[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be carrying concealed pistol >enter Walgreens >alarm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

>be carrying concealed pistol
>enter Walgreens
>alarm goes off at the scanner device that usually sets off when people are stealing shit
>hear "IC4" paged overhead twice
>employees stare at me
>no one says anything to me or approaches me
>same thing happens when I leave

Anyone else had something like this happen? I didn't have any merchandise on me when I entered that would have had a tag or security device on to activate that alarm.

Would a company like that have a weapons detection system? Guess I should also say I was in a town of 20k in the midwest... not tons of crime here...
>>
how would you detect weapons?
>>
>>33372885

Are you retarded?
>>
does your gun happen to have an RFID chip in it?
>>
>>33372885
It wouldn't be a metal detector because that shit would go off non stop. It wouldn't be a plastic detector because it would go off non stop realizing its covered in plastic. So, it must be a gunpowder detector. Yes, a small town no one gives a fuck about in a section of the country no one gives a fuck about they implemented a gunpowder detector in their store. They spent all that money instead of giving money to crack head baby mommas to implement a useless expensive machine in a useless part of the world. Unless OP was lying and being a total faggot. My vote is on the latter.
>>
>>33372885
IC4 means there are 4 people in line and they want someone to run another register to get them out the door.
>>
>>33372885
You set off their faggot alarm.
>>
>>33372970

this
>>
>>33372885
>>33372898
>>33372961
Some metals will set those things off. I use to have a picket knife that I had to quit carrying because it would set them off.
>>
RFID enabled and/or magnetic things can set them off, depending on what kind of security they use. The device that cashiers use to remove the security tags are usually just a strong magnet that burns away an RFID tag.
>>
>>33372970
/thread
>>
>>33373154
>RFID enabled and/or magnetic things can set them off, depending on what kind of security they use. The device that cashiers use to remove the security tags are usually just a strong magnet that burns away an RFID tag.
This guy knows. Depending on the model, RFID tag, or a simple electromagnetic strip will set them off. OP, you didn't happen to have a coil of copper wire or a ferrite bead on you, did you?
>>
File: 1486387153026.jpg (16KB, 365x346px) Image search: [Google]
1486387153026.jpg
16KB, 365x346px
>>33372970
>>
File: rfid-cards-600x300.png (74KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
rfid-cards-600x300.png
74KB, 600x300px
>>33372885
Check your wallet, you've probably got a card that looks like this in it, and time has caused it to regauss.
>>
>>33373154
The magnetic key I use to unlock items on pegs (Like expensive knives) can set off the alarm where I work.
>>
>>33372885
When that alarm goes off, they're supposed to come check your privilege.

White males set it off all the time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.