[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ wondering what is a /k/ approved attack/guard dog,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 275x183px
Hey /k/ wondering what is a /k/ approved attack/guard dog, and recommendations?
>>
>>33343543
I've got a GSD that's pretty well trained. I think it's rather funny to watch her slip into 'work mode'.
>>
>>33343543
Rhodesian Ridgeback
>>
>>33343543
Akita
>>
Any of the Sennenhunds, especially the Appenzeller Sennenhund. Really any cattle/sheep dog are excellent watch dogs, and if they're large enough are good guard dogs too.
>>
>>33343572
Iv'e got a friend who owns one of those, she's a mean little pupper, but weighs like 100 fucking pounds and will bite the living shit out of you if you don't live there
>>
>>33343600
heard on guys got of its leash and went out a killed a fucking deer
>>
Doberman Pinscher. Never seen a dog instinctively sweep a yard before I got mine. He goes to every single gate and make sure everything is good before going back into "dog mode".

Don't buy into liberal bullshit and keep it's ears natural either, otherwise you'll be dealing with ear infection after ear infection.
>>
>>33343613
If i'm not mistaken Akitas were specially train to hunt Asian black bear in Japan, those Japs sure do know how to breed a dog.
>>
I grew up around Akitas and my perspective is that you shouldn't trust a dog's judgement to determine who to bite. Don't associate a higher level of intelligence to it than you should because you don't know how to raise a well behaved dog and it's aggressive behavior is "it being a guard dog". It'll get someone bit, the dog out down, and your ass in a lawsuit. Let the dog make you aware of shit, and you go take care of it. I'm tired of stupid fucking owners with GSD's that can't behave like a normal fucking dog because they have to be on edge 24/7 with anyone they haven't been slowly introduced to. That's not a well trained dog, that's a dog that hasn't properly been socialized.
>>
>>33344115
Thanks for fucking my shit up, autocorrect.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.