[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, /tg/ here, wanted to know if blue camo is used anywhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3689.png (878KB, 740x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3689.png
878KB, 740x656px
Hey /k/, /tg/ here, wanted to know if blue camo is used anywhere and what it's used for?

Pic related got me curious since I've never actually seen blue camo actually be used outside of naval uniforms?

I've heard that blue or grey shades are good for urban and nighttime/dark environments, is this true?
>>
I think blue is only really for naval uniforms and police.

I mean, an ork wouldn't wear it to blend in, they probably consider the idea of camoflage to be a form of cowardice.
>>
>>33360718
If you've never seen it, then it's got to be working.
>>
>>33360718
The PLAN is infamous for their staggeringly ugly blue digital camouflage schemes.
>>
>>33360744
An ork wouldn't wear it to blend in because everyone knows purple is the sneakiest color.
>>
File: 1454020361909.jpg (2MB, 3270x2142px) Image search: [Google]
1454020361909.jpg
2MB, 3270x2142px
>>33360718
Russian (and ex-soviet) OMON uses it, but its mostly just for looks.
Russians also used to use it on their aircraft but they replaced it with grey.
Chinese PLAN uses it but I'm p sure it's being phased out.
The US Navy used to use NWU.
>>
It is used, but it serves no purpose other than differentiating branches (Navy, Interior Ministry, etc...)
>>
>>33360718
>>>/China/
As for the nighttime question, not really. For nighttime just use whatever camo you would use for the day in that particular environment. Your clothing looks darker in the night just like the surrounding environment does. The exception to this is urban areas, you may want to wear a medium dark shade of gray at night instead of daytime civilian clothes if you don't want to be seen. Don't wear black though, with camouflage it's better to be a shade too light than a shade too dark.
>>
>>33360744
>>33360857
Orks of the Blood Axe Klanz use it because unlike other Orks, they dislike the idea of being killed before even getting to the fight, so make great uses of camouflage, military tactics, and even make imitations of Imperial Guard officer uniforms.

>>33360747
Kek.

>>33360845
You're right, that is ugly.

>>33360927
>>33360988
So just for looks, then? Interesting.

>>33361023
This is pretty informative, thanks!
>Don't wear black though
That's interesting, why are other colors better than black? Is it because it tends to be darker than it's surroundings, meaning it's like seeing something that shouldn't be there, or something along those lines?
>>
>>33360718
Blue camo used to be used by the Chinese, Russians, and the US navy, but it's pretty much useless just about everywhere. Practically getting phased out for more earth tone colors.
>>
>>33360718

Blue camo (when worn as clothing) exists solely for aesthetic reasons.
>>
>>33361072
You're on on the right track about black uniforms. They are darker than shadows and look unnatural to an observer. Black uniforms are only used for psychological effect.
>>
>>33360718
The blue camo the USN used was designed to make paint stains less obvious. When you're on a giant steel box in the middle of a giant salty ocean, you constantly have to paint to fight rust. The uniform's colors and pattern were designed to make gray paint splatter invisible, so the uniforms could be worn longer before they had to be cleaned.

Also, because the Navy got jealous of everyone else's cool uniforms.
>>
>>33361072

Yeah, black is just too dark. It also tends to shine when viewed with NODs. As the other guy said it's only good for SWAT teams and the like to look scary. Otherwise an AO appropriate camo pattern is always a better choice.
>>
>>33360718
Isn't it considered urban camo?
>>
>>33362346
I dunno. I thought that grey was urban camo.
>>
File: image.jpg (525KB, 1000x1377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525KB, 1000x1377px
>>33360718
>>
>>33361072
Yeah Black clothes makes you stand out in what little light is available instead of blending in...silly enough a blue and grey tiger stripe like uniform with various shades from very dark to light blends in better.

I always figured the Navy blue digitals would be given to night raid seals or Force Recon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.