[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know carrying a pistol gives you a sense of security, but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 16

I know carrying a pistol gives you a sense of security, but it's a false sense of security. If a mugger pulls a gun (or even a knife) on you, it's unlikely that you'll be able draw fast enough to kill him before he kills or at least severely injures you. And open carry is a great way to get killed by someone looking to steal your gun.
>>
>>33372004
fag
>>
>>33372004

Based on your extensive knowledge and experience in being personally involved in gunfights, I imagine...
>>
>>33372004
It is also unlikely you will outrun a bullet

It is unlikely for you to defeat any attacker who slips through your situational awareness

etc.

Action, however, is faster than reaction
>>
>>33372036
Based on common sense. If someone is pointing a gun at you, do you really think you can draw and kill him in less time than it take for him to pull the trigger?

>>33372039
>Action, however, is faster than reaction
Which gives an attacker an inherent advantage. Your attacker, by definition, will always make the first move.
>>
OP is a nogunz fag who assumes that defending yourself requires that you draw. Meanwhile, I pocket carry a J-frame and have practiced firing with it still inside my jacket/pants pocket. If the criminal is engaging me at a distance of 10-15 feet or less, I can guarantee that I will get him first.
>>
>>33372075
>Your attacker, by definition, will always make the first move.
Not always true. If I sense the situation is escalating to a point my gun may be coming out, I will be ready to draw. I almost drew my weapon on someone who was escalating an altercation at my house and he wasn't even supposed to be on the property, refused to leave when order. So I placed my hand near my pistol and lifted my shirt in case I had to draw. Needless to say he immediately left my property the minute it because apparent he was not going to win that battle. Good situational awareness is the way you prevent someone getting the drop on you. As a first responder it's a habit I took on to always keep my head on a swivel.. Scanning every person I come across for cues on body language and shit, watching entrances and looking at everyone who enters etc.
>>
>>33372004
>what is Jeff Coopers color code
>OP can't into situational awareness

Look at this white colored bitch
>>
>>33372004
>it's unlikely that you'll be able draw fast enough to kill him before he kills or at least severely injures you
[citation needed]
>>
>>33372075
I'll take situational awareness for $500, Trebeck?

>Based on common sense
You have so much wise one.
>>
>>33372172
Do you cut holes in your pockets like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duL6LNUUA3k
>>33372212
You brandished a gun at an unarmed man and he left. Of course you won THAT fight. The odds were in your favor. If he had meant to mug you, on the other hand, he could have held you up before you had a chance to reach for your weapon.
>>33372247
>>33372394
Not going to help you when you're staring down the barrel of a gun.
>>33372249
No citation needed. It's common sense that drawing a gun takes longer than pulling the trigger on a gun that's already aimed.
>>
>>33372609
>If he had meant to mug you, on the other hand, he could have held you up before you had a chance to reach for your weapon.
How are you letting someone approach you noticed is my first question? If you have good situation awareness the only way someone is going to sneak up on your is by jumping out at you. Nobody is getting close enough to mug me without me noticing unless they ump out at me from behind a wall.
>>
>>33372710
So you grab your gun every time someone passes you on the street?
>>
>>33372609
Readying to draw is not brandishing. Brandishing would be pulling it out of the holster. Retard.
>>
>>33372723
You exposed your gun to another person in a threatening way, did you not? That's brandishing whether it was in a holster or not. I'm not saying you were wrong for doing it, but that is what you did, is it not?
>>
>>33372719
No but I would notice someone suspicious if they were walking my way and mentally prepare. Are you just fucking blind and can't see when someone who doesn't look right or is acting odd is coming your way?
>>
>>33372737
Per my state law it did not meet the definition.
>>
>>33372075

Fucking FAIL.

Playing the "build a box I can't get out of" game. Ask a yes/no question knowing whatever I answer, I'm screwed...

>So, have you stopped beating your wife yet?

In my 50 years, I have had exactly three occasions where I knew I was targeted... each is very different than the others and each was extremely fluid.

1. Out on a dinner date at a very nice restaurant. The lady and I exit the restaurant and there's a Yoof across the street, leaning against a wall, looking our way.

As we exit, he comes off the wall and starts looking at traffic, like he's wanting to cross...

2. Returning videos to the local video store. Outside the store flanking the doorway on either side are two Yoofs. Return videos and exit the store - Yoofs nowhere to be seen.

As I get to my truck, I hear from behind me: "Skooze me suh, you got da time?"

3. In a grocery store with my then 5-year-old son. We're shopping. I notice yet another early-20's Yoof who makes eye contact and then looks away. I keep seeing this Yoof around the store as we are shopping. Not too close, but not too far... As we check out, Yoof is thumbing thru magazines in the empty checkout lane next to us. We leave by another exit and don't see him.

At the red light, I look in the truck's rearview and the Yoof - plus 3 of his friends - are in the hoopty shit bucket directly behind us. All looking anywhere except at the back of our truck...

Wat do?

Having situational awareness and being able to think on my feet has saved my ass more often than having a sidearm on my hip, but I am Goddamn glad I had one with me each time...

So Anon... wat do? I'm being serious. I gave you the situations I found myself and others in... I really, really want to know what you would have done...
>>
Bitch I can draw my sidearm and fire two shots off in under one tenth of a second, I've trained extensively for the moment any mugger tries to fuck with me. I can't speak for all the other faggots on /k/ who probably cannot even draw their CCW in the time I can have an empty clip.
>>
>>33372774

>Claims to be the reincarnation of Bill Hickock
>sneers at and mocks the rest of /k/
>calls a magazine a "clip"

kys
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 1920x1080px
TRANSITIONAL SPACE

ROBBER ATTACKING FROM AMBUSH

FEIGN COMPLIANCE

HANDS UP, WAIT YOUR TURN

OBSCURE THE DRAW

LAUNCH A COUNTER-AMBUSH

C O V E R Y O U R A S P
>>
>>33372808
If only we could bring back pistol duels like the good ol days. I'd fucking take any of you dorks on. Any day, I could outdraw you and leave you bleeding out in the street like a dog.
>>
>>33372740
Unless he's walking around wearing gang tattoos, it's not going to be obvious if a person is about to rob you. You never know when a person reaching into his pocket is merely reaching for his keys or reaching for a gun. If he pulls a gun, what are the odds that you will be able to pull yours in time?
>>33372754
I really don't care what state law says. I'm only concerned with winning the fight.
>>33372767
>Playing the "build a box I can't get out of" game
That box is called reality. In the real world, muggers don't give you time to reach for your concealed carry piece.

>niggers standing around looking like niggers
I'm really not sure what your point is. If there's a nigger around and you think he's about to rob you, your best bet is to GTFO, which is exactly what it sounds like you did.
>>
>>33372817

>Chest beating hubris
>mocks others for no reason
>shoots self in dick
>called out for fuckup
>More hubris - plus overt threat - to cover self-inflicted dick shot.

Seriously... kill yourself.
>>
>>33372004
That's where you're completely wrong kiddo. The vast majority of criminals will turn tail and run if they see you can defend yourself.
>>
>>33372832
>Unless he's walking around wearing gang tattoos, it's not going to be obvious if a person is about to rob you. You never know when a person reaching into his pocket is merely reaching for his keys or reaching for a gun. If he pulls a gun, what are the odds that you will be able to pull yours in time?
Not really. You're pretty wrong there. You are just bad at reading body language.
>>
>>33372832

>That box is called reality. In the real world, muggers don't give you time to reach for your concealed carry piece.

Avoiding answering, huh?

At which point did I say I drew my sidearm in any of those 3 situations?

I know what I did - I lived it.

I want to know what YOU would have done... you being a subject expert and all...
>>
>>33372841
You won't be talking big when it's you who gets shot in the dick. I could knock out both your testicals in one shot from over 100 yards away. I'd watch myself if I was you.
>>
>>33372832
>Unless he's walking around wearing gang tattoos, it's not going to be obvious if a person is about to rob you. You never know when a person reaching into his pocket is merely reaching for his keys or reaching for a gun. If he pulls a gun, what are the odds that you will be able to pull yours in time?
Also, most people who would be committing a robbery on me where I'm from are going to be high on something. And I can spot a high person a mile away being a firefighter/EMT and dealing with belligerent tweakers daily. Hence why I say it's not hard to spot suspicious people. Most people give away subtle cues before they get ready to attack or try something stupid. Chances are the guy reaching for his keys just looked around a couple times to ensure the coast is clear and probably looks nervous.
>>
>>33372877
Oh, for fuck's sake, just put the name on already. You know you want to.
>>
>>33372877
This is just bad bait at this point.
>>
>>33372877

>More threats from internet Anonfag

Sigh... whatever you think you have to do, friend... don't know if you're on meth, some roid head, some youngster looking for instant respect by laying about with threats, if you're throwing a hook in the water and hoping for a reaction...

Whatever you're after, you won't get it here, friend... but like I said... you do what you think you have to do...

Never interrupt an enemy while he is making a mistake...
>>
>>33372868
>At which point did I say I drew my sidearm in any of those 3 situations?
If I understand your telling of the story, you didn't draw in any of the 3 events. None of those niggers you described actually pulled weapons of their own on you. You were saved not by your gun, but by the fact that you left the area quickly. If anything, this proves my original point.
>>33372894
>Also, most people who would be committing a robbery on me where I'm from are going to be high on something
Quite possibly, but druggies are seldom competent at anything. Depending on your enemy's incompetence is not a good idea.
>>
>>33372925

I gave you half the situation, friend. The steps up to the actual confrontations...

I never said I did or didn't - you're trying to guess what happened and thus get yourself off the hot seat.

Not gonna happen, friend... tell me what you would have done, and then I'll tell you what I did, how each played out...
>>
>>33372952
You're asking me if I would pull a gun on someone in a public place because he looked suspicious? That sounds like a great way to spend the night in the country jail.
>>
>>33372004

HOW TO PROVE OP WRONG:

Step 1: go to live leak

Step 2: watch the thousands of videos of Brazilian security guards and off duty cops killing assailants and muggers.

Step 3: jizz on OP's grave
>>
>>33373039
Link please.
>>
>>33372832

You must be autistic if you can't recognize the body language of a problem
>>
>>33372767

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS NEW MEME WHERE PEOPLE PRETEND TO BE MIDDLE AGED ON 4 CHAN
>>
>>33373079
>I don't have an argument. Better call him autistic.
>>
>what is practicing your quick draw
op is a fag
>>
>>33373039

>step 4: ????
>>
>>33373027

>Continues to squirm in an effort to not answer. Gins up something whole cloth, attributes it to me, then refutes own bullshit.

Sigh...

You'll either tell me what you would have done... or continue to be a shitpickle and vomit up garbage that only reinforces your own bias...

I'm past caring anymore. You've grown boring. If you were genuinely interested in how someone who actually carries every day - has carried for decades, even in other people's countries - handled it, then you'll continue the thought experiment...

Or not... choice is yours.
>>
>>33372609
No, I just use old pants when I practice.
>>
>>33373094

LMAO!

I'm not pretending. I really was born in 1967.
>>
File: 1489209027640.jpg (43KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
1489209027640.jpg
43KB, 500x644px
>>33372004
you're a fucking faggot

get out
>>
>>33372004

There are literally books written with techniques on how to deal with the situations you're describing.

The more important question:

You're making an inferiority argument:

"Drawing a gun on a mugger is the inferior option"

Inferior to what?

What is your alternative?
>>
>>33373101

You literally are autistic if you can't identify facial cues and body language, and you fail the Theory of Mind test if you can't understand how someone else could indeed interpret facial cues and body language
>>
>>33373124
You're asking me what I would have done in those situations? I would have just gone home.
>>33373124
>I'm past caring anymore. You've grown boring.
It's not my job to entertain you.
>>33373142
If you're staring down the barrel of a gun, the only real option is to hand over you wallet. That's the easiest way not to get shot. Trying to pull your own gun would almost certainly get you shot.
>>
>>33373142

That's sort of what I'm after... wanting to know what he would have done. Alternatives. Choices. Thought process.

So far, he has refused to answer. Probably because he has no answer.

I think he has this preconceived notion we're all Dirty Harry wanna-bes looking for an excuse to pinwheel someone...
>>
>>33373157
Reading the expression on a face is one thing, but you are not clairvoyant. You are not going to know just by looking at a person whether he's about to pull a gun on you unless he's extremely incompetent. You're just not.
>>
>>33373142

Furthermore, OP left out distance.

Go to any shooting range and see how many novices can reliably hit a chest sized target.
Most criminals are novices AT BEST.
At worst, they have practiced bad habits.

A draw should take no more than 2 seconds. How many shots can they fire in that time period?

If you start moving and present a moving target, the muggers task becomes exponentially more difficult.

Is OP making the ridiculous argument that a mugger will be 100% accurate every time?
>>
>>33372004
Well then i guess we shoupd just give up and move to sweden. Oh wait im not a massive pussy and im willing to fight someone who is trying to harm me or my loved ones.
>>
>>33373159

>You're asking me what I would have done in those situations? I would have just gone home.

Unfortunately, "just going home" was an impossibility. There WILL be a confrontation whether you stick your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALALA! or not...

>It's not my job to entertain you.

No, it's not. You came here under the auspices of debate - the free exchange of ideas. Which is interesting, if not entertaining.

What you've done, is use "debate" as a fig leaf, hiding behind it and refusing to engage while throwing spit wads at us and reinforcing your own bias...

Which means you are a fraud. You're not looking for debate. Never were. You're just looking to take a giant shit on people. I'd rather you just drop the charade and be honest.
>>
>>33373167
I already told you. If I thought someone looked suspicious, I would leave.
>I think he has this preconceived notion we're all Dirty Harry wanna-bes looking for an excuse to pinwheel someone.
I don't think you're looking for an excuse to shoot someone, but I do think you have delusions of being a tough guy just because you own guns.
>>33373220
>A draw should take no more than 2 seconds. How many shots can they fire in that time period?
I think in two seconds, at least one shot could be fired. That would be enough to kill you.

>Is OP making the ridiculous argument that a mugger will be 100% accurate every time?
No, but if he's close enough to rob you, he's close enough to hit you unless he's a total clutz.
>>33373224
Talk is cheap.
>>33373238
>No, it's not. You came here under the auspices of debate - the free exchange of ideas. Which is interesting, if not entertaining.
Debate is about finding the truth, not entertainment.
>Unfortunately, "just going home" was an impossibility
Why was it impossible? Did someone pull a gun on you or not? Did why couldn't you just get in your car and leave?
>>
>>33372004
>unlikely that you'll be able draw fast enough to kill him before he kills or at least severely injures you

That's just common sense. But you seem to have some misconception that they won't do that anyway and fighting back might minimize your chance of being harmed or killed compared to if you didn't
>>
>>33373205

You seem incredibly sheltered.

There's a thing called "street smarts"

Again. Theory of Mind. Just because you can't perceive or do something doesn't mean others can't.

Have someone perform the Sally Ann Test on you.
>>
>>33372075
The first action isn't pointing a gun at someone, the first "action" is the decision to fire. If you decide to fire first, you can get inside his decision loop, and a modest amount of practice can earn you sufficient speed to have rounds on target before your assailant realizes you've made a move.

From concealment, I can have rounds on target in less than half a second from the moment I touch my shirt to clear the grip.

It'll take an assailant longer than that to recognize that I have taken action.

I've tested this with airsoft, I can beat a friend that's got better reaction times than me almost 100% of the time (and he knows it's coming, a mugger won't).
>>
>>33373205
>Reading the expression on a face is one thing, but you are not clairvoyant. You are not going to know just by looking at a person whether he's about to pull a gun on you unless he's extremely incompetent. You're just not.
These people aren't fucking professional heist planners, they are desperate enough to rob you for potentially only 20 bucks. Stop acting like there is any competence for them to have.
>>
>>33372832
>In the real world, muggers don't give you time to reach for your concealed carry piece.
In the real world, muggers try to coerce compliance with threat of force, they don't just go around killing people as a first resort.
>>
>>33373324
Competent criminals don't do face to face robberies 99% of the time. Being more competent with a firearm is a good way to help yourself. I know I'm more trained with m weapon than my attacker would be with his. I put 700 rounds through my gun a month. He probably hasn't done that many rounds in his gun in total.
>>
>>33373159

"Trust the violent criminal! He would never hurt you if you just give him your stuff!"

Wow.

OP IS literally autistic if he's applying his values and mindset to a theoretical mugger
>>
File: 599.png (196KB, 600x670px) Image search: [Google]
599.png
196KB, 600x670px
>>33373159
>f you're staring down the barrel of a gun, the only real option is to hand over you wallet. That's the easiest way not to get shot. Trying to pull your own gun would almost certainly get you shot.
I'd suggest you test it yourself (you'll need two spring air airsoft pistols), but you need two friends to do that, so I'm sure that's right out for you.
>>
>>33373297
You are staring down the barrel of a gun and have two choices

1. Hand over your wallet. If you do this, he might kill you or he might not, but he probably won't since he would have done that already if he wanted to.

2. Try to pull your own gun. If you do this, he will almost certainly shoot you. You may survive, but your medical bills will certainly exceed the value of whatever money was in your wallet.

Faced between the choice of maybe being shot and almost certainly being shot, it's an easy choice.

>>33373309
>There's a thing called "street smarts"
There's also a thing called wishful thinking, which is exactly what you're doing.

>>33373313
>It'll take an assailant longer than that to recognize that I have taken action.
Are you sure? Would you bet your life on it?

>>33373350
>In the real world, muggers try to coerce compliance with threat of force, they don't just go around killing people as a first resort.
Pointing a gun in your face is a pretty good way to do that.

>>33373361
It's not about trust. It's about the fact that if you pull a gun on someone who's already pointing a gun at you, then you WILL get shot.

>autistic
I know you are, but what am I?
>>
>>33373124
Regardless of the other guy's answer, I'm curious how those ended. I've been in a number of situations where people have decided to start putting their hands on me. I've always had my hands on a knife in my pocket, but waited for them to make the first move.
Luckily it always ended after that, but if a 300lb yoof wants to start a fight with someone whose 5' 120lbs...
>>
>>33373276

>I already told you. If I thought someone looked suspicious, I would leave.

And I already told you - "leaving" unmolested was an impossibility.

You always have alternatives. Drawing down on someone is the last, not to be resorted to except at the utmost end of need... and that need is dictated by the Bad Guys.

It boils down to:

1. Submit
2. Run
3. Fight

And that's pretty much it. Submit - and trusting to the mercy of the Bad Guy? Not likely. Run? What if that's not possible? You're not going to be alone, in shape and wearing track shoes all your life. Fight? Only if I absolutely have to.

>I don't think you're looking for an excuse to shoot someone, but I do think you have delusions of being a tough guy just because you own guns.

So, this is some preconceived dick-waving thing of yours? Masculinity signaling?

No kiddo... I carry a sidearm because I'm not 20 anymore. Because it's not ever going to be a 1v1 fair fight. This is not an episode of television.

Mooks aren't interested in fighting fair, or coming at you head on with advance notice, or even giving you half a chance...

I'll let you in on what happened, if only to put an end to this.

1. Yoof looks to cross the street. He's watching us. He's maybe 100 feet away? Hardly a threat. To me, that means he had friends...

Look left, look right. Yep - one Yoof left, one Yoof right. Both looking right at us and heading our way.

What I did was grab my lady friend, and told her to run when I said to.

Walked right at the left Yoof - because our ride was on the other side of him - and when we got close, he tried the "Skuze me suh, you got the time?" standard delaying tactic.

He got as far as "Sk-". I put my hand in his face and shoved - hard - towards a parked car. Where the head goes, the body follows. We ran like hell for the car and made it out in one piece...
>>
>>33373276

Again, Spergo, if you'd ever fired a gun, you'd know that "close enough to rob" means nothing.
>>
>>33372004
>this one scenario where you are at an extreme disadvantage of carrying a gun means you should never carry a gun!
Obviously not a biased thread, OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eXMSJYwB7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CANNfCTBgw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Ovb5T68oQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnanh9U7gbY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyskA5uy0_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V88k2iaL0Fw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjP18f9yJGE
>>
>>33373410
>Are you sure? Would you bet your life on it?
Yes, yes.

>Pointing a gun in your face is a pretty good way to do that.
It is, until you try to rob someone who isn't going to trust your good nature and mercy, and they kill you for it.

Several times a year the citizens defence column in the National Rifleman magazine carries a story of someone who kill an assailant by drawing from concealment despite having a gun pointed in their face.

When you hand over your wallet and he decides you don't have enough, and he demands you lay face down while he checks to make sure you aren't holding anything back, what are you gonna do when he finds your gun?
>>
>>33373491
Another one with the robber already having a gun drawn and still gets killed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OueJZnT-z0
>>
>>33373276

2. Video Rental Yoofs. I hear the standard "Skuze me suh.." from behind me.

I opened the truck door all the way and put it between me and him. Nowhere really to go given the parking lot layout and where I was parked - so I put my hand on the Walther PPK in my right jeans jacket pocket.

And I let him see me do it.

I thumbed the hammer back nice and hard, so it made a nice loud "Click! Click!", and then pointed it at him thru my jeans jacket...

He looks at me - Yoof #2 is behind him - and says "Yeah.. okay... I guess later on".

"I guess so."

They walk off - not even a backwards glance.

And that was that. When they were gone, I drove home.

The fastest draw is the one you don't make.
>>
File: IMG_1240.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1240.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
>>33372832
Remember children:

>Around blacks

"Never Relax!"
>>
File: godhatesOP.jpg (56KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
godhatesOP.jpg
56KB, 600x673px
>>33372004
One more video for the solution to OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9hDi-085lU
>>
>>33372767

3. Grocery Store Yoofs.

Took my sidearm out - an HKUSP45C - and told my son to get low and put his fingers in his ears. He did. The instant the light changed, I floored it through the intersection.

Got lucky and was the first car at the light - it took them by surprise. We bounced through the intersection and into an empty parking lot across the road.

Pulled a quick U turn. The intention was to ram them if they did anything other than keep on going . Your vehicle is your most effective weapon and you never, ever abandon it if you can help it - and F250 beats Hoopty Shit Bucket any day.

Past ramming them - and then emptying the USP into their vehicle and then flooring it out of there - I didn't have a plan. That's how it goes sometimes. You just make shit up as you go along and hope to God you're right...

Turns out, Yoof & Co in the Hoopty Shit Bucket follow me into the parking lot, see me pointing the USP at them thru the windshield and drive off goggle eyed.

I safed the weapon and started a more-or-less random course that took me past the local Police Station... they were not following me, and Cops are Yoof Kryptonite...

Made it home in one piece - no shots fired, no damage to the truck, no damage to us other than some frazzled nerves...

There is ALWAYS... a choice...
>>
>>33372004
>drop wallet
>back away
>fire
>retrieve wallet before police get there
>>
>>33373410
You're a retarded troll who smells of tripfag. from your extremely basic debate skills to that OP pic lazily taken off the front page of TFB or FB from earlier today. Should be fun pointing out how moronic you are and watching you frantically ignore it in an attempt to maintain your sense of superiority that you find critical to your identity.

>"you are facing down the barrel of a gun..."

Retarded. You're intentionally creating a sandboxed argument that is almost impossible in the real world. why you ask?

because:

1. a gun is a close range weapon for the inexperienced, to receive his ill gotten gains a mugger must be within a close proximity to me. unless this mugger can silently teleport this means that he must

A. see me at a distance, or he wouldn't know im there.

B. decide to target me.

C. close said distance, or wait for me to close said distance.

Points A, B, and C are immediately visible and occur at a distance and before the individual will have a firearm presented(examples upon request). Having a basic understanding of body language and maintaining situational awareness will allow you to identify an individual doing these things the vast majority of the time.

Once if the individual attempts to close said distance then your defense should be multi tiered:

1. Maintain situational awareness.

2. signal via body language that you are aware that their intentions are nefarious, and are not a good prey item. specifc examples upon request.

3. If the person continues to close distance then you clear obstructing clothing/prepare your draw without actually revealing your weapon and make it apparent through body language that you are armed while moving away from them and to the nearest cover/concealment available. this is not considered brandishing.

5. say something to the effect of stay back or go away.

6. if at anytime they rapidly move their hands to their waste band or pockets begin to draw. FYI triptard this would be legally justified just
>>
>>33372004
Volk has turned awkwardness into an art form.
>>
>>33373780
about anywhere.

As you've practiced drawing and shooting quickly along with having an actual holster as opposed to not practicing at all and having no holster to speak of you are at a great advantage over them in this situation.

Caveat: it is technically possible that through your own negligence somebody could get the drop on you. The only response to this is to

1. comply

2. feign compliance and counter ambush.

there's a reason that any well respected Military, LEO, or personal trainers advocate number 2. That's because if an opponent is momentarily distracted and relatively untrained it has a high rate of success.

This is because unless the mugger has already decided to shoot you(in which case you're already dead even if you comply) then he must:

1. perceive you are no longer complying

2. decide to act

3. fire.

a process that would, if they were able to preform actions 2 & 3 instantaneously and connect with a disabling cns shot take at least > .3s to perform due to the reactionary gap. Seeing as how this takes extreme luck and or skill it is likely to take them considerably longer. especially if it is not immediately apparent that you are no longer complying.
>>
>>33372004
What the fuck kind of cuck defeatist mentality is this.
>>
>>33372004

This is b8 or you're dumb. Probably both.
>>
>>33373276
"Debate is about finding the truth"

> autistic faggot makes a thread where he presents an opinion as absolute truth, and decries anything else as fantasy.

You're a faggot making vague bullshit claims with no specifics or anything to back it up
>>
>>33373410

No.
You're literally autistic.

In the 80s & 90s anyone on the subway in NYC knew not to make eye contact with others.

If someone crosses the street to approach you, this should set off alarms on your mind

This is an example of street smarts.
>>
>>33373410
is this dude a fucking moron? or what?
Like being in a car crash but not realizing it until you end up getting treated in some hospital lol
>>
>>33373780

Spot on.

One caveat:

>a gun is a close range weapon for the inexperienced, to receive his ill gotten gains a mugger must be within a close proximity to me. unless this mugger can silently teleport this means that he must

A. see me at a distance, or he wouldn't know im there.

B. decide to target me.

C. close said distance, or wait for me to close said distance.

Unless he has friends. Which is what happened in my case.

Smallish Mook across the street from the nice restaurant was the lookout. Him coming off the wall when he found a target was the signal to the other two in either direction.

Had to hand it to them - it was a well planned ambush. Can't go left, can't go right, can't go across the street. Could go back inside and call the cops, but what then? They'll be back - all the cops have is my suspicion unless they got outstanding warrants...

How do you break an ambush?

Exactly - go right at them and do something unexpected. Put distance between Small Mook and Right Mook so it's not 3 on 1.

Ever read Safe in the City? Written by two felons. Basically a "How To Felon" book - lays out what to look for, various scams, etc...

Highly recommended...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CFJY3C/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
>>
>>33372004
Sometimes that's true sometimes it's not.

https://youtu.be/pIZHGmikE7Y

Start watching active self protection it's a great channel.
>>
>>33372864
Pretty sure OP is autistic,
See
>>33373079
>>
File: leftyPolShilling.png (105KB, 954x1157px) Image search: [Google]
leftyPolShilling.png
105KB, 954x1157px
>>33372004
great another left shill thread courtesy of reddit
>>
>>33374114
Sounds very interesting ill have to give it a look. also good point about the possibility of more than one attackers, i consider that a part of maintaining situational awareness but should've specifically mentioned that and/or what to do.
>>
>>33372808
"Clip" is another word for "removable magazine". It has been used that way BY THE MILITARY before m00t was born. Get over yourself.
>>
File: dunning-kruger-effect.png (70KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
dunning-kruger-effect.png
70KB, 2024x1432px
>this entire fucking thread
>>
>>33373094
/k/-
>0 amount of veterans
prob mid 20s at least
Hell, I'm 54. I wish I was pretending.
>>
>>33373717

Born 1967 with a story about a 5-year old son AND a compact USP?

Better re-Check the release date of that model
>>
>>33373752

[/ thread ]
>>
>>33372004
Guns aren't magical. It's possible there are situation where your concealed handgun will be useless to you. Like someone you didn't see coming putting a knife to your throat or a gun to your head. But there are also situations where a handgun will save your ass.

But yes it's life and however hard you prepare there might be a situation where you might end up helpless anyway.
>>
>>33374778
my dad was born in 1945. i would've been 5 in 1999. not sure what you're trying to say here...
>>
>>33375414

LMAO.

Sucks to be a cuck you fag.
How's your dead faggot Dad?
Is he dead?
>>
>>33374607
None of that is true.
>>
File: 1488826686848-k.jpg (21KB, 336x448px) Image search: [Google]
1488826686848-k.jpg
21KB, 336x448px
>>33372609
>situational awareness won't help you when you're staring down the barrel of a gun
Wew lad
>>
>>33374778

so what, is there something wrong in that?
>>
>>33372004

This implies I even leave my house.
>>
>>33372004
>I know carrying a pistol gives you a sense of security, but it's a false sense of security. If a mugger pulls a gun (or even a knife) on you, it's unlikely that you'll be able draw fast enough to kill him before he kills or at least severely injures you. And open carry is a great way to get killed by someone looking to steal your gun.
lrn2situational awareness
>>
What are you suggesting then, OP?

These sound like the arguments used to justify gun bans because "it won't help you anyway"
>>
>33372004(you)
>>
>>33372609
retard alert
>>
>>33375740
Much of the firearms community is under the mistaken impression that a gun either automatically grants situational awareness, or that a gun is an acceptable substitute for situational awareness.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (11KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
11KB, 225x300px
>>33372004
I doubt most muggers would just sraight up start shooting/stabbing you because then theyd end up with a murder on them and theyd have to dispose of their gun which is gonna cost them some money.

What percentage of the time are people physically assaulted during a robbery/mugging?
>>
>>33376028
How about "Gives you an option" instead of having situational awareness and yet being completely unarmed so you KNOW you're fucked.
>>
>>33375434
pretty dead, not gonna lie. then again considering how how long he was playing in semi popular bands, independently wealthy, and running train on bitches unless your mom was 12 when she had you your dads a more likely cuck than him lol
>>
>>33372004
Here's the best answer in the whole thread, ready.

Because even if he does get the drop on me, at least I'm not going out like a fucking punk.
>>
File: thonkang.png (9KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thonkang.png
9KB, 112x112px
>>33372004
>"this is why you shouldn't protect yourself"
>super specific situation that is very unlikely to happen
You're assuming a lot of things
>>
If American street robbers give you time and space to draw a gun they're retarded and you should be able to stop them with bare fucking arms.
>>
>/k/ takes the bait again
>>
I live in a shitty filled with dindus and I had a friend in high school who complied with an armed robbery on the streets. Want to know what happened next? They shot him twice for no reason and left him to bleed out in his friends arms. I'll take my chances guy
>>
>>33372075
You're not as smart as you think you are
>>
>>33376637
this
>don't try to defend yourself because THIS might happen
nah, fuck off
>>
>sure heres my wallet
>mugger walks off
>get my gun ready
>scream HEY
>shoot him in the face legally
>>
>>33375715
This.
Who the fuck goes anywhere in the golden age of the internet?
You can have virtually anything you need delivered to your doorstep these days.
>>
>>33377156
This fella gets it. Cower, Comply, then kill.
>>
>>33376896
/k/ always seems to take the bait on even the most obvious bait posts.
>>
>>33372075
"Common sense" is the same excuse they make for "Common sense" gun control
It's because they call it common sense to get around the fact that they don't have any actual facts to back it up.
>>
>>33372004

>Dindus walk into gun shop with guns already drawn
>Dindus take their attention off the shop owner for a split second
>Before Dindu can use his already drawn gun he was taken several rounds of .45 ACP and drops like a sack of wet shit.

Yeah ok there. Real life isn't a movie where someone just materializes out ofbthe shadows. You best believe I'm gripping my pocket carry piece as I'm walking by some sketchy shit.
>>
File: We did it before.jpg (51KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
We did it before.jpg
51KB, 480x720px
>>33372609
SJALL NOY BE I NFRINGED YOU COMMIE
>>
>>33372004
>If a mugger pulls a gun (or even a knife) on you, it's unlikely that you'll be able draw fast enough to kill him before he kills or at least severely injures you.
Ya know I once thought like this too, until this video first hit /k/, and another helpful anon went over the situation.

Basically it comes down to reflexes. While the robber had a gun pointed at his victim and 'only' needed to pull the trigger while the pawn shop owner had to draw his weapon and aim as well, the robber's reaction time is the key to who gets off their shot first, and as most people will not react quickly in such a situation as they do not have experience or training to deal with someone drawing a fun on them suddenly.

Combined with a split second's distraction and that fact would definitely be enough for me to draw and fire.
>>
>>33373410
>Faced between the choice of maybe being shot and almost certainly being shot, it's an easy choice.
No don't get me wrong I've thought about it before, I'm not going to pretend I'm super hard and just waiting to attack as soon as I think I am legally okay to do so. I've seen people flip out at the sight of a weapon, they might act totally irrational and just attack you anyway if they find out you have one which would be pretty shit if they already got the drop on you. You're pretty much saying "just hope they don't execute you if you give them what they want" I don't know why you think a mugger is going to have any mercy when they're attempting to molest you for your possessions while pointing an imminent danger at your life. Medical bills and survival are fucking bullshit if that fucker tries killing it'd be beyond fucking stupid not to try and kill them back how do you know there not going to shoot witnesses or get away scott free at least if you hit them back even if you die they're likely going to get pinched in connection when they go seeking medical care instead of disappearing until they decide they feel jolly enough to go out hunting human prey again.
>>
>>33372609
Umm, it's called having the foresight to not put yourself in the situation to begin with.

When you get a chance between shit posting look up some webms of self defense shootings. Educate yourself before making assumptions.
>>
>>33374778
>>33375414
>>33375434

Born 1967
Enlist: 1985
Stationed in Germany: 1996-2000
Married 1997 (age 30)
Buy USP45C in Germany - 1997 (age 30)
Son born 2000
Return to US 2000
Mooks at grocery store 2005

You don't math very well, do you?
>>
File: serveimage(2).png (222KB, 1011x1049px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(2).png
222KB, 1011x1049px
>implying I can't take out 4 guys in 1 second with my revolver
>>
>>33375827
And yet they keep feeding him.
>>
File: fedodo.gif (263KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
fedodo.gif
263KB, 600x903px
9mm is just as effective as .45!!
>>
>>33373119
>step 5: PROFIT!!!!

4chan, I am dissapoint.
>>
>>33372004

Ummm, I think you're supposed to be shilling on /pol/. Do they pay the .02 rate for other boards?
>>
File: 9mm.jpg?itok=ibt7jw2b.jpg (104KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
9mm.jpg?itok=ibt7jw2b.jpg
104KB, 1000x667px
>>33380892
It is though?
>>
I can never tell if these are bait posts or poor cucks growing up in Commiefornia.
>>
>>33377156
This was always my plan,or toss my wallet on the ground and shoot him while his attention is diverted
>>
>>33381325
Your own picture shows a whole lot of not much difference between the top 3
>>
>>33372004
What you're implying is that any nigger this side of fucking Zimbabwe is ready to kill a man over 30$, and that they would be ready to shoot you by the time you faked going for your wallet and pulled out a gun. This doubles if they're tweakers, they're more likely to drop the gun than shoot you at that point.
>>
>>33382002
Me thinks we're arguing for the same thing?
>>
>>33372767
>>33373717

Your argument here places zero value on the gun, but rather situational awareness.

Home defense is one thing since it's your turf and you're the one being approached with 100% fault on the intruder's behalf. But when you're walking around town there's no realistic way for you to draw your sidearm and defend yourself.
>>
>>33372004
I always figured that having a knife or a gun was more of a deterrent than an actual weapon. Like if the mugger pulled a knife on you and then you pulled a knife you would be more trouble than it's worth. Not saying that's sound logic but it makes sense.
>>
>>33372004
Im class G certified trust me I could shoot him from the holster three times before he can stab me or shoot more than one round.
>>
>>33372004
CC does give me a sense of security, but it doesn't give a sense of being bullet proof. Nor does it empower me with super secret ninja quickdraw skills.

Only I can protect myself from my own stupidity.

Every defense will fail .... if used at the wrong time.
>>
>>33372004
>And open carry is a great way to get killed by someone looking to steal your gun.
This is correct. The rest of the post is spoken like someone who needs more training.
>>
>>33374778
He didnt say it happened this year.
>>
>>33372004
Carried a piece for over 30 years.less "security" and more "got it ff I need it".

Kind of like having a large CO2 extinguisher in your car and a full FAK. The 1911A1 is a part of that kit.
>>
>>33372609
do you cut holes in your pants so you can get fucked in the ass
>>
>>33372075
>Based on common sense.
There are plenty of videos available online to show that drawing while being robbed even at gun point isn't automatically suicide. In many of these videos the guy who draws even wins decisively.

If the mugger's intent and first move is to kill you they wouldn't even bother giving you a heads up by demanding your wallet. They would just shoot you.

In conclusion, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>33372832
>Unless he's walking around wearing gang tattoos, it's not going to be obvious if a person is about to rob you.

It's actually very obvious. I see you didn't grow up in black neighborhoods.
>>
>>33387034

Body language is not subtle in the slightest. Especially because people who are trying not to betray interest or intent act even more uncomfortable and unnatural than those who resign themselves to signaling an attack.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.