[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given the recent spate of truck of peace attacks, what firearm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 19

Given the recent spate of truck of peace attacks, what firearm and in what caliber should be sufficient to stop a truck attack?

I assume something that will damage the engine (like .308?) would be best since the shooter and the driver would be panicked and won't always have a clear shot of the driver, not to mention killing the driver doesn't always stop the truck dead in its tracks.

>Hard mode: only shit civilians can legally get in europe
>>
>only shit civilians can legally get in europe
you could maybe get another truck to block them
>>
Israeli's just use glocks to stop truck of peace attacks

There's a vid somewhere of some yarmulke Jew climbing up on a moving Bulldozer and shooting the driver in his seat.
>>
>>33395704
Nothing is going to stop the truck accept for explosives and a barrier.

If you shoot the driver it keeps rolling. If you shoot the engine, it keeps rolling.

Unless there is traveling off road where control is easily lost without the driver, the truck will continue forward.

>ban assault trucks, they are the perfect crowd weapon
>>
Fuck hard mode. I'm going to keep a 20mm rifle in my trunk.
>>
>>33395704
Ban high capacity assault trucks
>>
>>33395780
http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm

hope you have a big trunk anon
>>
>>33395815
I have a truck of war
>>
stop trying to treat symptoms of the problem and treat the actual problem

there is no such thing as radical islam. there is only islam.
>>
File: Lercker20.jpg (109KB, 1072x712px)
Lercker20.jpg
109KB, 1072x712px
>>33395704
Auto pistol, shoot out the tires. If that's not working too well, go for the driver.
>>
File: CCW on street.webm (3MB, 554x360px) Image search: [Google]
CCW on street.webm
3MB, 554x360px
>>
>>33395704
This is literally what .50 beowulf was designed for. So .50 beowulf is the only correct answer.
>>
Ar15 chambered in .458 SOCOM
>>
>>33396000
Where was this?
>>
File: truck.jpg (50KB, 600x258px) Image search: [Google]
truck.jpg
50KB, 600x258px
>>
>>33396017
So if it's in the UK anything with the kinetic energy equivalent of a .50 beowulf
Which is what?
A giant fucking boulder being tossed by 5 alert bodybuilders?
>>
>>33396117
Israel.
>>
File: paris truckrs.webm (355KB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
paris truckrs.webm
355KB, 224x400px
>>
>>33396000
Nice trips of truth
>>
>>33396146
.270 has the same energy as .50 Beowulf, so any deer rifle cartridge.
Alternatively, .303 has more energy, so if everyone has a Lee-Enfield or Bren...
>>
>>33396188
>so if everyone has a Lee-Enfield or Bren...
Dude they get their kilts in a bunch over knives
Guns for self defense don't exist in the UK i think
>>
>>33396146
Well let's see.

You have your fat people.

Uh. I dunno. Throw a crate of tea at it?

Certainly not your police cars, they don't have the kinetic energy even at their max speed.

Speaking of which, how do bong police actually arrest anyone? Every police car I've seen of theirs literally doesn't have a back seat.
>>
>>33396146
>So if it's in the UK

If it's in the UK you're already fucked. Best to bend over and take it in the name of public safety.
>>
>>33396201
Nice to see those tax pounds and BBC cuck fees at work
>>
>>33396201
>UK
>ex-greatest navy on earth
>groundbreaking projectile advancements and infantry tactics in WWII
>Most prolific empire on earth
>Legendary F1/automotive heritage
>gave up china
>gave up India, birthing the most lethal IT-workforce of our time
Fucking lord I've been shafted too many times trying to get customer support from a donkey who reads off a script
>>
>>33396146
shotgun slugs maybe? i don't know Euro/Britbong laws, but a 3" or 3.5" slug will be close to 50 beowulf ballistics and a little more readily available than a proprietary cartridge
>>
>>33396288
>The guiding laws for firearms in Scotland are the Firearms (Scotland) Rules 1989 and the Firearms Act (1968). All handguns, semi-automatic and pump-action non-rim-fire rifles are prohibited. A few pistols are licensed on a Firearm Certificate for exactly the same reasons as the rest of Great Britain.
That's just a quick google
jesus that's crazy
At least japan has fairly strict refugee laws (not to mention they're arguably at capacity),not that that stopped the Sarin incident or their very own truck-attack, but at least that truck attack wasn't done in the name of Allah
>>
>>33396310
oh wait that was just scotland; apparently that means in lieu of this week's most recent rampage, the best they had to deal with the truck was .22

Or whatever the beaverskins have equipped
>>
>>33395740
this
>>
>>33395704
Do what the terrorists do. Keep an IED on hand at most times.
>>
File: 1482558812367.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482558812367.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>33396310
>>33396325
when i checked the wiki article on UK gun laws, it seemed like shotguns were legal to own (provided you have the right certificate/permit) if they have no more than a 3 round capacity.
>tfw double barrel slugs to the driver/engine block could've stopped this mess
>>
>>33396404
definitely don't see citizens in any country these days running around with hunting shotguns though

I wonder if the French will ever wisen up
>>
>>33395704
>what firearm and in what caliber should be sufficient to stop a truck attack?
Any .308 firearm, better results with black tip
>https://youtu.be/FYoHWFoE9Q4
>>
>>33395704
Y'know, around the time the US Army was getting fed up with car bombers in Iraq speeding into and through checkpoints, only to detonate when rifle and machine gun rounds failed to damage the engine to stop the vehicle from running defense contractors were commissioned to create a solution to this problem. One such solution was the FRAG-12. As the name implies it was a high explosive 12 gauge shotgun round. Never did hear anything about its efficacy but they're darn neat all the same.

https://www.frag12.com/home
>>
>>33396582
That wouldn't do much to a car. It's a very small amount of explosive.
>>
I don't have a TV. What has been happening lately?
>>
>>33395834
>there is no such thing as radical Islam
>almonds activated

>only islam
>almonds deactivated
>>
>>33396607
After doing a little additional research it seems I was a bit misinformed. The FRAG-12 was in development since 1994 and, appropriately enough, was tested by the UK Ministry of Defense. Seems to me that while the effective penetration of 1/4" of steel wouldn't be enough to destroy an engine block, it could certainly penetrate the grill or hood and do enough damage to disable all but the sturdiest of non-armored vehicles. Alternatively, one probably wouldn't even have to score a direct hit on the driver through the windshield to kill or incapacitate with a few of these.

>http://www.defensereview.com/auto-assault-12-shotgunfrag-12-high-explosive-round-comboweapon-system/
>http://www.defensereview.com/1_31_2004/FRAG%2012.pdf
>>
File: damn.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
damn.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
So how the fuck do you stop pic related?
>>
>>33397112
By not:

1. stopping
2. trying to outrun the truck
3. not paying attention around traffic

doing 2 of these three would've saved any of those people besides the first couple cars.
>>
>>33396622
The Religion Of Peace ran over a bunch of people in Britain today. Two dead, eight injured.
>>
File: 4ae.jpg (31KB, 680x765px)
4ae.jpg
31KB, 680x765px
>>33397112

> that dude on the bike cycling as fast as he could
>>
>>33395704
308 wont damage an engine m8, maybe if you use AP and are going full auto and get lucky and hit some important hoses
>>
>>33397166
everyone knows all religions are terrorists, its not just muslims. plenty of buddhists go on truck rampages too you know. let them in for crying out loud, they are fleeing a warzone. BE PROGRESSIVE. stop with your ignorant hate, trumpette
>>
File: nigaaa.png (295KB, 300x424px)
nigaaa.png
295KB, 300x424px
>>33397112
>that fucking pole that smashes that dude
>>
>>33396000

>Not taking a headshot once the fucker is down to end the situation.
>>
Would RPO launchers or KBP MGK stop soft vehicles quickly?
>>
File: terrorism list.png (369KB, 1544x3100px)
terrorism list.png
369KB, 1544x3100px
>>33397225

>All religions are terrorists

Go be an ignorant cunt somewhere else, Achmed.
>>
>>33396182
holy fuck
>>
>>33397112

This happens like eight times a day in China
They're the best equipped to deal with it
We must close the truck attack gap
>>
>>33397225
I saw someone commenting on some news article the other day actually claiming that all the terrorist attacks in the US are performed by Christian terrorists.

It's weird the lengths people will stretch reality to to fit their beliefs.
>>
>>33397566
Did you even read his post?
>>
File: asian driver.webm (1MB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
asian driver.webm
1MB, 600x480px
>>33397644
Why does it happen so often in China?
>>
>>33397566
>maoism
>>
>>33395755
is it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8NkBgXiyfM

cold shit, man.
>>
>>33396182
Look at how enriching the migrants are! There never were truck attacks and bombings in Europe after the IRA stopped being cunts. Now we have them every month!
>>
>>33397881
>that woman who just kind of jogs to cover
And this happens a lot in the US, just that we don't have a lot of dashcams.
>>
>>33397166
My kid was there before the attack. Why the fuck did I greenlight a Europe trip not even 1 year after the Brussels attack?
>>
>>33397881
Are the brake and windshield wipers next to each other in asia?
>>
>>33397972

You can be forgiven. At least your kid will get to see Europe before it is destroyed.
>>
>>33397112
Holy shit that guy on the bike got fucking combo'd
>>
>>33397881
GTA irl
>>
>>33395704

Explosive Reactive Body Armor.

You're dead no matter what you shoot due to sheer momentum, but at least that way you'll stop the truck as it rolls over you.
>>
>>33396170
Coming soon to a Muslim-colonized American city near you -- oh wait. It already has, over and over.
>>
>>33396582
Yeah no.

1. Frag-12's kinda suck in all but close-range anti-personnel roles
2. There's a reason autocannons, HMG's, and MGL's have been so prevalent with US armed forces for literally 70 years.
>>
I want common sense truck laws.
>>
>>33397959
>and this happens a lot in the US
All of 6 times since the invention of the car, so...no faggot.
>>
>>33398364
>vehicular manslaughter happened only 6 times
cool beans
>>
>>33397693
His Post: "All religions are terrorist" without sources.
>>
>>33398350
Just follow this handy chart
>>
>>33398410
literally the next sentence exposes this as sarcasm.
>>
>>33397917
>is it this

How often do you seriously think this exact scenario occurs, let alone caught on tape? Goddamn.
>>
>>33398483
Isrealies and bulldozer shenanigans are rather common.
>>
>>33395704
Anything chambered in .45 ACP will blow a hole right through the engine block no problem
>>
File: 1471726715428.jpg (127KB, 553x786px)
1471726715428.jpg
127KB, 553x786px
>>33397566
>Chechen Separatists
#Cpaбaтывaeт
>>
>>33395969
Yeah, in that split second you have to realise the situation and react you have absolutely enough time to try and shoot the tires and then - after that fails - the driver.

If it was that easy to evade a amok driver they wouldn't be able to hit anyone.

This hole threat is bullshit, even as a theoretical one. "Ooooh, I have a gun, I can totally stop a car speeding through crowded places." - If that was the case you can just position a single cop with rifle on top of some building and noone would be afraid of those fuckers. Bloody mall ninja bullshit in here.
>>
>>33397917
Meh, not to bad when you find out the guy just got done killing 3 people.

Some times rabid animals need to be put down. No edge, just the truth. The cop (guy? Plain clothes at least) did what needed doing.
>>
>>33397566
Ya missed two, the Kunming attack and the Palestinian bus attack!
>>
Boltgun in .375 H&H. Most Europeans can have that, right?

Right?
>>
>>33397881
For the benefit of anyone who cares, the text says something like "Follow Lu'an Police" and "Follow@Lu'an Police Online".

Lu'an is a poor prefecture of 5mil with about 1.6mil in the city in Anhui province, which is the second poorest province in China I think. Anhui is a depressed area and generally the source of a lot of scams, pickpockets and other petty crimes in other cities in China.

I'd guess that was a brake failure, probably. Truck drivers are likely on amphetamines also, they're not paid enough to force them to work long hours but delivery deadlines are a thing everywhere that shit gets delivered. He could also have been fucking with a phone or something, who knows.

Phone use in China while driving is standard, everyone does it.

>>33398364
>All of 6 times since the invention of the car, so...no faggot.
I have no idea what you're referring to. There are only six incidents in the USA of trucks losing control/mechanical failure/asleep at the wheel?
>>
>>33395740
you need a special license to buy a truck in Europe though and they are not easy nor free. .
>>
>>33398716
>If that was the case you can just position a single cop with rifle on top of some building and noone would be afraid of those fuckers
Not disputing your point but you're on to something.

I'd think that a SWAT guy with a .50 AM rifle on a roof is probably part of parade security now. Along with heavy barricades such as the water filled barriers but maybe the bottom 20% is concrete and they just top it up with water. You'd still need a crane to move them like present but they'd probably stop most trucks.
>>
>>33397881
Their brakes fail because they have a cultural aversion to maintenance. They like to buy something and run it until is no longer functional and then throw it out, whether it's a bicycle, an appliance, or a 10 ton truck. They can barely handle getting the oil changed, if a mechanic told them they needed new brake pads they would laugh in his face.
>>
>>33398889
>you need a special license to buy a truck in Europe though and they are not easy nor free. .
All the ones used in attacks have been stolen, sometimes at gunpoint.

Anyone hosting a parade or public event can use a council truck though, civilian government can get trucks trivially enough.
>>
>>33396000
>lol 9mm
>>
>>33397491
He wanted the fuck alive for those nice israeli torture sessions
>>
>>33397112
Wow
I saw that guy on the bike get smash and I dont even fucking cringe.
I just straight up laughed.
WTF is wrong with me
>>
File: odst_virg.png (19KB, 747x747px) Image search: [Google]
odst_virg.png
19KB, 747x747px
>>33395704
Fear not citizen, New Mombosa city grids incorporate multiple traffic blocking devices -- at the split second sign of trouble, they'd be employed to stop escaped zoo animals.
Have a nice day!
>>
File: k a magical place.jpg (1MB, 1600x1205px) Image search: [Google]
k a magical place.jpg
1MB, 1600x1205px
>>33398917
We're a bad influence.
>>
>>33396404
you would be arrested and charged with terroristic threats if you tried to carry a gun outdoors in the UK.

If you managed to not get caught by the cops before you stopped a Muslim from killing people with it you would be charged with murder or attempted murder if they lived, racism, hate crimes and crimes against humanity / genocide.
>>
>>33395704

the only thing that will stop a car or truck dead in its tracks is a cannon of some sort. I dont mean 20mm although that will likely disable the engine in one hit I mean like a 120mm tank cannon shooting HE rounds or an RPG.

any man portable firearm will disable a vehicle.... eventually; with a hit to the radiator. few will reliably kill the engine immediately and none will stop it in its tracks.
>>
>>33398716
Who says you have to shoot both? If the wheels are highly exposed, if the vehicle is high slung, you'd have to shoot for that, if there is a crowd that would cause shooting at the wheels to be likely to hit people, you'd by default want to shoot at the driver, even if you can't hit him, putting a whole ton of cracks in the windshield would likely get in his view enough to seriously impede his efficiency.
>>
>>33397566
>90% of violent events were committed by people from countries in the midst of war and/or extreme civil unrest
really gets the neurons going
>>
>>33397112
Mg42 with k bullets. Or maybe a tankgewehr.
>>
>>33397112
>that dude getting hammer of dawned by the sign
Holy shit I'm glad I don't live in retard counties.
>>
>>33399183
You're one suburban soccer mom or clown car full of spics from that, m8.
>>
>>33399207
I try my best to be a defensive driver and I drive a Tahoe in the hopes if a dumbass in a sedan hits me my extra mass will kill them deader than me.
>>
>>33399217
If you walk anywhere you're not safe. Had a cousin who was T-boned by a gravel truck that ran a red in his F100. Nothing left of the driver's side.
>>
>>33395704
Carl Gustav M2
>>
>>33396145
This scene always makes my dick tingle.
>>
>>33398307
Here in burgerland, our terrorists use guns like civilized people do, you are thinking of the european caliphate.
>>
>>33399236
Ouch, yeah, almost got hit by a car crossing the street from my house because people can't into eyes and want to be sanic fast in their beaner-mobiles.
>>
>>33396146
There is no restrictions on caliber in the UK, so you could shoot it with a 20mm.
>>
>>33398902
>They like to buy something and run it until is no longer functional and then throw it out, whether it's a bicycle, an appliance, or a 10 ton truck
That is the opposite of true.

In China, old shit gets repaired and jury-rigged forever. Any random suburb has guys on the street corner fixing ancient bikes that should be scrapped. Old trucks are repaired repeatedly. The reason they fail is that half the repairs are done by shadetree mechanics and even the repairs are put off for as long as possible anyway.

Chinese have a "It'll be fine" attitude and tolerate much higher levels of malfunction than the west usually does, a lot of shit gets half-arsed for that reason.
>>
>>33398913
>He wanted the fuck alive for those nice israeli torture sessions
Mossad doesn't torture. Not out of moral outrage but because they just don't think it works well enough. It also creates more enemies afterwards too of course.

They prefer soft interrogations and bribes because you get people to come around eventually if you're not acting like cartoon-tier villains and afterwards you can keep them on as an informant.

>>33399134
Not to mention all the straight-up ethnic rivalries/resistance listed as islamic terrorism. All the Uighar stuff is just anti-Han colonisation, the religions are more or less a coincidence useful to both sides.
>>
>>33395704
MK19, HEDP belts exclusively. preferably a few MK19s and maybe an M2 to suppress further.
>>
>>33398889
No you don't. You'll need a specific driving license to legally drive one on the streets, not to own one.
>>
>>33397166
Four dead
>>
You can't stop a truck with any EU legal firearm. Not to mention you don't have the right nor the room on your person to carry the needed weaponry on the streets.
The only thing you can do are preventive actions : ban muslim immigrants and refugees from entering your country, ban islam itself, tear down mosquees, beat muslims up on the streets and make them feel so unwelcome they'll flee for their life.
So yeah, not going to happen, especially since every single politician is doing the complete opposite. Better get used to those attacks as they'll become a daily occurence. As the muslim mayor of London said : "terrorism is part of living in a big city" and as Erdogan said "european people are never going to be safe on the streets wherever they are"
>>
File: NQXQ7RV.jpg (55KB, 627x663px) Image search: [Google]
NQXQ7RV.jpg
55KB, 627x663px
Islam is a blight
>>
File: 1474937395100.jpg (35KB, 500x667px)
1474937395100.jpg
35KB, 500x667px
>>33397184
Holy shit, the one on the left. That's some fucking final destination shit right there.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.