[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If FDNY EMT Arroyo was concealed carrying any of the following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

>Glock 26 Gen 3 (9MM)
>Springfield XDs .45. ...
>Smith & Wesson M&P 40C. ...
>Ruger LCRx .38 Special. ...
>Taurus PT111. ...
>SCCY CPX-II. ...
>Beretta Nano. ...
>Bersa Thunder .380.
>any single barrel derringer
>any form taser
>any kind of baton
>some form of pepper spray

Feel free to post any other weapons EMT Arroyo was not allowed to carry on her person that would have made the difference in her death.
>>
File: article-emt-70-0316[1].jpg (35KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
article-emt-70-0316[1].jpg
35KB, 750x500px
>>33335847
bump
>>
>>33335847
CHRIS NO!
>>
>>33335847
Also this is a pretty pointless thread desu OP. What point are you trying to make other than ensuring retards don't put themselves in harms way, particularly when they are nowhere near physically capable of apprehending anybody. Tipping my fedora hand but look at her.
>>
This is the EMT that got killed in NY right?

Her and her partner (female EMT too) got attacked by crazy drugged guy and he killed her.
>>
>>33336863

Wow Asshole great post.

I'm a courier in Maine and I concealed carry in case shit like this happens.
>>
>>33336877

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JroJbnc3kuc
>>
>>33336863

EMTs should definitely be able to concealed carry based on the job they perform. They pretty must do the same thing as cops besides the whole not enforcing law. They definitely serve and protect.

FDNY issues outside the uniform body armor and under the uniform body armor.
>>
Conceal carrying as an EMT is kinda looked down upon for several reasons.

One of the first things they teach you when becoming an EMT is being able to do risk assessment and realize when a situation is dangerous and leave them scene when appropriate until police have secured it. Also your job is to save lives, it's somewhat understandable if people look at you weird for carrying a machine designed for killing, regardless if it's justified or not.
>>
>>33337633

Yea thats stupid. There are doctors that concealed carry in hospitals.

Just because they teach you stupid training doesn't mean they get to ignore your 2nd Amendment rights.
>>
File: junkie scum.png (389KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
junkie scum.png
389KB, 1366x768px
>literally dindu nuffin
pottery
>>
>>33336894
>calling the ground "the floor"

These people vote.
>>
>>33336894
Wait, so he stole the ambulance? How did they not notice this?

A gun wasn't going to save them from getting run over.
>>
>>33337819
go back to /pol/

this is EMT concealed carry discussion.
>>
File: WDIVEMT1[1].jpg (35KB, 486x434px) Image search: [Google]
WDIVEMT1[1].jpg
35KB, 486x434px
>>33337976

He stole the ambulance after he attacked the EMTs
>>
>>33337987
>>33337819
Says there they got out and he jumped in.
>>
>>33337676
>There are doctors that concealed carry in hospitals.
give me a source
>>
EMTs carrying is a lawsuit waiting to happen and I'm gonna guess most Police Unions are against the very idea
>>
>>33338015

A psychiatrist concealed carrying stopped the shooter.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Mercy-Fitzgerald-Hospital-on-Lockdown-268489642.html
>>
>>33338023

So that means the 2nd Amendment doesn't exist? You alright m8? Any history of brain damage in your family?
>>
File: images[1].jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>>33337991

He was riding on the back step of the ambulance, what did you expect them to do, keep going?
>>
>>33337819
>gonzales
>I dindu nuthin

What is it, niggerwetbackstein?
>>
>>33338081
If he's Puerto Rican, he's a Black person with pale skin.
>>
>>33336919
EMTs should not be in a dangerous area until police give them permission to access the crime scene. But none the less, EMTs should be able to choose for themselves if they need to conceal carry.
>>
>>33338315

>ididntreadthenewsarticlejustwantedtointerjectmyopinion.jpg
>>
>>33335847
Story? Some fag killed nurse while in not healthy truck?
>>
>>33338320
>greentext

But seriously, a majority of the time EMTs don't need to conceal carry unless they are working in a shitty area.
>>
>>33338052
take it up with cops friend
>>
>>33337977
You need to /pol/ your head out of your ass.
>>
>>33337633
The "do no harm" and "your job is to save lives" is pointless if you're dead. One dead drug addict < one dead EMT. Sometimes you're in too deep to retreat and call the cops.
>>
>>33337633
>it's somewhat understandable if people look at you weird for carrying a machine designed for killing, regardless if it's justified or not.

That is why it's conceal carry.

>One of the first things they teach you when becoming an EMT is being able to do risk assessment and realize when a situation is dangerous and leave them scene when appropriate until police have secured it.

This cannot always be done with people, some of whom might even be the patient. The story was one of those scenarios that nobody could have predicted. Still a gun would not have helped.
>>
>>33338508
>That is why it's conceal carry.
off topic kinda, but does concealed carry apply to shotguns or just handguns, legit question
>>
>>33338529
Depends on the state law from what I've read, but I'm almost certain most states only allow handguns if at all.
>>
>>33336919
Beretta initially offered the 92D (DAO, shrouded hammer) for issue to EMTs and other professions where carrying a gun might be a good idea but there was no formal training for firearms use in place.
>>
>>33338062
No? I'm trying to figure out how a gun would have helped.
>>
>>33338828
>Freeze, guy hanging on the back of my car!
Ta-da
>>
>>33339306
There are plenty of scenarios where a gun wouldn't have been useful. I can't seem to find out what actually went down, either. World isn't black and white, dude.
>>
>>33335847
She looks religious. I don't think she would have shot jesus.
>>
>>33337819

>32 arrests in 13 years

I mean at some point we should incarcerate certain people simply because not doing so is disastrously inefficient and irresponsible. Good lord.
>>
>>33337633

>it's somewhat understandable if people look at you weird for carrying a machine designed for killing

It was understandable before people started attacking and killing EMTs and firefighters for no reason.
>>
And people still argue that first responders shouldn't CC?
>>
>>33335847
Given the distance she was from the ambulance, unless the guy was actively chasing her a good distance she wouldn't have had time to draw anyway.

Damn shame too, she has five kids.
>>
File: sadlad.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
sadlad.png
139KB, 917x871px
>Arroyo was a 44-year-old mother of five and a 14-year veteran of the FDNY

shame they didn't kill that lowlife
>>
>>33335847

Bitch got ran over and dragged. Pretty sure a gun wouldn't save her life, cause we all know women don't take that shit serious. Probably would of shot herself.
>>
>give EMS personnel guns
>they now look exactly like cops
>people are now going to treat them like cops
>overall effectiveness drops

the amount of times shit like this happens isn't enough to warrant emts carrying. people respect us BECAUSE we don't have guns, unlike cops.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.