[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody ever sell/trade in a rifle at Cabela's? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2904.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2904.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
Anybody ever sell/trade in a rifle at Cabela's?

I want to trade in a levergun for a Tika T3 and I'm wondering if they give anywhere close to a fair trade in value. I'm assuming they rape you pretty bad.

Also, I realize I could get more by selling it myself, but I'm impatient and also kind of lazy.
>>
I traded in an FNX9 that they rated at 95% for $450 at a Cabela's.
>>
>>33384135
Oh god they rape you.
They take you in the back and tie you to this table thing, and leave you there for like an hour. When they come back, they're all wearing black robes with boner holes and are holding black candles. They then take turns savaging your anus time and time again until it's just a bloody windsock. Then they whack you on the head and carry you back out front, set you in a lawn chair for a bit, but the actual trade-in value isn't usually *awful* but does of course tend to hedge in their favor.
>>
>>33384135

Be prepared to be jew. I took in my mk23 (Finish and every thing was perfect, no scratches, only 50 rounds through it) fuckers offered not even 500. Sold it on armslist for much more
>>
>>33384195
Eh, maybe I'll try Bass Pro Shop instead.
>>
>>33384229
They're the same but theyll fish hook you too
>>
>>33384135
Never sell a gun to a gun shop. Period.

They invariably use the "Blue (jew) Book" to rip you off for maximum profit.

What are you getting rid of anon?
>>
>>33384257
Marlin 336 30-30
>>
>>33384263
Yeah. They'll REALLY try to fuck you over if it's something common too.

Which state? Highly doubt it's mine, but 30-30's are cool.
>>
>>33384286
Texas. Yeah, that's what I figured about it being such a common rifle.
>>
>>33384308
Try armslist or whatever local classified adds you've got. No need to get screwed. Just affer up the rifle for a fair price and you should have no problem selling it.
>>
>>33384344
Dammit, I didn't want to fuck with all that it you're probably right.
>>
>>33384135
all gunshops rape you on trade ins only way to avoid this is private party
>>
>>33384308
Where at in Texas?
>>
In Canadian Cabela's (not sure about US) the equation is base value x .80 x condition (.99 .95 .90 etc) this amount is what they will sell for multiply that by .66 and that is the base offer. They can move about $50 but that's it. So for example if the rifle was $500 it would go 500x.8=400 x condition well say 95% =380 this is the list price x .66=250.80 they will offer 225 will take 250 and might go up to 300.
>>
>>33384389
if youre a member, ar15 is a good place to sell things. just put "FTF transaction only" if you dont feel like shipping
>>
File: IMG_0023.gif (2MB, 313x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.gif
2MB, 313x240px
>>33384195
>boner holes
>>
>>33384257

you can use this in your favor too.

>once sold a shitty mismatch broomhandle c96 to a DEALER for $1500 because the blue book told him it was some rare variant when it wasn't.

Oh, and blue books list SKS's but some say to add $100 if it has an extended magazine. They're talking about the chinese star 20 rounders but most gun stores don't realize this. A cheap $10 duckbill installed on an SKS and they'll pay you an extra $100...
>>
>>33385413
Damn. Quality info here. Thanks.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.