[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >spend entire life never having anything worse than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>be me
>spend entire life never having anything worse than a street fight scuffle outside a bar a few times
>never needed a concealed weapon my entire life
>live in nice area
>browse /k/
>see videos of people getting mugged and murdered
>now shopping for a CC pistol
>regret buying my AR because it won't be there in the street if I need it and it's just a range toy

What'd you guys do to me?
>>
Turned you into a sane rational human being whos aware of how reality works.
>>
Showed you the real world?
Most people will never need a cc pistol, but there are times when you're being beheaded with a box cutter and your lips have been cut off while they are holding your head down (it's hard to cut through all the sinew and muscle with a short blade like a box cutter) with a galvanized steel pipe in your mouth that you'll wish you had decided to pack that day.
Also, any gun is a concealable gun with a little ingenuity.
>>
incoming story related
>be browsing amazon on saturday night
>neato a die set for my sks
>walk up dark street to 7/11
>no credit card need a disposable one
>between my house and 7/11 is a bar
>large man standing in street talking
>lets just keep walking by
>"stop acting like a tough guy"
>"i think you must be mistak-
>"pow"
>"pow"
>"what the fuck you faggot"
>"pow"
>attempt to draw knife
>dropped the fucking knife
proceeded to get hit and get taunted by a guy with easily 8" and 80 lbs on me,and then get punched in the back of the head by his friend,managed to keep distance and they walked off eventually, more to the story later on but the important message here is that i was totally unprepared to be assaulted and didnt recognize a threat,also canada so no cc or oc options,feels bad.
>>
>>33356406
No weapon can make up for failure in training.

Go do some classes.
>>
>>33356478
defensive hand to hand classes?
i might as well use snake oil as lube.
>canada
>ca na da
>c a n a d a
>>
>>33356406
Cross the f***ing street around dangerous indivs. When he calls you a racist, ignore him. If he follows you, you shout, I WAS RIIIIIIIGHT! and run like hell.
>>
Not OP here but I have a question. About how much training should I acquire before I start carrying? I shoot my Glock 19 every two weeks or so. I am no marksman but at 21 feet I can do about a 5 inch group rapid fire. I have my license but they didn't require me to take a class. What kind of classes should I look for? I can take Florida permit classes, but I have to pay out the ass for fingerprinting and that shit so that seems kind of dumb to me.

Also after seeing these almost weekly ND threads, many with glocks, I am a little bit freaked about carrying a gun without a manual safety, but the current consensus seems to be that manual safeties are for faggots.
>>
>>33357239
Manual safeties are fine if you train with them. Don't carry without one in the chamber. That can and will cost you your life in a stressful life threatening situation. If you need a gun, you need it NOW with it ready to rock. You can throw a loaded Glock across the room and it's not going to fire. It's not going to fire if you drop it. The only time it will fire is if there is mechanical input (pulling the trigger). The way to avoid NDs is to get a good holster (preferably polymer like the majority are nowadays) and to train your drawstroke.

As far as classes, if a CHP class is required then take that. You'll learn the basics there but it sounds like you've got those. Check out NRA certified instructors in your area. They're a dime a dozen so you shouldn't have any problems finding one somewhat close.
>>
>>33357286
My other gun is a Browning Hi power and the manual safety on that is very easy to engage. (I don't plan on carrying it because I don't want it getting taken away if I have to use it) I can't imagine it costing you your life if you train with it and don't have a retarded Beretta style safety. At least I can't imagine it having a higher chance of costing you your life than you do getting your glock trigger caught on something, which happens to cops all the time.

There's one firearms training center in my area. They have an NRA basic pistol course, which might be too beginner oriented for me, a concealed carry bootcamp, which seems to be only focused on the legal aspect of it and not the mechanics of drawing from a holster, and an intermediate pistol class which is 400 dollars for a 4 hour class (which is pretty damn steep if you ask me)

Also the instructor there when I talked to him seemed to only teach Appendix Carry, which I don't really want to do.
>>
>>33357150
Kek, this
>>
>>33357239
Don't fall for the hype you don't need training not to kill yourself.
Learn the fundamentals and the safety rules and learn them right from the beginning.
When you go to put your gun on in the morning put the gun in the holster and then put the holster on and then leave the gun in the holster. Don't take it out when your shitting at waffle house the holster is the guns home and it stays there.

Practise drawing the gun at home after you've cleared the chamber and magazine. Make sure you draw and present the gun with your finger off the trigger until you're on target.
Most people shoot themselves when drawing or reholstering. Practise drawing correctly and frankly just don't fuck around with reholstering too much you'll never really need to reholster at speed.

Take a local safety course if it'll make you more comfortable.
>>
>>33357389
$400 for 4 hours is stupid. I rock a G19 and I don't worry about NDs or anything. As long as you're aware of your holster (material, position, etc) and any potential barriers (clothes) that may get caught in the trigger guard you'll be fine. I personally dislike a manual safety on a handgun but it doesn't bother me on a rifle. It's funny how people will freak over a manual safety on a handgun yet they have an AR, AK, etc, or any other rifle with a manual safety.

But truthfully, you can't go wrong with basic stuff. Being a cool guy doesn't mean you know all these super secret squirrel techniques or whatever. It just means you can do the basics perfectly time after time while under stress. But fuck paying triple digits to go shoot a B8 at 15yds. I think there's an instructor locator on the nra's website. Try checking there too. There's plenty of B grade instructors (not in the sense of the quality of instruction, just their popularity) that can give you good information for a reasonable price.
>>
>>33357389
>400 dollars for a 4 hour class

yeah. High cost is the only thing keeping me back from taking like a million courses.
I really enjoy shooting and would love to do more difficult and complicated stuff, maybe get into 3 gun, take some tacticool defensive carbine courses and whatnot.

But I don't have literally thousands of dollars of disposable income. Or even hundreds.
I wish there was a way for these companies to do some sort of subsidization or some way to bring the costs down for people, but I think they're kind of using the entry cost as a barrier against low income people because they don't want to be teaching ethnic_name how to survive the 7/11 shootout or effectively clear the house he's robbing. Which I understand. I don't have an answer.
>>
>>33356483
Go to a boxing gym. You'll be taught by better and more experienced fighters you'll know what you're capable of because, ya know, you have to fight l.
>>
>>33357488
Ok thanks. I might as well take the NRA pistol course. I might already know a lot of the stuff but it can't hurt.
>>
>>33357490
I don't think the pros jack their prices up because that. I just think they do it because they can. People like Haley, Vickers, Chapman, etc are big names and have the popularity behind them, enough so that someone is willing to pay $800 to train with them. Shit, if I had the disposable income then I sure would. They've been there and done that and have slayed on and off the field (yes, even Snickers).
>>
>>33356406
Lol u ain't gon be actin tough no more huh? Lol

>>33357150
>>33357392

Lol what pussys I bet yall cross the street when U
see a black guy

>>33357239
Stop being a faggot and carry the glock I carry glock 19 like u in appendix carry.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.