[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I sent the below to American Airlines for putting the red tag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: luggage Anon.jpg (806KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
luggage Anon.jpg
806KB, 1536x2048px
I sent the below to American Airlines for putting the red tag in pic related on my luggage. Just wonder how much of a spaz I'm being or if I should keep making an issue out of it?

>You violate the following law:
>18 U.S.C. ยง 922 (2011)
>"No common or contract carrier shall require or cause any label, tag, or other written notice to be placed on >the outside of any package, luggage, or other container that such package, luggage, or other container >contains a firearm."

>A tag was placed on my luggage for the singular reason that it contained a firearm and it was clearly stated >that the only reason the tag is used in practice is for bags containing a firearm. The tag placed on my bag >served as a notice to all airline employees and baggage handlers that the bag contains a firearm; a serious >violation of my rights under the law.
>This is my 3rd attempt at contacting American Airlines for a resolution to this matter.

>Thanks,
>>
>>33389609
Good work anon. Shit slips through the cracks all the time. Good on you for noticing.
>>
Unless you're a lawyer yourself while to kill some time pursuing this, you won't get an answer. If you file a suit they have teams on lawyers on stand by to take you up on it.

Sucks, but good job anon.
>>
>>33389609
Does this apply to any and all flights in the US?

I'd take it up with a lawyer. Find one with free consultations and see if damages are worthy of a trial.
>>
>>33389674
>see if damages are worthy of a trial.
Being butthurt != damages

Nobody likes people trying to prevent problems, if someone stole the bag, and took the gun, you would have damages and a good case

Nobody cares about actually preventing problems though.
>>
>>33389780
Op here, my main concern was a layover in Chicago and secondarily, a baggage handler committing theft. The more I thought about it, the more butt hurt I became.
Maybe they'll get charged by a lawyer to review it or maybe they'll change their policy, idk.
>>
>>33389609
OH SHIT SON YOU FLEW OUT OF O'HARE WHERE YOU FROM MAH NIGGA?
>>
>>33389881
Lawyer here. First off it's ILLEGAL for a baggage handler to commit theft. That shouldn't be a concern. Also laws don't apply to airlines, enacting flight laws and bird laws to businesses that operate 500 metric feet or more off the US soil. That is why they have the TSA as their own law enforcement agency. Once you get near an airplane, normal US laws are in flux.
>>
>>33390068
Shut the fuck up, liar.
>>
>>33389609
>the paracord was already a dead giveaway
>>
>>33390628
It's bright yellow and makes spotting the bag easier. Luggage thieves, ones that "accidentally" pick up the wrong bag, target unmarked black bags mostly. They would be less likely to try that with a brightly marked one.
>>
>>33389609

Who gives a fuck.

As someone who works for an airline and regularly handles baggage that come with firearm or ammunition spur tags, I think you're making a big deal over nothing. Usually when we see spur tags that inform us that a bag has a firearm or ammuniton inside it, we set those bags aside as if they were fragile bags and load them last into the baggage cart. If you're worried about employee theft, you really shouldn't be. There are cameras EVERYWHERE in airports and if AA uses a similar system that we use, the bag is scanned or at least tracked and if it is scanned, it can be tracked back all the way to the baggage agent who handled it. American and Canadian airports are not third world shitholes where employee theft occurs. There are massive fines in place for even opening baggage without a proper reason (vibrating, shaking, unusual heat, etc.)
>>
>>33391090
QUIT BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLES
>>
File: IMG_0453.jpg (72KB, 683x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
72KB, 683x504px
>>33391090
LEAF detected!
>>
>>33391105

The CSA puts the tag on the bag. All I do is load the baggage, friendo. You do realize that no one gives a fuck that you feel violated, right? You're complaining about a massive airline that deals with thousands of complaints yearly. I'm sure their legal team has them protected from every angle, too.
>>
>>33391165
AA is the only airline I've flown on that tags the luggage for firearms. It's illegal, that's why the law specifically states luggage.
>>
>>33391165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g
>>
>>33389609
You should send it to a lawyer instead.
>>
File: 1465404372635.gif (3MB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1465404372635.gif
3MB, 210x210px
>>33390068
>Lawyer here
>laws don't apply to airlines
Derp.
>>
>>33391090

>There are massive fines in place for even opening baggage without a proper reason (vibrating, shaking, unusual heat, etc.)
That's great, but that still doesn't apply to TSA, they do whatever the fuck they want to your baggage when they screen it. I have had small, easily stolen items (knives, coinage, tools, etc) turn up missing numerous times with pic related as a thank you note.
>tfw have at least a hundred of these stacked at home
>>
>>33391574

This is why you fly with a gun. They precheck in front of you, you lock the thing up and they don't even get a key.

If your luggage gets misplaced or stolen, either they find it fast or you get to go on the evening news about how AA is letting criminals get away with Citizen's property and arming drug lords. (None of this is true of course, but it's a much better 7:30 segment.)
>>
>>33391644
That's difficult when my primary area of travel is outside of freedomland
>>
>>33391688

Yea, you're kinda screwed out there. Best you can do is keep a manifest in your bag and a copy on your person.

It won't do anything, but if someone does something egregious, you might be able to get a complaint to stick.
>>
File: PTRKv4s.jpg (966KB, 3206x4275px) Image search: [Google]
PTRKv4s.jpg
966KB, 3206x4275px
>>
>>33391688
put gun and important affair in a case, not a luggage, lock the thing with non-standard TSA lock and duct tape it with industrial tape ( impossible to open without a knife )

if the tape is cut and lock broken, then send everything to the cops as evidence and make a file against AA
>>
>>33389609
If you make a big stink out of it they might give you a free flight or something but they aren't going to pay you a settlement or anything.

You, I and American Airlines all know that if this case went to court and got in the news, the PR would be "omg gun owners can transport firearms without other travelers being aware, and it's BY LAW???"
>>
>>33390068
>>
>>33390068
made me hehe
>>
>>33391801
Personally I enjoyed reading about the metric feet.
>>
>>33391133
This picture makes me unreasonably mad
>>
File: IMG_0452.jpg (132KB, 681x890px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452.jpg
132KB, 681x890px
>>33392279
Feel better
>>
>>33390068
>bird law

shut the fuck up charlie
>>
>>33389780
Fuck off, I've watched enough Law and Order to know you're wrong.
>>
>>33389609
You're also an idiot for traveling with a gun and soft luggage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2VxXkED4Q
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.