[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the bersa thunder, /k/. Most reviews I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 694026_L2.jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
694026_L2.jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
Redpill me on the bersa thunder, /k/. Most reviews I've seen regard it pretty highly but 250 dollars seems too low to be paying for something I can rely on in a bad situation.

I'm a poorfag dental student in Phoenix and I do live by a few weirdos so some protection would make me feel much better.

Also, general poorfag CCW thread?
>>
Someone post the /k/ poorfag guide. I accidentally deleted my copy and it will answer all this anon's questions.
>>
File: 0_kc92nt0ov6f92w3tagdv.jpg (119KB, 1148x900px) Image search: [Google]
0_kc92nt0ov6f92w3tagdv.jpg
119KB, 1148x900px
>>33360326
bersa seem to be quite a foot and reliable guns.
From what i've heard they're better than ruggers?
>>
>>33360326
Bersas are good. They're cheap because they're not a big name and some people are scared of guns not made in the usual places by the usual companies.
Otherwise the thunder 380 is basically a cheaper PPK and works just as well, if not better as a carry gun since it's lighter.
>>
File: 1486559159861.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1486559159861.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>33360444
The Bersa Thunder Plus has a double stack 15 rd mag. Its what in getting in a few months when I turn 21
>>
My friend had one and some part malfunctioned, rendering it inoperable. Better drop the money for a Walther. You get what you pay for.
>>
>>33360464
>They're cheap because they're not a big name and some people are scared of guns not made in the usual places by the usual companies.
I've actually heard (and correct me if I'm wrong) but they were founded by Beretta employees so it's not just some kyber pass argentine start-up.

>>33360471
He knows he can just call them up and have it replaced for free right?
>>
Bersa has been around for about 60 years, and and are generally regarded as reliable firearms.

My dad has a Thunder 9 as a nightstand gun, and we've taken it out to the range a few times when I visit, and it functioned flawlessly. For $250, I'd say that's a bargain
>>
>>33360490
>they were founded by Beretta employees

Correct.. Italian immigrants.
>>
bersa is a good deal on a generally reliable weapon.

i only sold mine because i started making a lot more money and wanted the equivalent beretta for aesthetic reasons.
>>
How much do you guys think I should spend on a used one? A couple of people around me want 290-350 for theirs but I can get one retail for 270 so what should I offer?
>>
File: 1480945552549.jpg (4MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
1480945552549.jpg
4MB, 3900x5008px
>>33360469
>>
>>33360564
>How much do you guys think I should spend on a used one? A couple of people around me want 290-350 for theirs but I can get one retail for 270

If you can't get a used one for about $200-250, buy the new one, the warranty is worth it.

A good bargaining chip is showing someone what a new one goes for. Sometimes, though, you can get a stack of goodies with a used gun: holster, ammo, spare mags, etc. Take that in consideration as well.
>>
>>33360326
They're more or less the Walther PP except with a better grip and a better trigger.
Given that a lot of the PPs and PPKs made in the later years have been a shitshow, I'd sooner trust the Bersa at this point.

>>33360455
Did you have a stroke writing this?

>>33360471
Modern PPKs are not made by Walther, you are NOT getting what you're paying for with a current Walther branded PPK.
>>
>>33360326

They're heavy for their size but they're pretty reliable and are good for their price
>>
>>33360943
>heavy for their size
Compared to a PPK?
>>
>>33360326
The model matters a little. You posted a picture of the CC, which had a recall early on but seems to be doing well now. It works better as a concealed but the mags are more expensive and don't interchange with other Thunders correctly. It also has no sights on it. The double stack versions are also nice, very minimal weight and width increase. They are generally reliable, have a simple construction, and are one of the best subcompact 380's for handling recoil. The double action trigger is also very smooth and light, although it has a fairly long break until SA. The grip will fit a large man's hands well with the extension and the slide is easy to rack.

As for negatives, it's definitely a $250 gun made of aluminum. I paid a little less for mine and it does pretty well with fmj's. It is very light, but also has a correspondingly shorter life. Until the feed ramp is worn down, it will not feed hollow points correctly. It would be easy to polish it down if the barrel weren't fixed to the frame. The company says to fire at least 200 rounds before trying hp, but it still seems pretty shitty for their conceal models. Mine has paint on it but it's literally just paint instead of a coating like nitride so it scrapes off when you pull the slide off for cleaning. Mine was filled with metal shavings from the factory and I did a deep clean and flush before I ever took it to the range. It does not come with anything other than the pistol and one magazine so plan to drop $30 on a mec-gar spare. The grip panels are China-grade plastic. I removed mine to disassemble it and remove the magazine safety, which is part of that big metal bar you see disappear into the grip panel under the slide. Getting the slide on and off is not nearly as simple as a Glock-style breakdown with a levered barrel. The decocker safety combo on the slide is also plastic and gets in the way when you rack the slide.
>>
>>33361570
So for me it's been reliable with fmj, but I don't trust it for CC yet like I do my Ruger. The new poly Bersas are another story. The Thunders are almost identical to the old Firestorms but the poly's feel more like modern compact 9's. They are built a little better, but also only come in 9mm and up and are priced in a bracket that just makes them better than a Taurus G2.

I'd post pics because I have several of the internals and breakdown but they're all on my phone.
>>
>>33360909
>Modern PPKs are not made by Walther, you are NOT getting what you're paying for with a current Walther branded PPK.
You shouldnt have to is my point
>>
>>33360326
LCP II $245 March Madness sale at schuylerarmsco if you are poor.
>>
>>33360326
Bersas are OK, but not great. They're a bit overpriced for what they are these days though. Mostly reliable but small parts breakages are common.
I wouldn't keep one around for serious use unless it significantly impressed me but they seem like fine cheap range toys and camp guns though for the price they go for these days you could probably do better
Think a slightly lower quality star or taurus on their very best day.
>>
File: lcp 2.jpg (124KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
lcp 2.jpg
124KB, 848x477px
>>33361688
Sold my Bersa for an LCP II

The Bersas are just too big for a .380. If you're going to carry a small round, carry it in a small gun to get the benefits.
If the Bersa was 9mm, it'd be great in that size.
>>
File: 1487376368873.jpg (95KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487376368873.jpg
95KB, 724x720px
>>33361702
>slightly lower quality taurus
>>
>>33360469
Where do I buy AK pistols for that cheap?
>>
File: Star Model B 9mm Luger.jpg (79KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Star Model B 9mm Luger.jpg
79KB, 500x377px
>>33361702
Star is good shit though, and Bersa is leagues ahead of Taurus.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.