[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm probably a stupid faggot for not knowing the answer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: 123123123.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
123123123.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
I'm probably a stupid faggot for not knowing the answer to this, but I recently purchased Galco's "kingtuk IWB" holster. I'm having a couple issues with it. I keep /poorly/ attempting to practice drawing. And a good portion of the time, the holster comes out with the gun. I don't understand how the hell only the gun is supposed to come out when there's so much retention in the holster. Speaking of which, it seems to be wearing off a lot of bluing. Like almost scratching it off. Is this normal? I've never owned a kydex holster before, so I'm not sure what's even happening.

Anyway, tips, tricks, education very welcome. Honestly I was looking for a great EDC holster that would be really concealed and comfortable, but I can't confidently carry when I feel the holster is gonna come out with the gun.
>>
You need a gun belt - they are stiffer and more importantly thicker so there is a ledge for clips, my rec is https://www.copsplus.com/safariland-1-50-wide-leather-plainclothes-belt
>>
>>33343075
Okay, so if there's more belt to grab onto, the holster won't come out with the gun?
>>
>>33343624
different anon here, a good belt really helps, but I've had pretty good luck with $15 ones from walmart, the thicker and stiffer the better.

also as far as holster wear on the gun's finish, it happens. It's a carry gun, not a show gun. If the finish is pristine then you arent practicing/using it enough
>>
op is kill?
>>
>>33343654
I'll try that. It didn't come with any kind of manual but I supposed looking on the interweb somewhere would do just as well.
>>33343684
And yeah, I don't care about it looking pretty. But I'm almost worried about it wearing off entirely in a specific few spots.
>>33343984
op is live...for now
>>
>>33343047
Get a a stiff belt that matches the belt loop size of your holster. Most kydex holsters have a screw that allows you to adjust the level of retention, loosen that up a bit as well.

Kydex will fuck up your finish, as will routine use. Don't worry about it, it's not a heirloom quality 1911.
>>
>>33343047
Buy an Alien Gear. You can adjust the tension.
>>
>>33344571
the Kingtuk that OP has is already better than an AG.
>>
>>33344600
Except for the non-adjustable tension part, right?
>>
>>33343047
>And a good portion of the time, the holster comes out with the gun
you need a real belt
> it seems to be wearing off a lot of bluing. Like almost scratching it off. Is this normal?
yes
>>
>>33344665
>yes
Um, no

Maybe after an extensive amount of draws, and then not "scratching" it off.
>>
>>33344083
I have a crossbreed minituck, very similar to yours. I've had it for about 6 months along with a new XD-s. There is some wear on the finish along the top right of the slide from the ejection port to the front of the slide, down to bare metal in a couple small places. cant really tell unless you look close. I know quite a few people with kydex holsters and various guns and such wear is pretty normal.
>>
>>33344677
>>33344680
It's genuinely scratching it off. I saw bluing actually worn off entirely along the top right angle on the slide, just a big line. Not sure if the fit is too tight or what the hell I can do. Wouldn't imagine Galco has too many manufacturing flaws, but it seems like this is more than normal.
>>
>>33344690
i couldnt say for sure without seeing a pic or something. but if it's already worn off then there's no need worrying about it.
>>
>>33344690
I'd contact Galco about it. If their product has damaged your gun, they need to fix it.
>>
>>33344677
bluing is not a very strong finish its normal for wear patterns to appear when rubbing on kydex
>>
>>33344711
lol good luck with that. im sure they will buy him a new gun and give him $1000000 for emotional damages.
>>
>>33344717
Yes, but not scratching.
>>
>>33344722
Did I say replace? No, I said repair. Reading comprehension.
>>
>>33344723
splitting hairs isnt going to change the reality that things wear with time and use.
>>
>>33344737
It's not splitting hairs, it's a significant difference.
>>
>>33344729
and i was being sarcastic by saying they are just as likely to "fix it" as they are to buy him a new gun and give him lots of monies. neither will happen.
>>
>>33344744
maybe in your mind they are much different, but for purposes of a frivolous lawsuit they are the same
>>
>>33344745
You'd be surprised.

>>33344752
Who has said anything about a lawsuit?
>>
>>33344754
>Who has said anything about a lawsuit?
that's the only way you could try to get them to fix or compensate for the damage, as their product is not defective.
>>
>>33344765
exactly

>Because we have no control over the use of our products, all Galco products are sold as is and "with all faults". The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the product is with the buyer. Should the product prove defective following its purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire risk of all necessary servicing or repairs. Under no circumstances shall Galco be liable for incidental or consequential damages, such as loss of use of property, commercial loss and loss of earnings or profits.
>>
>>33344754
at most they would refund him $ for the holster or replace it a new one.
>>
>>33344557
Kydex is much easier on a guns finish then rough-in leather.
>>
>>33344571
Shut up you fucking nogunz moron
>>
ITT (other than OP)

People who have literally never used a fucking gun holster
>>
>>33344821
Ive never heard of fucking holsters. are they a new brand/company?
>>
I've actually been hoping to see a little bit of holster wear on my glock. I've had it for 2 years now, so it's no longer something I baby. I just want to keep it sufficiently lubed and clean.

Sadly, my holster doesn't seem to do much wear. I don't know why but when black coatings wear off and show the raw metal underneath, I think the result is /aesthetic/. It's only got a bit of wear on the slide lock. Sad.
>>
>>33344835
yeah im also a fan of the "battle worn" look on guns. more so if it is from actual wear and not otherwise customized/from the factory. adds character and uniqueness. The black is just a thin coating, like melonite. it helps protect the bare metal underneath but it's not invincible.

if you wanted to you could easily add fake wear patterns or accentuate the ones already there. but it entails intentionally damaging and lowering the value of your $500 gun.
>>
>>33344893
Yeah, I'll just let it happen naturally. It's just a glock, so it's never going to have the gritty look of, say, a sig with holster wear. I love the gun, but it's just not a real looker in that way.
>>
>>33344907
i know what you mean. I'm not a fan of black on black on black guns, especially handguns, i like contrast. I love black polymer pistols with stainless slides. I'm fine with paying a bit more. had no apprehension about paying $25 more for my XD-s with the gray lower instead of the regular black
>>
>>33344804
Still rapes the finish where it contacts the gun. Kydex is all around better than leather. It contacts the gun less, doesn't retain moisture, wont wear out as fast, is thinner, and is lighter (I think). Every holster will fuck up the finish of a gun, such is life.
>>
More like kingcuk
>>
>>33344765
If it's SCRATCHING the gun, it's defective.
>>
Anyone here have experience with Osborn holsters in Texas? I needed a decent iwb holster for my glock 20 and they had a 15% off code and good reviews.
>>
>>33343047
I love sentences that start with "I'm probably a stupid faggot". I didn't read your thread but if that's how you start it, yeah probably.
>>
File: IMG_0938.jpg (38KB, 426x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938.jpg
38KB, 426x438px
>>33345647
Kek
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.