[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, idiot here. I'm looking to buy my first gun, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

Hey /k/, idiot here.

I'm looking to buy my first gun, and from my range visits, I love the CZ 75. I'm also a college student paying my own way through, so I'm on a super tight budget. The thing is, to me, cz's are getting a little harder to find for a decent price. When I first started looking, I had no money, and they were ~$500. Now a lot of them are $600+, from what I've seen. Last I checked, my LGS had one for $520 in December.

I've managed to save up $560 since then, and have just this week to jump on it (provided the LGS has it, and there's a 3-day wait, yay IL) before I go back to college. However, $560 can be used for a lot of other things, and I don't "need" a gun at the moment.
>need
Anyway, should I just run forward and get the CZ as an impulse buy? Or should I be less cavalier with my finances and just wait til later after I get a job, possibly shelling out $100 extra? It just seems like CZs are getting scarce.

I'm pretty dead set on a CZ75, might consider a P01/SP01 variant, but I'm not considering clones (Canik?). And I'm definitely going to own one later, it's just a matter of how soon.

Pic semi-related
>>
File: 1418847062653.jpg (26KB, 290x273px) Image search: [Google]
1418847062653.jpg
26KB, 290x273px
If you dont have a job I would wait or get something cheaper cause youre gonna need to feed this thing and buy it nice pachmayer grips and a case and a lock etc
>>
>>33354140

why not consider a Tanfoglio?

on the competition scene they're as popular as CZs.
>>
>>33354147
I have a job at a machining lab, but after rent and food and loan stuff, I've got $40 leftover at the end of the month for savings/fun. It's a small amount for sure, and I'm also trying to save up for a new computer, so getting the cz now would delay that.

>>33354157
I dunno, brand rep and snobbery maybe? I might consider them
>>
>>33354140
You could try to get a poly CZ if you're willing to flex a little more on what to get. Same performance and CZ brand in a lighter and cheaper package. You should have money left over after getting it too.
>>
>>33354140
Man I saved up to buy an AR and now that I have, I've realized I have no real use for it other than it being a range toy. I can't ethically put down a deer with it, it's too big for rabbits and I don't really care to hunt coyotes.

I'd advise you to ask yourself what you really want a gun for. If I could go back I'd spend half as much as I did on my AR and buy a CC piece instead.

I'm just waiting on prices to go up again and I'll sell mine and maybe make 100 bucks or so.
>>
>>33354725
You mean like the p07 and p09? I did give those a look, but I'm being picky about aesthetic as well. I don't "need" one bad enough to buy any gun, I'd rather wait for the one I really want. To be honest, I'm not really going to be shooting it much for a year and a half. Thanks for the suggest though!
>>
>>33354140
Buy used glawk. If you want HD consider a $200 m500
>>
>>33354756
Well, I'm getting the CZ, probably for a lifetime's use as a range toy, home defense, and if I opt for the P01, a CCW. It'd be a versatile purchase for sure, and it'd also be my first and only for a long while. It's mainly a matter of when Ill get it. I'm just getting a little antsy since availability seems to be going down, prices seem to be going up, and I finally have barely enough money to snag one at an okay price. However, I don't see myself really using it much for the near future. The range is kinda far, and the campus is a no-guns area. I guess I'm looking for financial advice hahaha
>>
>>33354837
Well idk what your major is but I'm in med school right now so I'm incredibly broke. But in a couple of years I'm going to be making enough money that even if say.. a CZ ended up going up to 700-800 rather than 500, it'll be 700 I can spend comfortably rather than pinching my shekels and eating ramen up to 500.
>>
>>33354890
I guess that's another thing I was thinking about. I'm (attempting to be) studying Aero Engineering, so ideally, I'd be making enough money to, as you said, comfortably spend more on a gun relative to now. Technically, I'm not exactly starving myself to have saved this much, but it's still relative to income. Good point!
>>
>>33354140

Just get a cheap CCW and call it a day
>>
File: image.png (494KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
494KB, 1242x2208px
I trust this gun to save my life everyday, most reliable handgun I've yet to own in my life (18 yo), Great CZ clone in my opinion...
>>
>>33354140
get a P-07 or P-09. you wont regret.
>>
>>33355079
Plus amazing trigger for a polymer gun...
>>
File: skeptical dana.jpg (17KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical dana.jpg
17KB, 400x261px
>>33355079
>most reliable handgun I've yet to own in my life (18 yo)
>>
>>33355049
Noted, but I won't be able to CC for a while. Campus isn't exactly unsafe, my classes are small and I know most of my classmates, so I have no real reason to break the gun-free mandates. >>33355084
Since I don't have a huge amount of money, I'd rather spend a little more on something I really want, than spend less on something I don't like as much. It's not an urgent purchase.
>>
>>33354140
Don't rush your first purchase or you'll regret it, especially if there are other things you need to buy.
I'll probably get flak since this is a weapons board, but unless you live in the ghetto or some other crime-heavy cesspool, a gun should be one of the lowest things on your priority list. If you can barely afford the gun right now, it'll be a waste of a purchase since you still need money for ammo and cleaning supplies and all the other upkeep that comes with gun ownership and training.

>It just seems like CZs are getting scarce
CZ is falling behind on manufacturing demand, but they'll bounce back. They're a popular brand and a popular model, they won't just vanish like that.

>I'm not considering clones
You should if money's as tight as you make it sound, especially with a CZ75 design. It's one of the most copied designs around, and as such there have to be at least a few good clones. Tanfoglio and the like are great for the price and they've worked just as well as legit CZs for decades. It's your first gun, brand faggotry can come later.
>>
>>33354140
Can you afford it? If yes then buy it. If not, then don't. You're supposed to be smart, mister college man, use your head and stop trying to circle jerk on /k/ since none of your friends give a shit.
>>
>>33355212
Yeah, I guess it's better to wait. Thanks for the clarity, it's more of an impulsive urge.

One of my friends also in the market for a new gun (without the budget restrictions) told me that there was going to be a new "wave" of imports from CZ, is this more than some bullshit rumour?

I'll definitely consider the tanfoglio, if it's as good as people say then.

>>33355227
>supposed to be smart
:(
>>
>>33355284
Impulse buys are fun and exciting, but only if you have the wiggle room for it.
Yes many guns are sold in waves since they're made and imported in big, spread out batches rather based on the known demand for them at the time. If the guns are still on their production lineup, like the 75B, then it's only a matter of time before a dealer near you gets a few sent their way.
>>
>>33355318
Good to know, thanks! I'm just going to assume/hope that the 75B and/or the 75 P01 are popular demand items.
>>
>>33354140
CZ are expensive unfortunately
Most are $600+
I suggest a p-01 Omega
Small and light enough to CC
Excellent trigger
Nice range gun

Pic is my sp-01 that I carry

If you want a nicer gun, a nicer Tangfolo are around $800
And have an incredible trigger
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.