[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm traveling this summer from Texas to the UK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0117.jpg (138KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.jpg
138KB, 570x300px
Hey guys, I'm traveling this summer from Texas to the UK and Italy and while I'm excited for the trip, I haven't gone or traveled anywhere unarmed in over 10 years. Any knowledge or suggestions on whether or not it's legal to carry/bring at lease a knife into those countries, and if so what kind?
>>
>>33393277

Is it that hard to just Google the laws of those countries themselves?

Anyways everytime I go to Mexico I carry, as illegal as it is.
>>
>>33393448

So you go to someone else's country and break their laws?
>>
>>33393277
In the UK at least, the answer is basically no. No locking knives, anyway.

For srs tho, just Google shit
>>
>>33393448
As a mexican, and regardless of the fact that you're breaking my country's laws, if you get caught with it by someone other than the police or the military (you know who I mean) who carries guns, you will probably be tortured and killed because you can be confused by one of those white supremacists gang members who work in cahoots with one or the other drug cartels who smuggle drugs into your country.
>>
>>33393277
not really. should look it up yourself. pretty sure the UK atleast has some intent based weapons laws.

EX. Have roll of quarters in pocket or good ole razor blade pressed into the heel of your shoe. use it to fuck up would be rapist/murderer. get charged because you were probably carrying it to use as a "weapon"
>>
File: inner city defense pencil.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
inner city defense pencil.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
>>33393277
>>
File: comtech_stinger.jpg (39KB, 620x480px) Image search: [Google]
comtech_stinger.jpg
39KB, 620x480px
or something like this, probably less illegal and you could get it on a plane
>>
>>33393927
>get it on a plane
That's the biggest question.

What can I get on the plane and through customs? Could I check a firearm and just CC illegally in Europe?
>>
>>33394249
When I went to the UK, I had a couple knives in my checked luggage.

No one gives a shit about the checked luggage. If you are really paranoid, wrap it in a metal foil to cover the outline on x-ray.

I carried a 4 inch blade on me at all times the whole time I was there, just be sure that it can't fall out of your pocket and do not use the clip on it. I really doubt that shit is so bad that everyone would sperg the fuck out at the sight of a knife, but you never know who you are around.
>>
>>33394289
Ameribro? That's reassuring. I've been thinking about a backpacking trip through europe and had resigned myself to bringing a maglite, smiley (bandana+padlock), and a couple sturdy pens.

But if I can sneak my folder in I'll be happy...
>>
>>33394249
>tourist buying illegal firearm
enjoy being robbed and murdered
>>
>>33394364
Yeah, I'm an American. As long as it is subtle, no one cares. And as long as you aren't going anywhere that requires your stuff to be scanned, no one cares.

My friend on that trip had a bag with two aluminum bars for back support. Even with two very decent whacking sticks easily accessible in his bag, they let him take that as carry on from the British side. Not a single person cared about it on the American side. TSA/Border Force do not give a shit if you have something like that.
>>33394249
Don't do that shit. In my entire trip, staying at a 15 buck a night hostel in the shittiest possible side of town, I never had a problem or even encountered any individual that looked ready to do some mugging. Staying aware and looking like you are aware of your surroundings makes it less likely that you will be mugged. Just keep your head up and don't look like a gullible sperg and everything will be ok.

>be me
>be in DC
>in shady part of town looking for the stairs they used in The Exorcist
>see guy that looks shadier than the east end of a building at 18:00
>say hi and how are you to him
>he replies kindly and I go about my goddamn business

Confidence counts for something.
>>
File: French knife.jpg (135KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
French knife.jpg
135KB, 500x392px
>>33394249
>What can I get on the plane and through customs?

Don't even bother, just buy a knife when you get to wherever and give to somebody when you leave.
>>
>>33393277
I thought for a second that you said you were a time traveling Texan. It is fun not being able to read.
>>
File: 1490147599669.gif (1MB, 412x384px) Image search: [Google]
1490147599669.gif
1MB, 412x384px
>>33393448
>Willfully doing high-risk very illegal things in Mexico as a foreigner.
>>
>>33394591
How did you get an AK?
>>
>>33394599
Hang up and dial again, ghost rider.
>>
>>33393487
WTF Mexico seems such a shithole wtf, like, even in Brazil's Rio seems far more safer.
>>
Unfortunate britbong here.

We are faggots.

basic limit for carry is 3" blade NON Lockable and you still need a reason for having it. Cops here are reasonable but if you are nicked in a fight outside a pub and you say you carry your knife to whittle spoons, they'll take it off you.

You can have any size knife so long as it isn't ready to draw. I.e. In a larger rucksack. It really is down to the rozzers interpretation.

In my experience it is easy to avoid the police (I dont mean jumping across rooftops just not being a dick) so carrying a large knife is fine.

There really is no substitute for situational awareness and a nice carabiner over your knuckles though.

Knives attract attention.

just don't be where you don't want to be when you don't want to be there.
If you are punch the closest one in his fucking face and run.
>>
File: 1474280475244.jpg (255KB, 980x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1474280475244.jpg
255KB, 980x1111px
>>33393277

> going to Europe

I've got bad news for you, Texasbro. Europe is dead.
>>
>>33393448
>Go not another nation, break law
I bet you even complained about illegals breaking our laws anon
>>
>>33394639
Jesus fuck. I knew Garrison was extreme to another degree, but never that dark. Jesus.
>>
>>33394666
The infamous former IRA commander and white supremacist Ben "Pulling the Trigger on every Nigger" Garrison is a very talented illustrator.
>>
>>33394639
Not dead. Just in a curious slough of despond
>>
>>33394666

Nice Satan trips.

And yeah... it's dark. Dark and 100% correct.
>>
>>33394680

For a millennium and a half, Muslims have dreamt of invading Europe. Merkel and her gang have done what no Muslim army ever could have. Europe is dead and will never rise again.
>>
>>33394666
fairly sure that's a /pol/ "original"

>>33393277
do as the locals do, avoid anything that's two sades darker/browner than you if you can and don't go to their more concentrated areas, so the moment you start seeing halal butchers and shit like that consider going the other direction.
most bad shit (terrorism aside) also happens after dark.
So just the same as going to any nigger infected downtown area in the USA. Heck I survived two days in detroit as a pale as fuck guy with more tells of portable wealth than is good for me (before I learned) so you should be fine.
Just don't start about being 1/123 sicilian or some dumb shit like that. you are american and will be treated as such.
>>
>>33394704
purge soon fellow stalker
>>
>>33394743

With what? Fucking spoons?
>>
>>33394704
Invading Europe? Fuck you on about? You treat it like it's a real place, like it's all the same country.

You're projecting your problems on to others. We ain't you. We ain't the same as you.
>>
>>33393277
Don't carry anything in the UK.
Use common sense and stay away from anywhere that looks like detroit, but with ninjas instead of Jamal's.
As for Italy, don't be surprized to see military vehicles rapidly reversing.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.