[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /k/ keep spare parts for there guns? been thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: time to fuck shit up.jpg (148KB, 497x722px) Image search: [Google]
time to fuck shit up.jpg
148KB, 497x722px
does /k/ keep spare parts for there guns? been thinking about buying some extra parts for my vz58, mosin and sks, but adding everything up the cost is expensive.

pic unrelated
>>
>>33379757
>does /k/ keep spare parts for there guns?
No, but it wouldn't hurt to keep a spare gas piston, recoil, and striker spring for your vz. Nothing else is likely to fail, ever.
>>
>>33379848
Until he blows his life's savings on rounds to put through it and he ends up with a smoothbore.
>>
I don't have any spare parts but I do have a copy of my carry gun
>>
I keep spares of extractors and springs for my milsurp, not because any are close to failing but because they're only ever going to get more difficult to source.
>>
>>33380052
This is really the only concern for having spare parts for milsurp or out of production guns.

You should really get serious about having more spare parts for a carry gun or a rifle you use for home defense. I have a German P226 that I'm considering on selling because of the fact that most of the parts are hard to source comapred to a newer production P226.
>>
File: IMG_20170321_185232.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170321_185232.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>33379757
>>33379848

Yes
>>
>>33379757
Yes, extractor and springs - small things that can break off or get lost

The ideal is to have something like "OOPS KIT SPARE PARTS AR15"
>>
>>33379757
This is why every gun I buy, I buy 3 of.
>>
>>33380052
>>33380489
It makes sense

>>33380505
It makes sense too
>>
>>33379757
Extra springs, pins, extractors, and other little bit that wear out, break, etc. Even for common rifles. It's easier to fix something and then wait to find it another spare than it is to wait to find a part to fix your part at a price that isn't extortion.
>>
>>33380098
>noddles
>not even have egg, beef, or something with protein to go with it
lel
>>
Not for everything but the huns I think Ill rely on if there was a war, civil or otherwise.
Also my cz52s I have 12 rollers and 5 or 6 firing pins.
>>
>>33380876
But, but there was TWO hard-boiled eggs!
A truly there was eggs, two eggs! ...please anon, please believe me... please
>>
>>33380954
>two eggs
Less protein than most of those shitty protein bars that are still full of carbs. Fucking sad. You need at least 30 grams of protein per meal and two eggs is less than 15.
>>
>>33379757
when i have the cash i will probably buy a spare extractor for my p83. just buy wear parts. saves you buying them later or not being able to find them or afford them
>>
>>33379757
This is why I have an AR15. It's easy to swap in all different parts and many are easily available. I have several AR15 rifles and all parts are interchangeable.
>>
File: IMG_20170318_103346_1.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_103346_1.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>33380974
And what about the cheese?
>>
>>33381027
Well you're probably fine then. Carry on.
>>
>>33379757

Yes.

I thought everyone did.
>>
>>33380974
Are you some kind of /fit/ nutritional therapists?

>>33381027
Nice Roquefort!
>>
>>33379757
I tried to keep spare parts for my ar. It turned into a second ar. Spare parts for that gun turned into a third. That said ive got replacement springs for my cz cause those fuckers break. 4 recoil springs for my officer 1911 cause those fuckers wear out fast and i should have bought a govt.
>>
>>33381364
>Are you some kind of /fit/ nutritional therapists?
No, just a fat anon trying to lose weight. The easiest thing to cut out and hit your goal macro and calorie intake is to increase the proportion of fats and proteins in lieu of carbohydrates.
>>
>>33381460
*goal macros
>>
Bumping for diet advice
>>
>>33383096
2nd for dieting advice, I eat 2 eggs every morning. What should I eat instead for protein
>>
>>33379757
I keep all sorts of parts around. You use shit and it breaks. Get stuck without a replacement extractor once and you won't again. Those little $2 tackle box trays are what I use.
>>
>>33381364
Right? Wtf are people giving food advice on /k/?
>>
>>33384034
Just eat more eggs. Calculate your caloric mainanance and figure that, at minimum, your macros (by caloric intake) should be something like 30% protein, 40-50% fat (mostly polyunsaturated and monounsatured), and then the last 20-30% carbs, preferably not all sugar or other process shit, just Tuareg rice, noodles, pastas, etc. Personally I aim for 80-100 grams of protein a day as a base and my current goal for maintenance is around 2000 calories since I'm a manlet and pretty inactive. I aim somewhere between 1500-2000 a day since often times you can lose track of a few hundred calories if you're actually cooking so I aim low to start.
>>
>>33379757
I do on a couple of guns I use professionally, not that I expect them to fail but they get a lot of rounds put through them and when you're a couple of hundred km away from home and weeks away from new ones being shipped over- better safe than sorry
Stuff like bolt gas rings, extractors and all the fiddly little extractor springs, roll pins, screws and inserts. Do have spare firing pins, but they're unlikely to ever die, likewise with buffer retainers but they do get beat on pretty hard. Most everything else I can think of off the top of my head is unlikely to ever get fucked up and if it does, bit beyond what we can do in the field.
Just inspect your barrels and chamber walls over time you run the gun and you'll get an idea of when its starting to get a bit so-so or worn. They will wear out eventually, but not something I'd do a field replacement on
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.