[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goddammit. Why is my CZ pulling bullets out of their cases?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: 20170317_232915.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170317_232915.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Goddammit.

Why is my CZ pulling bullets out of their cases?

I was doing some reloading drills and now there's powder everywere. This is the second time this happened too. What the fuck.
>>
>>33343834
That's weird. What ammo? Reloads?
>>
>>33343834
Why are you running drills with live ammo?
How old is the ammo?
Reloads or factory?
Brand?
>>
>>33343862
>Why are you running drills with live ammo?
Prepare for anothe nd thread.
>>
>>33343852
>>33343862
>>33343873
I don't have dummy rounds, I just **never** chamber it. I didn't think just pulling magazines would do anything. Unless you think guns can shoot on their own.

Two different factory loads. Last time I assumed it was bad ammo; cause it was Winchester Whitebox. That's the brass round you see in the picture. It got pulled a bit, but didn't spill out, so I tried to reseat it. Didn't work, so I just kept the round separated from the rest.

This time it was Federal Aluminum cased stuff.
>>
File: 8301.gif (989KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
8301.gif
989KB, 500x375px
>>33343834
>Why is my CZ pulling bullets out of their cases?
Because your slav shit is homo sex. It wants to pull things just like jacking off a cock you homersexual cunt. You may be the single biggest fagot to ever post on 4chan. Congratulations
>>
>>33343886
So you're not chambering it, all you're doing is putting the magazine in and taking it out? There's no slide action, no extraction, etc?
>>
>>33343904
Yes. I was doing drills to get the mags out of my pockets and into the gun.
>>
>>33343909
Strange one. I'm going to go ahead and figure it's always the top round in the magazine that's popping off.

Doesn't really make that much sense, first thing that comes to mind is a mix of bad ammo and operator error. How many times can you run the drill before this happens?

How smooth is your reload? Maybe a combination of rounds that aren't fitted all that well being jostled in your pocket and then the round getting hit and jostled around on the mag well when you go to insert.

Regardless order some snap caps.
>>
>>33343909
>Yes. I was doing drills to get the mags out of my pockets and into the gun.
Fucking mall ninja loser. You will never operate no matter how much you fantasize about being the hero. you are a sad little manlet and we all know it.
>>
>>33343938
It doesn't always happen. I run the drill when I'm just browsing /k/, so it takes a while.

Yeah, I guess I gotta get some snaps now...Might make a dummy round out of this one if I can pop out the primer.
>>
>>33343834
It it brand fucking new? I'm guessing you haven;t shot it even once, and the bore is still tight from being new.
>>
File: 1483692574108.png (495KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
1483692574108.png
495KB, 800x602px
>>33343834
>> Winchester Whitebox
>> Federal ALUMINIUM
>> blame gun not the shit ammo
>>
Get some snap caps you fucktard.
>>
>>33343957
I think it's probably just the rounds getting jostled around. If the gun is functioning normally at the range I wouldn't be worried. Nothing in the gun should be putting any pressure on the round.

I'm sure someone here will advise against it, but you can load the empty case with primer and fire it rather than trying to fuck with the primer. Without reloading tools pushing the primer out is probably going to end up with you setting it off.

Be warned, the primer alone is pretty loud and it may throw a spark out the muzzle, so treat it safely. It's also loud enough that if you're in apartment someone might wonder what's going on.

Then I'd mark the round with a sharpie as inert, throw a BB or something in it that will rattle when you shake it, and put it back together.
>>
How the hell do I get the primer out of this case?
>>
>>33344016
To add to this, if you fire the primer, do not have the bullet in the case. It will have enough force to push the bullet into your barrel then,best case, you fuck around to get that out, worst case, you forget and squib round blows your gun up.

If you fire the primer, just the case, no bullet.
>>
>>33343964
I haven't fired it much yet, but I've put about 100 rounds through it.

>>33344016
Thanks... My area is pretty high crime, might wait until range-day to shoot it off, don't want the cops to get called.
>>
>>33344037
I have a CZ-83 from the 2015 limited production run, and some shitlord game some cheap ammo to test out, and it jammed in, because the bore was unshot and CZ's factory new bores are tight.

Shoot it more and it will be fine. Also get some snap caps and stop cycling live ammo at home. Administrative fuckery results in NDs.
>>
>>33343964
>the bore is still tight from being new.

Good Lord, You think the chamber ir "tight" because it's new?

When is the last time you fucking cleaned your gun, OP?

Fucking dipshits. You need to be disarmed.
>>
File: 1489032119562.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1489032119562.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
>>33343834
>reloading drills
>with live ammo
>>
>>33344218
it is literally a thing with new guns. You should try not being noguns sometime
>>
>>33343886
dont "reseat" the rounds, unless you have calipers and a press. you could create a compressed load and increased pressures in your gun.

english? you could damage your gun. just throw them away unless your a reloader.
>>
>>33344242
>it is literally a thing with new guns.

"tight bores" or chambers? Like they will "stretch with firing? How fucking stupid are you? Really? Keep going, dumbshit, I want more laughs.
>>
>>33344242
No it's not. The bore is the most precisely machined part of the weapon. It's not meant to "adjust."

You're either a lying troll or you never cleaned the gun when you got it and it's packed with oil and now carbon.
>>
>>33343964
stop posting.
>>
>>33344266
>Like they will "stretch with firing?
No, the metal will wear. and the chamber will open up.

Are you, by chance, clinically retarded?
>>
>>33344288
>No, the metal will wear. and the chamber will open up.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!
>>
>>33344275
>hey is your bore new
>yep my bore is new

but yeah, I'm definitely not correct, but it's magical fairly jamming his bore.
>>
>>33344288
please stop posting...
>>
>>33344296
So I'll take that as a yes.
>>
>>33344288

If you actually own a firearm, you need to have your keeper take it from you and put it in a safe place. Seriously.
>>
File: IMG_2620.jpg (30KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2620.jpg
30KB, 225x350px
I've had the same thing happen to me, it's because it's Federal aluminum case, my CZ has had them break inside it but no other types of ammo have
>>
File: 64513786.jpg (37KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
64513786.jpg
37KB, 225x225px
>>33344301
dat fudd lore.
>>
>>33344321
But it also happened with Winchester Whitebox
>>
>>33344311

Fucking retard. Fuck off. Gun ownership gets restricted because of fucking ignorant fools like you.
>>
>>33344323
do you not believe in metal wear, or new guns? I'm not sure if you quite understand how guns work.
>>
>>33344338
Consider drinking bleach.
>>
>>33344345
Consider finishing junior high. Unarmed.
>>
>>33344335
WW is also nigger-tier poverty ammo.
>>
Grow up kid.
>>
>>33344354
What ammo should I get then. I'm a jobless student. I had Blaser Brass last time and it worked fine.
>>
>>33344369
So then buy Blaser Brass again. There's a variety of reasons why shit can go wrong. If you find something that works though, then keep doing it.

Realistically, you bought a meme gun, probably because you read too much Gunsmith Cats or "LOL CZECHNOLOGY!11!one" threads on /k/ and now you have no idea why your second-hand slavshit is shitting up with your hobo ammo. I feel for you, but make the best of your situation while you're jobless and poor.
>>
>>33344352
Clinical levels of projection here.
>>
>>33343834
It's a new gun, shoot it more. It will be fine.
>>
>>33344339
please tell the aviation mechanic about fucking metal and how it works.

you do understand youre talking about fucking brass wearing away at tempered steel right? you do understand that it takes THOUSANDS of rounds of copper to even mildly effect the bore by scraping down it at over 1000fps, so why the fuck would copper gently sliding into a chamber bigger than the diameter of the copper cause wear in any reasonable amount as to affect how easily a round fucking inserts into the chamber?

like seriously mother fucker tell me, i want to know specifics, if youre going to be a fucking ignorant shit head spreading disinformation at least have something to back up your claims.
>>
>>33344409
agreed
>>
>>33344354
>WW is also nigger-tier poverty ammo.

Sounds like the advice of the cunt that thinks a chamber that pulls the bullets off a shell, "just needs to be broken in."

Modern brass and aluminum cases are usually good. Steel cases are nigger tier.
>>
>>33344400
I bought the gun after doing a good deal of research. I know I don't like Polymer guns, they feel awkard in my hands and I can't shoot them as well.

I've fired several 1911's and HiPowers and know I can shoot them well. My final decision was between the CZ or a SIG because I wanted a double stack modern 9mm. I went with the CZ because it was less expensive.

You assume a lot.
>>
>>33344401

No projection, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>33344416
Wow an aviation mechanic? tell me how that's fucking relevant to this discussion at all?

It's not just brass wearing the throat of the chamber it's the pressure from the exploding gunpowder and the cartridge moving down the barrel as 1200 FPS.

Your GI bill education has failed you.
>>
>>33344441
>Wow an aviation mechanic? tell me how that's fucking relevant to this discussion at all?

He's right. You know nothing.
>>
>>33344454
Great counter argument there. I guess throat wear is a myth.
>>
>>33344441
if the chamber was effected negativly by the explosive pressures guns would explode all the time, your a fucking retard.

give me a link bud, give me a source, ONE ounce of proof.

>pro tip: you wont
>>
>>33344463
Google "throat erosion" and consider going back to school if this was too complex a topic for you.
>>
>>33344459
>Great counter argument there. I guess throat wear is a myth.

Do you honestly think that a chamber that pulls bullets off a shell just needs to be broken in, and that firing some rounds will fix it?

Your a fucking ignorant fool that has NO common sense, much less knows ANYTHING about firearms.
>>
I have seen NIB CZ handguns literally do this with cheap ammo until they're broken in past 500 rounds.

You can disagree if you want, but you're just being retarded,
>>
>>33344478
>Do you honestly think that a chamber that pulls bullets off a shell just needs to be broken in, and that firing some rounds will fix it?
When you put it like that, you clearly have a point.
>>
File: 1466542247358.gif (3MB, 635x348px) Image search: [Google]
1466542247358.gif
3MB, 635x348px
>>33344476
that takes over 5 thousand rounds in most cases, and thats not the chamber you fucking moron thats the landings meeting the bore being eroded.

your argument is fucking retarded and changes by the second, how about you fucking google your own shit before you come in here trying to act like you know shit.
>>
>>33344489
>I have seen NIB CZ handguns literally do this with cheap ammo until they're broken in past 500 rounds.

There are some other idiots like you who will try a misfiring guns for 500 rounds? Really? Think so?
>>
>>33344506
landings meeting the chamber*

ugh fuck off either way. >>33344476
>>
>>33344499
>When you put it like that, you clearly have a point.

No fucking shit, you cum drooling moron.
>>
>>33344499
just kys and stop posting.
>>
>>33344508
hes a fucking idiot.
>>
>samefag here claiming that throat erosion is fuddlore
>throat erosion is about round count, not heat and metal spec

One thing is for sure, if you are an aviation mechanic, you're a shitty one.
>>
>>33344529
>One thing is for sure, if you are an aviation mechanic, you're a shitty one.

rub copper and steel together, which do you think will wear away faster than the other?
>>
>>33344548
>ignoring heat
>ignoring speed

You really are not good at your job are you?
>>
File: covetousdemon.png (140KB, 337x228px) Image search: [Google]
covetousdemon.png
140KB, 337x228px
>>33343964
>>33344288
this is some quality bait or you're 12
>>
>>33344529
>he thinks theres samefagging going on
you really are a fucking idiot...
>>
>>33344559
not me dip shit.
>>
>>33344567
To be fair, yes, it is quality bait, and the resounding response has been "yes I am clinically retarded"
>>
>>33344591
find a cliff.
jump.
>>
>>33344559
>You really are not good at your job are you?

Not the fag you're arguing with, but I must say that you are a complete imbecile and are close to becoming a meme level laugher due to your foolish ignorance.

Keep arguing. I'm only amazed by your stupidity, I want to be stunned.
>>
>>33343834
Repeatedly cycling the same round over and over can cause it to float in or out of its seating, usually setback, unless its touching the lands at the throat, which can pull rounds out. Dont cycle live ammo for fun.

Throat erosion is mostly caused by the hot gasses, this varies depending on the specific propellant, the jacket material, and the material properties of the chamber, though this should take at least hundreds of rounds if not thousands to produce a measurable difference in a handgun. Chamber specs do not change significantly during a barrels lifetime.

Stop cycling live ammo OP.
>>
>>33344604
Explain how throat erosion is fuddlore more plz.

My sides are waiting.
>>
>>33344617
Because your mom has sucked literally millions of dicks, and her throat is still as tight as it was when she was 12.
>>
>>33344617
>Explain how throat erosion is fuddlore more plz.

>tard has a newish gun
>bullets are pulled off the shell while cycling
>total retard jumps in thread, claims that bore will magically enlarge after firing some unknown number of rounds
>clearly pointed out to fucktard that it doesn't happen
>fucktard ignores that a malfunctioning gun is unsafe
>Fucktard still argues

kek
>>
>>33344656
Wow, I guess throat erosion really is a myth, and all those people that claim that precision rifle barrels are shot out after 1K rounds are just "FUDDS"

HUH, I really learned something new on this here Mongolian alpaca taming academy.

>>33343834
Just shoot the thing and stop fiddling with live ammo at home and you'll be fine.
>>
>>33344668

Cycling amo pu;;s the bullet off the shell, and your advice is to shoot it?

Good God, you're a reason for restrictive guns laws. I hope you get hit by a bus. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>33344683

Let me try to explain this in very simple terms.

On most straight wall pistol factory ammo there is no crimp. The only thing holding the bullet in position is neck tension. When a magazine is inserted and the slide is released the the cartridge is just sitting there, minding its own business existing, when its struck from behind with force like a hammer blow. The heaviest component is the bullet, and since objects at rest stay at rest, it does not 'want' to move and it can defeat the neck tension and be pushed further into the case. When the slide suddenly (immediately, cushioned only by the give in your hand flesh) stops, and the object now in motion (bullet) 'wants' to stay in motion, this inertia can also defeat neck tension and slingshot the bullet forward. If it hits the lands hard enough for them to grab it a bit it could be pulled out of the case when cycled, or if the lands are deep enough and the projectile short enough (unlikely scenario in 9mm) the projectile could in theory leave the case. Or, the bullet is super super shallow at the end of the case mouth when removed and falls out on removal/handling. Anyhow, aluminum cases have less neck tension than brass, so they're more likely suspects, and if particular rounds are being repeatedly cycled these forces have a cumulative effect.

So yes, he should just shoot his gun, and not play with live ammo like toys.
>>
>>33344668
if their bore is shot out at 1k rounds, they dont have a precision rifle, they bout a remington 700 and claim to compete.
>>
>>33344750
let me explain this in simple terms: the OP never dropped the slide.
>>
>>33344750

So, you're saying that if a new firearm doesn't properly extract a live round, and pulls the bullet off the shell, that the safe and logical thing to do is take that firearm out and shoot it.

Your tripfag is GunCat? I'll remember that.

Fucking ignorant retard.
>>
>>33344987
He's saying that rather than play with live ammo just go out and use it.
OP said he was playing with it an d never even chambered it.
>>
>>33344513
>>33344515
That's rude. I'm not that other moron. Why the hell doesn't /k/ have IDs?
>>
>>33344998
>OP said he was playing with it an d never even chambered it.

Oh, so the bullet just fell off the shell?

lol, another fucking retard.
>>
>>33345006
Do you really think OP would do that? Just go on /k/ and lie?
>>
>>33345018

Of course not. Every time I check on my ammo, lots of bullets just fall off their shells.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.