[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apart from aesthetics / mag size / mounts etc, what's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Apart from aesthetics / mag size / mounts etc, what's the mechanical difference between the AS Val and the Vintorez? Or are they of the same platform?
>>
>>33345694
On a related note, is there any truth to the hype about the high performance armor piercing ability of 9x39?
Going sanic fast is the primary method of punching deep holes in hard things and the 9x39 is subsonic.
Is it relative to other subsonic cartridges compared against soft armor or is it genuinely a good armor piercing round?
>>
>>33345694
They're both fucking gay.
>>
>>33345694
>>33345719

First question: Little to none. Trigger on the Vintorez is probably a bit better, but as no one on here has ever handled one or the other no one knows.

Second question: It's compared to other subsonics.
>>
>>33345694
Vintorez is good, but the ammo is scarce unless you're mostly fighting Monolith. Since that doesn't happen until the last act, I recommend you put it away and save it until you head to Pripyat.
>>
>>33345760
top kek
>>
File: SR-3M_right_view.jpg (2MB, 2250x1448px) Image search: [Google]
SR-3M_right_view.jpg
2MB, 2250x1448px
None. AS, VSS and SR-3 are all the same gun bar the stock and cocking handle
>>
File: SR-3 Vikhr.jpg (90KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
SR-3 Vikhr.jpg
90KB, 1280x853px
>>
>>33346269
Sexy as fuck.
>>
The VSS is said to use better barrels than the rest, but I cant imagine that means a whole lot when all of them have barrels only a few inches long and with a bunch of holes drilled in them.
>>
>>33345719
The weapon was designed to fulfill a niche anti-material role so go figure.
>>
File: P1010533.jpg (136KB, 557x473px) Image search: [Google]
P1010533.jpg
136KB, 557x473px
>>33345694
early VSS are striker fire gun

late VSS are slide hammer gun

all AS val are striker fire gun

VSS is manufactured with tigher tolerance and the QC is more hard

>>33346269
that is a Val with a SBR kit, not SR-3

>>33346293
the rifling is different, ammunition are interchangeable though

http://gunrf.ru/rg_patron_9x39_eng.html
>>
File: DSC05655.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05655.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>33345780
SR-3 have new design gas system due to the shorter barrel and it is not suppressed
>>
>>33345719
only the armor piercing rounds have good armor piercing

i think sp6 would be one of those rounds.

I want a AS Val so much man
>>
>>33347851
>those tooling marks
Goddamn, I'd hate to see what the 9A-91 looks like up close.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.