[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for an inexpensive pistol for home defense.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: sd9ve.jpg (165KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
sd9ve.jpg
165KB, 550x413px
I'm looking for an inexpensive pistol for home defense. Something that would be cheap to shoot at the range. I'm not an enthusiast (cannot afford to be yet) But I am looking for my first gun.

Pic related is what was recommended to me. Seems like a good buy to me. Great reviews, can get for $300 locally. I wanted a revolver but they seem much too expensive for a solid one.
>>
File: boolit_bill.png (99KB, 473x305px) Image search: [Google]
boolit_bill.png
99KB, 473x305px
Canik TPSF9 Elite. If you ever shoot someone with it, you can always just claim you're in ISIS.
>>
>>33363611
>Canik TPSF9 Elite

Not a bad choice, actually. Comes with 2 18rd mags, loading tool, holster, cleaning brush, and lock, all in a high impact plastic case. $350 or less.

I'm going to pick one up next month.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_183442.jpg (386KB, 1375x1021px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_183442.jpg
386KB, 1375x1021px
>>33363564

Caniks are good budget guns. Don't overlook used, especially police trade-ins. Good deals to be had for glocks and berettas for easily sub $350. You should factor in the fact that parts/accessories/mags/holsters will be much easier to get for those vs the Caniks
>>
>>33363564
Yes, it is alright. As >>33363611 suggested , canik, despite being turkshit is fairly good for the money. ruger's semiautos are reasonably good value.

if you're sold on a revolver you can probably pick up a used one in the $300 range. eaa windicator is around that new but isn't exactly fun to shoot.
>>
>>33363611
Alternatively if you don't want to support Turks, you could get the SD9 that has drastically better grips, trigger, and sights.
>>
>>33363564
Get the cheapest police glock trade in you can find
>>
>>33363716

>used

Where would I find one of those? local dealer or a flea market? Also, where do they sell police trade ins?
>>
>>33363878
armslist.com
gunbroker.com
pawn shops (who often advertise on armslist)

often police trade ins show up at gun shows. they tend to be a great deal as they're rarely fired and well cared for, just often cosmetically beat to shit.
>>
>>33363564
What state are you in? Yes, it matters.
>>
>>33363564
For someone who ABSOLUTELY cannot afford anything better than an M&P9, the SD9VE is a good compromsie.

I used to shit on them but they're actually pretty durable given your perameters. They do reportedly come with dog shit triggers and Apex sells a $20 kit that makes it a bit more manageable.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?13363-S-amp-W-SD9VE-2-000-round-test-thread

Though I would strongly consider conceal carry to being a concern. If I were you, in need of a gun for both home defense and conceal carry, I would look into something in the middle like the S&W M&P9C. It's a 12+1 9mm that is fairly easy to conceal and can be used to fight with.
>>
>>33363564
So I actually started with that exact gun-it was my carry gun for a couple years. The SD9VE is essentially a Glock clone with a really shitty trigger. If it's cheap, go ahead and get it, but you'd be better off saving up a bit longer and buying a used Glock.

If you do get it though, buy the spring and trigger kit from Apex Tactical, it's a pretty inexpensive way to make an okay pistol into a good one
>>
>>33363671
>Not a bad choice, actually. Comes with 2 18rd mags
That's the bare bones TP9. The TP9SF elite is a smaller frame and has 15 round mags.
>>33363564
I own an SD9VE, it's my beater gun and has not failed in 2,000 rounds of decent brass case 9mm (including PPU).
I sell 5-10 per week, and I have only seen one come in for repair. The customer complained it wouldn't reliably feed Monarch steel case 9mm.
Keep the feed ramp clean and it'll do just fine. But the trigger is god awful. I mean really really bad. The bright side of that is if you ever buy a better striker fired gun after shooting the SD9VE it will always break clean and surprise you.
>>
9mm anthing. Practice with cheap shit, carry better, then practice with decent when you get better
>>
>>33366319
>9mm anthing
Don't endorse Taurus, it's wrong.
>>
>>33366526
Right, everything but crap. If it shoots +p+,g2g
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.