[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know the name of the pole-arm that looks a lot like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

Does anyone know the name of the pole-arm that looks a lot like this?

I remember seeing it in a japanese samurai weapons and armor museum exhibit, its a lot like this fishing spear except the prongs were a lot thicker without the barbs and only about 2/3 the length.
>>
>>33355658

Trident Spearmint Gum?
>>
>>33355658
Kills Swadians good.
>>
>>33355658
Ah, the legendary fishu stabbu!
Very rare.
>>
>>33355658
There are some kinds of yari that have prominent side spikes, some of which curl upwards. However, they're not anywhere near a fishing spear level. You might be thinking of that. I've heard the word jumonji used as a descriptor of a spear somewhat similar to what I'm describing, but I'm by no means qualified to say much of anything about Japanese weaponry, so that's probably not the word that's actually used.
>>
>>33355731
>jumonji

LET THE GAME

BEGIN
>>
>>33355686
>not joining swadians and btfoing nords and veagirs
>>
File: Yari-p1000609.jpg (712KB, 1264x2492px) Image search: [Google]
Yari-p1000609.jpg
712KB, 1264x2492px
>>33355731
>>33355731
Jumonji yari (as it's name implies - shape like a ten) has a cross like blade shape. It was made famous by the Hozoin-ryu style.

Maybe OP looks for a sodegarami an arresting tool of the edo period.
>>
File: Torimono_sandogu.jpg (450KB, 1164x1164px) Image search: [Google]
Torimono_sandogu.jpg
450KB, 1164x1164px
>>33356115
>>33355658
The one in the middle is the sodegarami. Used to catch the clothes of the fleeing criminals.
>>
>>33355918
>Not taking control of the Khergit kingdom and steamrolling over the land in your own Golden Horde.
>>
>>33356124
The middle one looks close but the one i saw had just bare straight sharpened prongs
>>
>>33356186
There's lots of variation within a weapon classification, so you would probably classify it as the same thing.
>>
>>33355658
In Japthology, Koi digivolve into dragons. It's a sky fishing spear.
>>
>>33355918
>>33355686
>Not raising a Swadian/Nord army that destroys Khergit cavalry without any casualties
>>
>>33356231
Japan never actually had any wars.
They just had mass sky fishing events that went horribly wrong.
>>
>>
>>33356275
>Koei will make that a reality
>but you have to find that bathouse in osaka that has that machine
>>
>>33355658

That's a frog gig.
>>
File: Dice-5-b.svg.png (14KB, 557x557px) Image search: [Google]
Dice-5-b.svg.png
14KB, 557x557px
>>33355658
I was wrong with this image, i didnt realise they were flat.

what im referring to had the prongs in a box shape with one in the center, like the 5 side on dice.
>>
>>33356329
>>33355658
Are you sure if it was a samurai weapon? I've never heard of a Japanese polearm like that. Are you sure it just wasn't a fishing spear?

If it did exist in Japan, it had to be some obscure weapon that wasn't used very often.

Try to get ahold of a copy of "Classical Weaponry of Japan". It's got a lot of obscure Japanese weapons in it. I don't remember reading about a five prong spear in it, but mine was a library copy so I had to skim it quickly.

It could also be Chinese or some other culture. Chinese had a ton of crazy polearms.
>>
>>33356329
It's to grab and twist other swords and spears out of grip or out of the way, while still having a viable thrusting effectiveness.
>>
Where I come from we'd just call that a rake.
>>
>>33356308
So it deals double damage to the French?
>>
>>33356124
>Or women they suspected of stealing.
That is interesting though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.