[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was thinking of getting this as my first gun and for CC. Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tomcat.jpg (64KB, 735x600px) Image search: [Google]
tomcat.jpg
64KB, 735x600px
Was thinking of getting this as my first gun and for CC. Thoughts on the .32 Tomcat?
>>
Only good if you have arthritic old woman and can't rack a slide. Otherwise there are much better options.
>>
>>33332721
I meant "are an" not "have".
>>
>.32

Quite possibly the most useless cartridge you can get a handgun in, and that's saying something since virtually all handgun calibers are terrible at killing people.
>>
>>33332754
Why did cops use the .32 for so long?
>>
Tiny handguns just look delicious
>>
Does anyone on here CC with this?
>>
>>33332759
Because police are retarded and politics, contracts, and tradition carry much more weight than common sense. Police also issued revolvers instead of semi-autos for well over 60 years after automatics entered mainstream use with armed forces and shit.

.32 ACP was a decent cartridge for automatic pistols when it came out, but it's from 1899 and is well outdated by now. It's underpowered and lacks very good ballistics, and as far as I know it's relatively difficult to find good SD loads for them.

I personally use .357 Sig in my CCW because it has the best qualities of weight, compactness of the firearm, and damage potential. And pretty manageable recoil.

Seriously, those little Saturday Night Specials are fucking useless in any kind of a life or death situation. Don't risk your life with one of these pieces of shit.
>>
>>33332876
Would you recommend the Ruger LCR .38?
>>
>>33332876
>>33332759
Adding to that, up until the 1980s and 1990s most police had no long gun other than a shotgun. You really underestimate how long it took for police in America to get modernized. It wasn't until the 1980s when counter-terror and anti-gang/cartel operations picked up that police realized that things like body armor, semi-automatic weapons, and marksmen were now required in police operations. But most of the top brass were still stuck in the past with their images of the suave detective and his trusty revolver to see what was happening in front of them.

You find that in a lot of command positions. There were quite a few disastrous cavalry charges in WWI because generals absolutely refused to believe that cavalry had gone the way of the dinosaur in the face of machine guns and bolt action rifles, despite it being proved decades earlier.

>tl;dr
Don't assume that just because a military/police force uses something that it's good
>>
>>33332897
No, .38 is again very similar to these little .32s. Like seriously, we live in an age where you can get a fucking 10mm or double stack .45 in a subcompact frame. There is absolutely no reason to carry one of these tiny pea shooters anymore. Modern polymers and alloys have replaced the hard steel that used to sorta limit what people were willing to carry. 30-40 years ago a single stack 9mm was heavy as fuck already. Now you've got shit basically made out of plastic with steel only in the areas deemed necessary and the result is you can carry something with much more firepower, and much more ammunition, for the same weight.

Like I said, I would not trust my life to a little Saturday Night Special and neither should you if you value it. They're cool as collector's pieces and fun to shoot but they're not something to stake your life on.
>>
>>33332847
Used to in summer.

A lot of people have problems and dislike the tomcat. DESU I've seen enough problems with them I consider myself lucky. I shoot mine because it's fun, and a ringer of a mouse belly gun. Do I trust myself with 32? Not really but I also know 32> not carrying because it's hot. Now I have a proper sub compact in 9mm the tom cat kinda gets dusty.

It's not a bad gun, mine is blessed, I'm no master shooter or gun pro and it does way better than it should and takes a lot more abuse than most do. Some people have frame cracking issues.

Clearing a jam can be a big fuck you. That's part of the tip up barrel design. If you haven't spent some time playing with one, get used to that first and foremost before you think about one.

Over all I'd say it's better than nothing and some of the belly guns, but better options our out there.
>>
What about a Kimber Solo?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.