[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to guns. I've loved them my whole life but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: mp.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mp.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
I'm new to guns. I've loved them my whole life but I lived with libtards so I just bought my first one when I moved out. I live in the city and buying ammo is expensive as hell. I'm thinking of buying a really high quality airsoft gun so I can train in my backyard and learn good cqb tactics. Is this a good idea, /k/? I'm aware that the experience won't be the same but if I get an airsoft gun that's extremely realistic, it will help my aim and control and I'll have the ability to practice everyday.
>>
>>33368987
It won't help you get over recoil. Guns are expensive anon, fact of life. Get a 9 for carry, a pistol carbine to fuck around with and a .22 to go full retard with and not feel as bad. It could be worse, you could be gambling all your money away or spending it on crack.
>>
>>33369000
Also new to guns

Wouldn't a 1911 be better for carry?
>>
>>33369000
I totally understand. I'm just a poor college kid and I go to the range as often as I can but even then it's only a once or twice a week thing. Not to mention the money. Of course I'll still shoot whenever I can but having an airsoft gun to plink cans in the backyard for fun seems like a good idea for when I don't have the time or money.
>>
>>33369015
OP here

I'm thinking about a glock 19 for carry. I don't think I need a .45 and I like the extra bullets a glock gives as opposed to a 1911.
>>
>>33369027
Just get a BB gun then
It's fun and cheap with leaver pump
No need for air
>>
>>33369015
I mean, if you're willing to practice with it. It's all about practice. It's a big gun that fires big bullets. If you can train with it and not develop bad habits like flinching or pulling then go for it. Just be mindful of your states CC laws and rules in terms of brandishing. If it's hot most of the year and you're fond of shorts and tshirts don't expect to hide a full sized pistol too well on your hip. 1911s are fairly simple and robust to maintain and operate. Even with their large size they have the capacity of a sub compact (7-8 rounds typically). In the end it is up to you and your preference and how you train with your pistol.
>>
>>33369045
Didn't think about that. I just like airsoft guns because of the realism. BB guns don't have that factor, really. There may be some high quality ones out there, I don't know. I'm going off of what I've seen at walmart and such. Again, I'm new.

I've been saving up for a nugget. I really want a Russian gun. Should I buy a nugget or save for an SKS?
>>
>>33369051
I live in New York so gun laws are real fucking strict but i wear hoodies everywhere so I can hide it
>>
>>33369015
Ideally your carry gun should be something you're comfortable using, can draw quickly, and conceal effectively.
If you can do all that with a 1911, go ahead.
>>
>>33369072
Trayvon spotted
>>
>>33369084
Sandman actually
>>
>>33369099
As long as you're a Conservative and not a crazy Muslim, I'm fine with the sandmen.
>>
>>33368987

No simulation is perfect, but airsoft can be a useful training tool if used properly. As >>33369000 mentions, firearms are an expensive hobby (the presence of holy trips confirms this sentiment). As such, airsoft is merely a supplement to becoming proficient in weapons handling and small-unit tactics.

While the meat of all firearms training is in actually going to the range regularly, true proficiency will come from adding dry-fire practice to your routine. Get some snap caps and do dry-fire practice multiple times a week. This will allow for you to learn proper body position and trigger pull without spending a lot of money.

Finally, use an airsoft replica of your actual firearm and find a serious group of milsim guys to play with. I don't know much about it from personal experience, but past threads on airsoft have mentioned that real-life small-unit tactics can be practiced with them much like the U.S. Army trains with simunitions and blanks (I do have experience with those).

TL;DR Range time and dryfire practice are a must. Airsoft can be a useful supplement when approached properly. Once you're really comfortable with your weapon, consider taking a course at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, etc. Those are fun as fuck.
>>
>>33369225
As someone that plays airsoft casually, the people that are really into it are all either 14 years old that wanna join the Muhreens after high school, or 30 year old autists that wanted to enlist but couldn't because they couldn't meet weight requirements. Which makes sense considering that some of these guys have /k/ patches on their stuff...

That said, this is all right. Hell, I go to an indoor range because I live in the city. I do mozambique drills with airsoft guns because I can't do em on the range. It's not the same, but it's the closest I can get for now.
>>
As Someone who spends a lot of time on airshit - The handling is definitely difficult. What airsoft can and will teach you is to stay focused under simulated fire. During my first airsoft matches i found myself hammering away at the trigger with reckless abandon, jerking the gun everywhere.

I have come to remedy that. It doesn't even need to be milsim, just regular pick up games can be quite good in showing you your deficiencies in weapon handling and CQC behavior.
Finally, I'd suggest springing for a gas blowback type of rifle, if temperatures in your climate allows it. Get learnt on them. they run best at anything above 20°C.
With a little file you can get them to feel almost exactly like your real gun, due to them having an actual internal hammer and enough recoil to at least throw you off target if you are not prepared.
visit /asp/asg for questions, or other forums on the exact issues many of these guns have.

Remember, all of them are chinkshit, most of them will break if not upgraded properly. Don't be surprised if you end up paying $1000 for an M4, 7 mags, optics and upgrades.
>>
>>33369433
>difficult.
different. Sorry. Real guns have what you could call "violence of action".
>>
>>33369000
Recoil is a fucking meme. I was able to use 12 gauges with such little practice when I was a kid
>>
File: 1489816949368.jpg (6KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
1489816949368.jpg
6KB, 200x233px
>>33369225

There you go OP. Practice not breaking the law in CC situations, your draw, and shooting your friends with a quality gas airs often pistol. The biggest issue with an airsoft gun is that it'll never be as accurate as a real gun so you won't truly know how well you're shooting.

If you want a cheap to shoot range pistol where you can still get a feel for recoil go with a P22 or 22/45. 22 long rifle is cheap. If you want a rifle for it, get a 10/22. They're also great for small game.

Practice the thumbs forward grip and use either the isoceles or Weaver stance. You can free style your handgun grip but you'll always suck compared to someone who spent an equal amount of time doing it the right way.

Also, a glock 19 is a jack of all trades. They're reliable as fuck but they won't be as accurate as a longer sight radius pistol and aren't as concealeable as a compact. That being said, I fucking love mine, it's at a great place between the two and can use glock 17 mags. Look at the gen 4 talo glock 19, they're not much more money, already sighted in, have nice metal night sights and the rear being blacked out is ideal.

Like Anon said dry fire often, watch to contain your flinch, your sights should not leave what you're aiming at until after the gun goes click. Don't dry fire a 22 though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.