[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a medic the easiest profession in the military /k/ >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Is a medic the easiest profession in the military /k/
>inb4 god loves medics
>>
>>33382198
My grandpapy was a medic in the 2nd wave on Omaha Beach.
To this day, he says nothing about it except that it was the worst day of his life.
>>
>>33382198
Hardly, at least when I was in the following applied:

>Carry an extra 50 to 60 pounds of medical gear
>Can only defend at close ranges
>Marine Corps integration
>Constantly shit on for not being Marine Corps
>Constantly praised for "muh Doc"
>Have to maintain 400 uniforms
>>
>>33382198
>>33382211
Seriously, easy? I guess if you find traumatic situations where how you do could mean life or death for one of your buddy's "easy"
>>
>>33382198
Fuck no. Not only are you kept to infantry standards and stuck in the thick of exchanges, but you have the added responsibility/pressure of treating your friends/brothers and saving their lives when necessary.

As the other anon mentioned, you also have a big work load in garrison treating every enlisted retard's medical issues and minor injuries as well as hauling around a shit load of extra kit out on patrols or in the field.

The logistics folks I knew had the easiest gigs in the military, depending how you define easy. Cooks are up there too. Not that they didn't do work, but their jobs are cushy compared to squatting in the dirt and getting shot at.
>>
File: IMG_3880.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3880.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33382198
No, you're thinking of S1.

t. Doc
>>
>>33382230
You forgot looking at dicks.
>>
What kind of stuff do they teach you at SF medic school?
>>
>>33382506
Everything short of major surgery and advanced medicine. SF medics are better than most third world doctors. Truly skilled and valuable dudes to have around.
>>
File: IMG_3887.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3887.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33382506
When you say "SF medic School" do you want to know about the med section of Q or Whiskey 1?
>>
>>33382490
indeed I did. I never understood why Marines thought it was funny to pull their dicks out all the time.
>>
>>33382198

No. Among other things, its one of the professions that requires actual intelligence to do your job.
>>
File: hurtgen.jpg (518KB, 1005x1243px) Image search: [Google]
hurtgen.jpg
518KB, 1005x1243px
>>33382198
Maybe during truces.
>>
>>33384996
You know how dogs pant to cool off? Yeah, marines pull their dick out to air cool their brain.
>>
>>33382506
I don't know but your MOS training for 18D is like 50 weeks, atleast twice as long as the other 18X MOSs. Very few graduate.
>>
>>33382693
Why not both anon?
>>
>>33382198
If they get stuck with line units no. It's like an infantryman basically with a big ass bag. You'll generally be exempt from guard detail or other random details tho so that's a plus
>>
I was k9 but I have a corpsman I grew up with and an army medic I met in ptsd mandatory crazy class. Both were by far the most fucked up individuals I have met. This was with infantry, EOD, and even some security forces guys that had been blown up and or killed people.

The medics were all the most deeply affected emotionally. The only other that came close was an air force EOD tech that lost his entire squad in one day. He also had two purple hearts. Another was a 21 year old air force security forces kid that also been blown up, got a purple heart, still continued with his deployment and had to run some kids over later down the line after his second ied took out another hummer and he had no choice but to push through.
>>
>>33385383
How did the EOD tech lose his entire squad?
>>
>>33385404
Ambushed on the side of a mountain while defusing and the ied went off in the middle of it. He said his TSgt got hit in the face and the way he rag dolled down the hill he immediately knew he was dead.

Some of them survived the encounter but had to go back out the same day and the rest bought it too.

I don't remember details we were in a place called "haven for war heroes" basically an inpatient ptsd clinic. You had to have been in combat to go when I went. That was in 2013 and I've just recovered from drinking a fifth everyday for four years and my heads fucked from TBI/screwing it up more with booze.

I don't know if it was TBI but he looked dead emotionally. Really dead pan when he talked. I met his wife and she said he is the opposite of the father/husband he used to be.
>>
>>33385515
To tag onto this most of us are somewhat functioning citizens. The medic though hurts my heart. He is an emotional wreck and has two young kids. His wife has stood by him and he either stays in bed all day or wood works to keep his mind busy. He used to drink like I did but quit with the help of his wife/support network. When I call him he just sounds like a shattered man in his voice. I try not to cry while on the phone so he won't hear it but I do at times.
>>
>>33382693
Tell me about SOCM senpai
>>
>>33385219
kek'd softly.

>>33385383
It's hard trying to save someone you know and not being able to. Most of the time you wouldn't find out until word came back from BAS or wherever they were evac'd to.
>>
>>33385732
>>33385732
They make us tell the experiences you didn't want to talk about there. His had something to do with iraqi kids and getting blood in his eyes and all over his uniform while trying vain to save the already dead kid.

Another did a hard knock and a 12 year old shot him in the front plate and he had to kill him. Said he respected the kid more than anyone else because he had the balls to protect his family. He was an infantryman attached to cag. He wasn't spec ops he was just attached to them randomly and not by any merit of his own.

The kids is what affects most, most of us were NCO's with children of our own so that shit kind of fucks with you more than the average 20 year old that thinks it's a respect thing he's killed somebody.
>>
>>33382198
What is the actual easiest mos?

What is the coolest MOS?

What is the most badass MOS?
>>
>>33386434
1. 92s https://www.google.com/url?q=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DEahwPRBsusM&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi2oNTJounSAhVB1oMKHR6aABEQtwIIEzAB&sig2=TKXH8WuvhutWL--b6ITA1w&usg=AFQjCNG3PiQCc-AZu2v1nELqEK7JT3GSDQ

2. Hands down k9 is the coolest and bad ass mos. 31k
>>
>>33382198
>medic
>easiest
>not knowing there are tech jobs where you literally just update java all day

look more in to what th military is
>>
File: Unusual tactics.webm (3MB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
Unusual tactics.webm
3MB, 1920x804px
>>33382230
Well this guy could carry a torso in one hand and a BAR in the other, so I guess men were stronger back then and weight wasn't really an issue.

BTW, was this retarded or awesome? I can't really decide.
>>
>>33387858
I was digging the movie until this scene.
>>
>>33385103
See this is civilized combat.
>medics only care about saving lives.
>enemy medics, friendly medics, a human body is a body.
>gooks, mudslimes don't care.
That bullshit should be dealt with.
>hurr we wear no uniforms!
Shell village to the ground.
>hurr we use IED's!
Shoot anyone on the road.
>>
>>33387870
My main gripe with the film was how that guy seemed to have bottomless magazines and would fire his BAR for extended periods with no reloads. The thing only has 20 rounds in real life.
>>
>>33387973
I can overlook infinity mags, but using a torso as a shield was over the top for me. There are very few movies that actually get round counts right and I find it entertaining to count them down and see how many over they go.
>>
>>33388012
>but using a torso as a shield was over the top for me
I haven't even seen the movie. I just don't think I'd enjoy it as a corpsman myself. Also using the torso just seems plain disrespectful to those who fought and died pretty horribly in the war.
>>
>>33388114
Are you serious? There's no time for reverence in the middle of a battle. The former owner of the torso would probably be glad that his mortal coil helped protect the life of a fellow solider.
>>
>>33388265
Nah that's not what I mean.
Like if that actually happened its one thing, my beef with it is I would imagine this likely never happened and was put on camera for a shock/edge factor in the movie.

Does that make sense? Sorry if I seem incoherent, I've been up all night and day so I can get used to sleeping during the day again for night shift.
>>
>>33388410
I understand you, but I don't feel the same way. If it happened, it happened. If it didn't, then I'm just seeing an actor carrying a big rubber prop around.
>>
>>33387939
Go back to /pol/ mate, you and me both know this sort of thing never happened during ww2 and if anything the modern chinese and middle eastern armies would treat wounded soldiers because of the Hague and Geneva conventions.
>>
>>33382232
Medics were part of the frontline troops. Also the joke is being a medic is not easy because you can't do a shit job.
>>
>>33382198
If i enlist as 68w what are the odds that i'll have to deal with the muh reens? Also is 68w AIT hard?
>>
>>33388922
I've seen middle eastern soldiers executing wounded enemy soldiers, so no.
>>
>>33389236
>If i enlist as 68w what are the odds that i'll have to deal with the muh reens
Not at all
>Also is 68w AIT hard
No, but have fun saluting like 300 2LT's who are at Fort Sam for Bolc.
t. 2LT
>>
>>33385544
why are people like sensitive like this? Like an honest question, what do you think truly eats at him? Is it the white man's empathy that is destroying their nations worldwide?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.