[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a "proper method" to create a barricade using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1488123413355.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488123413355.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
Is there a "proper method" to create a barricade using abandoned or destroyed cars?
>>
>>33389637
Good luck moving them with the tranny engaged

Also, "horizontally" is a good bet
>>
>>33389637
If you have enough and can afford it, you wanna arrange them so that the engine blocks are providing you with cover instead of the doors and main body.
Failing that, be sure to stick sandbags/bits of things inside.
The main issue is that the doors arent guaranteed to be thick enough to stop some rounds you'll encounter; the engine is. Also obviously don't pick a truck that's lifted 3 feet off the ground
>>
>>33389671
>>33389668
Thanks, fellas.
>>
>>33389668
>Good luck moving them with the tranny engaged
Steal a forklift from the nearest warehouse.
>>
Way too much dead space and not enough tough material. If you can make them more dense ala compactor go for it otherwise cars are concealment and physical barriers, not cover.
>>
>>33389992
Physical barrier is what I was going for. Thanks, though.
>>
>>33390009
Oh, well in that case flip em on their side.
>>
You can also dig little ditches and partially bury the cars, filling the vehicles with dirt. This will make it considerably more difficult to move the vehicle, and it helps convert the vehicle into harder cover.

You can also elect to dig trenches underneath the vehicles to be used as housing, or for other uses.
>>
It might also be valuable to remove the tires and to position them about a hundred or more meters ahead of your position. Those tires can be lit on fire in order to provide additional visual cover should you find yourself being approached by a larger force.

Additionally, be sure to salvage all of the side and rear mirrors that you can find. They can be mounted as ad-hoc periscopes, and can be used to visually disorient attackers should they elect to assault with the sun at their backs.
>>
>>33389637

Pounding long pieces of rebar into asphalt is actually not THAT difficult. I would personally park them horizontally with another car in the "gap" of the first two then chain them together. Make it so a tow truck or bulldozer needs to move three cars instead of one. Pound rebar or other steel into the ground in front and back so it won't roll at all. The make a sort of palisade wall of steel facing out and other rebar making a "ramp" up the cars so a large truck or bulldozer might get stuck with its body up in the air and snagged on steel. Snake concertina or barbed wire on the whole front end so advancing people can't use your own barricade as cover.

Fill the cars with sandbags or gravel to create a solid barricade that can stop bullets.

If you wanna get fancy create hardened foxholes out to the side to create a kill zone putting any sort of engineering vehicle into enfilade fire, pounding it's probably weaker sides.

Turbo fancy dig a massive ditch in front of the barricade. Of you had basic constriction equipment it would be doable.
>>
This is all fantastic information far and away beyond what I expected. Thanks a ton.
>>
It goes without saying that you should also siphon gasoline and drain oil from each of the cars that you intend to use for the barricade.

It'll also be worthwhile to collect car batteries. If possible, reserve one car and use it as a generator. This should be a common car, one that you have more than one of in your collection. Salvage from your spares things like spark plugs and hoses, but nothing that can't be put back easily (should you chose to swap the vehicles).

With jumper cables, you can run your batteries in a series and charge them.

If you have a significant amount of spare wire, you can salvage headlights and post them several meters ahead of your position, facing outwards. At night, these forward lights can be used to illuminate approaching threats without giving away your exact position.
>>
I'd imagine you could easily crush the roofs of the cabins down with either of the buckets on a backhoe. This would make up for the height difference between sedans an suv/vans for a more uniform size.
>>
>>33389637
bullets go through cars
only the engine block will protect you
>>
TM 3-34.85
>>
This is a great thread so far.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.