[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats better a m1a, sa58, or ar10? I'm looking to get a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: --.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
--.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Whats better a m1a, sa58, or ar10? I'm looking to get a all purpose (Larping, hunting, SHTF) 308 battle rifle sub 1500$usd. What would you guys recommend? Don't mention the PTR; I want to get into reloading and PTR's chew brass.
>>
>>33383052
> Reloading

How much is a FAL with a rail over the top so you can attach a brass catcher?
>>
>>33383052
AR-10 is best, but you might enjoy another more.
>>
>>33383117
999$ for a century arms sa58 and 80$ for the rail.
>>
>>33383179
That's a bold statement. Want to give me some reason?
>>
>>33383179
>best
An AR-10 is NOT an AR-15.
Yes they can be accurized.
Yes there's more customizeability than some other patterns of rifle.

BUT.

The sheer level of AR-15 stuff doesn't really carry over due to the fact that there are several different standards with the AR-10 series of rifles.

And you're dang right something else is probably more fun.
>>33384069
Get an FAL and a rail and buy some fun surplus furniture for it.

It'll be fun and it'll also be practical.
>>
>>33384069
Different anon, depending on your use cases, rotating bolt, ease of replacing a 6lbs trigger, and weighing less than 9lbs unloaded.
>>
>>33384116
Fire control groups mostly do, stocks will with a $50 buffer, grips do, generally handguards won't.
>>
>>33384116
I don't really care about novelty, so I'll go with ar10 I then. I'll pick up a Spanish Mauser in the future for fun or something like that.

How big of a difference does barrel length on a 308 make. I never plan on pushing this gun past 600yrds, so this isn't going to be a long range 308. [spoiler]I just went with the 308 due to the fact that 5.56 is a .22 on crack, and a 7.62x39 has the range of a football.[/spoiler]
>>
>>33384116
Tilting bolt design of the FAL is objectively inferior to multilug rotating design in ar pattern rifles.
>>
>>33383052
Hk91 style guns "chew" brass, but they are still reloadable. They just don't last as long and dont look pretty.

That being said, AR10 is your best bet. FAL is cool and all, but a lot aren't made very well from what I've gathered, and the accuracy will never compare to an AR10 at the same price point
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.