[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ommandos, kraut in the market for a semi-automatic .308

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: MR762ER_zps8ed191b6.jpg (65KB, 1024x431px) Image search: [Google]
MR762ER_zps8ed191b6.jpg
65KB, 1024x431px
Hello /k/ommandos, kraut in the market for a semi-automatic .308 rifle here.

What do you guys reccomend?

I've heard good things about HKs and shot 2 different MR308s, and I've heard bad things about SIG 716s, which I've shot once aswell (no obvious flaws though).
>>
>>33367836
>MR308
Only ever held one in a store. It seemed really solidly built and aesthetically pleasing. I've seen it get pretty glowing reviews as well. The only downside I've seen from handling one is that it's heavy. I'm saving for a scar even though they're way overpriced now. I was in love with it from the first time I shot it. Idk if you can get those in Germany, but if it's possible, I'd suggest checking it out. Also consider an LMT MWS if you're looking at an MR308.
>>
Also, I've been looking at the MR308 with the 20"-barrel, I suppose that would be the best bet to get the most accuracy out of the platform. Or would the 18"-version be better?

I know of AR-10s from Oberland and DPMS that are available here, but I haven't had the chance to shoot any of them myself yet.

Scar 17s are kinda out of the question, shit availability and even worse price.

What else is there? I'd appreciate input from some fellow euros.
>>
>>33367836
Fellow /k/amerad here

I bought a MR308 A3 16,75" recently and I've shot the SIG 716 several times.
Accuracy wise both are about the same with cheap ammo (2-3cm).
I prefer the ergonomics of the MR, but because of propietary everything made by H&K everything is pretty expensive.
>>
>>33367869
>LMT MWS
LMT seems to be talked about a lot on here, always in a positive way as well. However, I can't seem to find any way to get a hold of an LMT gun anywhere here, neither Germany nor Europe.

Even though the MR308 gets all these amazing reviews, I have one gripe witht hem, and that's their mags, which are ridiculously expensive, like >>33367928 said. That's why I'm leaning a bit towards a 'normal' AR-10 that takes pmags.
>>
>>33367942
Yeah I only got it, because it cost <2k € with 10x mags (wife made guy sell one of his rifles).

AR10 seems like a good choice. Also consider G3 clones. In regards to accessories you won't find a better rifle for Germany. 20rnd Mags for <3€, spare parts out the ass etc.
>>
>>33367996
Get those while you can. Lets see what the new EU directive will do.
>>
>>33368202
>the new EU directive
yeah I've read about that as well. Shit won't make guns cheaper, that's why I'm looking to check that box on the .308 soon-ish

>>33367996
that's a really nice price for you MR308.
What are some nice G3-clones you could recommend?
>>
>>33368202
Yeah that's why I bought it and an AR15 + mags.

>>33368268
Lux Def Tec, Schwaben Arms, MKE, Sabre Arms & original H&K's are all fine. That's just the ones I can name from the top of my head.
>>
Check out the Christensen CA-10.
I have one and prefer it to my buddy's scar.
Expensive but I haven't felt the need to modify anything, and I'm a compulsive customizer.
>>
>>33368674
>>33368337
nice, thank you for the recommendations.
>>
File: IMG_1961.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1961.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I've got a sig 716 here. It's a good rifle, but it suffers from "proprietary parts" syndrome quite a bit. Trying to change out the quad rail for something is damn near impossible from what I hear, though I haven't attempted it myself. It's also picky if you want to change the charging handle, though it took my Magpul PRS stock with no trouble.

Major downside aside from that is that it's pig heavy. Once I added the PRS this thing is definitely at least 12lbs, probably heavier. Still it's an accurate, easy to clean rifle. The piston removes easily and cleans quickly.
>>
>>33367836

Norinco M305

oh wait
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.