[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Key /k/, I work at a restaurant and I got robbed at gunpoint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: gun.jpg (4KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
4KB, 306x164px
Key /k/, I work at a restaurant and I got robbed at gunpoint today.
I live in Memphis, Tennessee and I was wanting to know how do I go about getting a conceal carry permit and what's a good gun that's not too expensive.
I've never used a handgun before, but my grandfather offered to take me to the range with him.
>>
>>33333981
In my mind, I'm never gonna die in no ghetto. Absolutely never. A man turns around and punches me in the head, the fight's on; he cuts me, the fight's on; if I'm shot, the fight is on. I'm not losing no fight to no scumbag out there in no ghetto. Period. That's it. No son of a bitch out there is gonna get me. The only way he gets me is cut my head off and I mean that. I'll fight you til I've got a breath left in me. I don't think any of those animals in that street can beat me. I've been going that way for 18 years of street service and street duty, and that's the way I'm gonna keep on going. You don't lose the fight!
>>
>>33333981
Just get a ballistic knife bro.
>>
>>33333981
Read the sticky.

Then go to the state law enforcement website (most places let you apply online nowadays)

Fill out the form and pay their taxes and shit and then wait while they get your ready.

In the meantime go find a "shooting for fucktards" class, schedule yourself.

Ask the range if they'll let your rent a gun or eight, try them all (just 'cause one feels good doesn't be mean another won't feel GREAT.)

Try them, pick one, buy it (this is after your class hopefully. You can do these steps out of order depending on the class)

By now your CC permit ought to be good, and you should pick a holster.

As far as holsters go I'm clueless (I use shoulder holsters and pocket carry and if I can't do those then I usually just don't carry because I'm not dressed to leave the house)

Once a holster is obtained, you should be fine but remember shooting's a perishable skill so practice frequently.

Also, DO try both 9mm Luger and .45.
No, the .45 Will NOT give any advantage over the 9mm BUT some people just shoot better with that caliber.
>>
>>33333981
>I live in Memphis, Tennessee

There's your problem. What a shithole.
>>
>>33334017

Thanks for the advice, Isn't the .45 quite big for self defense though? And should I be looking at revolvers or just semi-auto? Sorry for my ignorance.
>>
>>33334044
9mm, 40 or 45 are all good choices as far as stopping power, but 9mm offers more ammunition for the same sizes gun, cheaper to shoot (ie, youll probably practice with it more), and has less recoil. The 45 is good, but the main drawback is lack of ammo capacity.

While many revolvers are chambered in .357 magnum, which is a great round for self-defense, most people say that they would rather have more rounds than 6-7 (typical of a revolver), and with an easier reload. That being said, if you prefer a revolver, and you are better with it than a semi-auto, you should get a revolver. but as a first gun, Id suggest a 9mm semi-auto. Im not saying that is the only thing you can get, but that is where i'd suggest you start.
and yeah, go take a class or find someone who really knows there stuff to help you out.
>>
File: 1482361676413.jpg (59KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
1482361676413.jpg
59KB, 480x445px
>>33333981
>Had to get robbed in order to wake up to the danger of real life.
>Cant even google how to: get a concealed carry in his state
>Asks a Mandarin tamarind growing website about guns instead of driving 10 minutes to a gun store to feel some in his hand
>>
>>33334017
A good holster and gun will mean nothing if you don't have a good foundation and constant discomfort.

Invest in a belt. It'll last a half a lifetime since most are built durable and robust to hold up a gun.
>>
>>33333981
single stack .380 or 9mm are less bullshit to conceal properly.

use good defensive ammunition for carrying it too
>>
>>33334299

settle down you autist. you're the reason /k/ sucks.
>>
>>33333981
Makin
Easy
Money
Pimpin
Hoes
In
Style

Op get a glock 19 or 26 with hst 124+p and be done with it
>>33334033
Fuck up white boi u live in a gay ass state like Ohio wit yo bitch made ass.
>>
Ayyy a fellow memphisbro
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.