at some day? Hmmmmm.

Oh, and, pepper spray makes it hard for someone to shoot at you. A big flashlight makes more sense than just wild westing yourselves to death. Most gun users just want to intimidate someone out of a cameras view. They never save anyone. Taser notwithstanding.
>>
>>33409316

Pretty sure that's utterly wrong outside a handful of communist enclaves. And by "pretty sure" I mean "entirely certain."
>>
>>33409329
Actually, felons often aren't allowed to have them. And they say I internet troll alot and it's illegal to wear them during a crime also where I live. I may jaywalk also.
>>
>>33409217
But I found the happy medium.

AR-15
12-guage
Compact 9mm

$2500 in guns, $2000 in ammo. I'm set for life. Going to buy a .22 for a plinker.
>>
>>33409217
>Why don't they let people actually have bullet '''proof''' vests instead?
Bait detectet
but none the less: A vest wont help you for long if someone tries to kill you (i am not talking about accidents). the vest will bu you a little time to react but it wont stop a whole mag and the other guy will quick realise what is happening and move his point of aim

tltr: a vest is useless if you dont have something to return the lead shower
>>
>>33409362
>it's illegal to wear them during a crime also where I live.

If you get caught with a screwdriver while committing a crime you'll likely be slapped with both weapon and burglary tool charges.
>>
>>33409365
>$2000 in ammo. I'm set for life
if this is the case you either are old as fuck or dont train enough
>>
File: cessna_citation_encore_2.jpg (71KB, 1140x530px) Image search: [Google]
cessna_citation_encore_2.jpg
71KB, 1140x530px
>>33409316
>Most gun users just want to intimidate someone out of a cameras view. They never save anyone.
Citation needed.
>>
>>33409408
Was Infantry for 4 years. I shoot a couple times a year and always on target.

It's like riding a bike, once you've learned it you never forget. I don't need to drain ammo constantly.

I always zero before I hunt, 20 rounds. Hunt, 10 rounds top, usually 2 to 5. So a box of ammo a year and venison in the freezer. STFU newb.
>>
>>33409466
>It's like riding a bike
with a rifle: yes
with a pistol: hell no, you have to train your skills or you wont be able to hit what you are aiming for
>Was Infantry for 4 years.
what military? if US you still shoot for shit
>>
>>33409466
>one box'a ammo for a whole year!
>>33409316
>body armor is illegul!!!
fudds ITT
>>
>>33409491
>with a rifle: yes
>with a pistol: hell no

Who hunts with a pistol. And yes the US Military. I'll give you a hint. The one who are the best Marksman. Figure it out.
>>
>>33409541

The Coast Guard?
>>
>>33409316
>Pretty sure they're illegal because it shows intent to get into gun fights.
Depends on country but in most its perfectly legal.
>>
>>33409560
They aren't military.
>>
>>33409541
>AR-15
>12-guage
>Compact 9mm
You fag talked about pistol, ar and shotgund and then switched to hunting
i would realy like to have a shooting match against a Marine because what i have seen from the US Army wasent good at all
>>
>>33409579
Everyone forgets about the coast guard :(
>>
>>33409602
Not all men shoot equally. Take up a guy who shoots expert score 245.
>>
>>33409648
>shoots expert score 245
Dude what?
>>
>>33409670
245 out of 250. 190 to qualify. 210-220 is Sharpshooter. Dude, what?
>>
>>33409697
ok and what kind of shooting is involved in this test?
>>
>>33409762
Type 1 qual USMC. It's not a mystery.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.