[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do 90% of the gun stores I walk into suck so much ass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19

File: 1476584712861.jpg (142KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1476584712861.jpg
142KB, 1162x850px
Why do 90% of the gun stores I walk into suck so much ass?

I'm not opposed to paying 20-40 dollars more for a gun if it means I can walk in, look at it, chat it up with the staff and walk out with it. I like the experience of shopping in person and would be more than willing to support my local businesses. But when pretty much every gun store I go into is charging 700 dollars for a glock 19, 300 dollars for a basic bitch 10/22 and carries nothing beyond glocks, smith and wessons, 10/22s and an AR or two, and the staff obviously just wants you out of there because you aren't 80 year old Abner Barneby about to buy 10 50 dollar boxes of .45ACP, I generally just do a 180 and walk out without even buying some cleaning supplies.

Do these guys even want to be in business?
>>
>>33330424
i'd imagine most gun store make money off of accessories and ammo. Not gun sales.
>>
>>33330424
They're run by guns who want to make a living on their hobby, not people who want to run a successful business
>>
>>33330424
>walk in and ask if they carry HK
>none of them ever do
>they recommend Glock or S&W because they're "more reliable"
>turn around and leave
I shouldn't even be surprised anymore
>>
>>33330424
The problem I have with them is that they never have what I want in stock, and I can never get an opinion on weapons from most of the workers there.

I love my legs, but Ill just order what I want and do an ffl through them, rather than have them do it.
>>
>>33330489
>and I can never get an opinion on weapons from most of the workers there.

And you shouldn't, for good reason. Most people are fucking retarded when it comes to actual gun stuff. Even people on /k/.

I sure as shit wouldn't want any advice from anyone who pushes a subcompact Kahr .40 onto a female first time gun buyer.
>>
>>33330424
>Why do 90% of the gun stores I walk into suck so much ass?

Stick to the 10% that you walk into that don't suck ass.

You still need a FFL ($20-25 is the usual charge) and have to pay shipping for some OL vendors. Shipping time is an issue, too, and I like the idea of inspecting the exact gun I intend to buy before I throw down my cash.

Buying used used guns, parts, and anything you're unfamiliar with is a crap shoot, and I have more than a few friends that won't buy anything off the webs except ammo, new guns and accessories, but even then only from a couple of well established web businesses.

A brick and mortar store has a higher overhead, and therefor prices will be higher, but a good relationship with a LGS requires some purchases, and is worth the money in the long run.
>>
Finally checked out the new fun store they put up. The staff was awesome, many different brands, great indoor range.
Good change of pace because before this store it was only big box sporting good stores.
>>
>>33330424
I have one gun store in my town other than academy. I never go there cause the owner is a British safari hunter who stocks the store with expensive safari bullshit ($1500 CZ rifles, $1200 zeiss scopes, $2,000 kate buffalo hide rifle cases, overpriced AK/ARs). Also charges a hard $50 for FFL transfers but only ever orders polymer lowers. I have no idea how he's able to stay in business in a poor, mostly liberal college town.
>>
Most are shitty. The standoffish attitude is probably due to having to deal with retarded customers. If you haven't noticed already, the "gun community" is full of opinionated brash assholes.

The guy my dad always went to charges double what you can get online and charges $45 for transfer. I quit going there.

My local Ace Hardware doesn't have much selection but they only charge $15 transfer fee so order online through them.

There is one badass store about 20 miles away. They have all the handguns and a nice used section. Their prices are close to online prices + shipping and transfer. So I do buy some guns there.

Defender Outdoors' warehouse is about 40 miles from me and they have a front desk to buy from. They have good deals sometimes. Sometimes they even show up on slickguns.
>>
>>33330933
Wait since when does fucking Ace sell guns?
>>
>>33330424

My biggest problem with most is that ammo gets jumbled up and results in me buying the wrong fucking shit because I mis-read, or I read a different box that looks 99% the same.

My favorite store has wire dividers between each caliber and brand.
>>
>>33330489
I love my legs too, I need them to walk
>>
>>33330933
>If you haven't noticed already, the "gun community" is full of opinionated brash assholes.

That's because only total shitters turn a single tool into a hobby. Y'all are worse than arch/gentoo users.
>>
>>33331049
Ive seen them carry AR15s in the NorCal hills.
>>
>>33330485
I wanna hk should I get usp in 9 or 45
>>
>>33331118
>Only losers would turn this racket used to hit a ball into a sport
>>
The margins on selling actual guns are total shit and turnover rates are awful.
Most of their money is made selling ammo, targets, and accessories.
>>
>>33331241
They're mostly focused on the task, not the tool. You won't find most of them jerking off to photos of rackets all day.
>>
>>33330424
I live somewhat near the country but I'm close enough to a large Navy city that most of the shops here have a lot of 30-something ex military guys working in them. No Fudds around here and out of the 5 shops I go to, only 2 of the guys carry glocks on them at work.
>>
>>33331288
In baseball and golf you will.

Same with racing.
>>
>>33330424
>Drive by huge warehouse gun store on the way home from out of town
>Decide to stop in
>Mostly empty parking lot
>Tinted windows so you can't see in as you're walking in
>Walk in and it's just two aisles
>Rest of the building is sectioned off as a waiting room of some kind
>A few bottles of gun powder
>A few different boxes of shells
>Entire row of Nylon holsters
>Hoppes #9 for $10
>Walk up to counter
>Ask where 9mm ammo is
>All behind counter
>All FMJ for more than 40 cents per round
>Give up on buying ammo for the day
>Look at guns
>Glock 19 gen 3 for $650
>Use 1911's for $1500
>Hi Point pushing upwards to $300
>Some generic AR15 with Magpul furniture for $2000
>Turn around and leave
What a fucking waste of a building.
>>
>>33331241

It'd be a good comparison, if tennis was fat people accumulating 900 different rackets and judging the shit out of everyone around them.
>>
>>33331303
I didn't say baseballers and golfers aren't shit. And they actually use their tools in a formalized game. Most gun hobbyists don't. Racecars are hella complicated compared to guns.
>>
File: IMG_20170303_135343627.jpg (2MB, 2269x3013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170303_135343627.jpg
2MB, 2269x3013px
Ohiofag here. I go to Vance's and it's a pretty decent place. But most of the firearms sales clerks are fucking mall ninjas or preppers.
I was looking for another compact double stack for CC and the guy was suggesting me a PPQ, M&P 2.0, and a P320 because "with that long barrel you can ring headshots at 25yrds all day and with 17 rounds you can defend against anything, even a terrorist attack"

Btw ended up with a M&P 9c because they didn't have any more FNS 9c's
>>
File: 1446595831942.jpg (14KB, 462x356px) Image search: [Google]
1446595831942.jpg
14KB, 462x356px
>>33330424
>literally no one carries BP pistol calibers
even the one fucking cabelas in my state was out, which is like 2 hours away from me, even thoughh I CALLED THEM AND SPECIFICALLY ASKED THEM TO HOLD THEIR LAST BOX OF THE FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>33331333
I shoot my guns all the time, just because you think "most" owners don't doesn't turn all gun enthusiasts into "total shitters"
>>
File: George_w_bush_thought_process.jpg (26KB, 445x346px) Image search: [Google]
George_w_bush_thought_process.jpg
26KB, 445x346px
>>33331073
>he regularly buys the wrong ammo
>the caliber is literally the largest writing on the box almost always

sell your guns.
>>
>>33330619
This. My LGS has the best FFL fee around my area and the clerk is a real bro. Their prices aren't terrible and they have great inventory in store.

>SCAR 16 and 17
>Multiple KSG, RDB, Sub2000's
>FiveSevens
>PS90
>FNX45
>Sphinx
>>
>>33331483
>>the caliber is literally the largest writing on

Lel I fell for the .222 Rem in the middle of .223 Rem stack meme I am such a bag of shit.
>>
>>33331049
Not all do. It's up to the franchisee whether they sell guns or not. The individual store owner is the FFL.
>>
File: 1435931243132.png (3KB, 272x269px) Image search: [Google]
1435931243132.png
3KB, 272x269px
>>33331118
>gun owners are the worst
and yet here you are

>arch is useless
literally untrue
t. software developer
>>
>>33331049
A few of them near me sell hunting rifles and ARs. They've been selling them at my closest Ace since 2002
>>
>>33330424
i know it's a meme, but LGS owners/employees do need to make a living. in order to do that, it makes more sense to stock popular guns chambered in popular calibers rather than a wide variety of niche guns/calibers that'll sit on the shelf/counter for months.

it's not the worst idea to throw em a bone every now and again, but don't expect Bubba's House of Funs to have gunbrokers-tier inventory
>>
my problem is a thing of the LGS employees being insufferable for the most part.
out of the ~8 guys that work there, 2 are pretty damn cool, and the rest suck, and the 2 that I like only work like 3 days a week and never on the same day.
it's a cast of characters;
>john, the old cool fudd-ish dude who hunts elk with a goddamn .75 cal muzzleloader
>josiah, ex-marine tanker who is generally fuckin cool
>leonard (i think, fuck him) a tacticool manlet who is a dick all the time for no reason
>fat incompetent fuck who can't into firearms worth a shit, can't even fucking retail correctly
>some mexican who can only halfass english and who gets you the wrong shit
>like 3 other fucks who you only see sometimes and are standard dead inside walmart employee people
it fucking hurts.
>>
>>33331379
You lucked out on not getting that FNS.

Shitty gun and even shittier customer service.
>>
>>33331223
I say 9, but that's because I want a Mk 23 down the road and I think jet funnels are cool.
>>
>>33331532
Arch is for those who make their computer an end instead of a means to an end, because they don't actually have much use for it. I know a loser who spends thousands per year of his unskilled wages on camera shit but can't take a single decent photograph, because his hobby is not photography but just cameras.
>>
>>33330424

>tfw every gun store near me is an idiotic combination of AR's, Remington, S&W, Glock, and maybe Ruger

Show me a store that has an abundant supply of various guns like mosins, mausers, SKS's, AK's, arisaka, and other surplus stuff. I don't want a gun made of goddamn plastic that's being sold for double the price you can find online.
>>
>>33331498
>Lel I fell for the .222 Rem in the middle of .223 Rem stack meme I am such a bag of shit.

Have your mom pin a note on your jacket addressed to the clerk that says "Please only sell BBs to my idiot son, and can we return the 15 boxes of .45 Long Colt?"
>>
>>33332045
>inb4 he buys 6mm bbs instead of 4.5mm
>>

The FFL system creates an artificial barrier of entry that stifles competition, and they know you have limited options in your area.

Same way liquor stores in areas that set an arbitrary number of issued alcohol licenses jew everyone on price.
>>
>>33330489
I occasionally work in a gun store, and I don't give my opinion to every jackoff that walks in and doesn't buy anything. Why does my opinion matter? You either already agree and just want someone to validate you, or you disagree, and want to think you're superior to me. People always come in and ask what I carry everyday (A Walther PPK), and I have to explain that just because it works for me doesn't mean that it's the best choice for you.
>>
>>33331630
It felt perfect in my hand though.
>>
>>33330424
Sturgeons Law: 90% of everything is terrible, but the other 10% is worth it
>>
>>33330424
I genuinely don't understand all these complaints about gun stores. the one I frequent has racks in the middle of the floor with milsurp on it, everything from mosins to mausers to lee enfields, and more tacticool stuff on the walls. AUG's, tavors, all manner of AR's. uzi's, ps90's, desert eagles, even a barrett or two. plus a whole display case for each major manufacturer. prices aren't much higher than I could find online either. my only complaint is their ammo is overpriced. was in there a couple days ago and they had american eagle 5.56 green tip for 75¢ a round
>>
>>33330619
Lol. $20-25. Try living in California where people want $100 and you have to pay sales tax on the gun.
>>
I can't speak for overall shitty stores, but when the employees are short with you, it's probably because they've heard enough retarded shit from customers to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool that day.

I've heard some ridiculous Willy Wonka shit over the past year from idiots that shouldn't own a gun. One guy bitched that bolt in the SKS he bought from us wouldn't go home with an empty mag. Another customer complained that casings were getting stuck in the chamber of his SKS, an SKS that he failed to clean properly after purchasing in cosmoline, an SKS that he had been shooting lacquer cased surplus in without cleaning in over 500 rounds.

One asshole came in and asked us why his scope wasn't level when he had used two completely different rings.
>>
>>33331223
Compact 9, Full Size 45
>>
>>33330424
it depends on the local customers man.

where im at, youd be lucky to ever find surplus. every store here has the newest expensive flashy tacticool guns.

hell i think one shop here was one of the first in the country to get those R.I.P. gimick rounds in every caliber.
>>
>>33332226
What store? Because that sounds really familiar to one I know.
>>
>>33330933
>Ace Hardware
>guns
Now THAT'S an FFL. A place to buy, and a place to get repair tools if you fuck something up.
>>
>>33330594
hahahaha

i love that shit. they tried to tell me i should get a .380 for my wife, and i told the dude "she shoots my glock 21 better than anyone in the store, and id bet good money on it" they both looked at me like "w-what....but s-shes a woman".

>mfw my wifes home country has no gun culture sept richfags who skeet shoot
>mfw i taught her how to shoot
>mfw she has no bad habits
>mfw old fudds litterally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb2jGy76v0Y
>>
A new gun store in my town is really nice, but it's employed with a bunch of cunts. I called twice there to see if they had a gun available and both times 'the phone's line was disconnected on accident'. Also, their prices are pretty shit.
>>
>>33331328
That's sketchy as fuck. Definitely a front for something.
>>
Local gun store has a new batch of incredibly incompetent employees who know nothing of the law and what kind of licenses the business has.

It's worse since each employee has his own idea of what is and is not OK, and it's all contrary to what the owner who actually is competent has to say.
>>
>>33333131
they could have gotten a good deal on the lease and assumed they'd eventually fill it up.
>>
holy shit I'm in California and even my local ripoff store only charges $550 asking for a Glock 19
that's with the knowledge that you'll get charged just as much elsewhere if you order online
>>
>>33331073
I feel you. I've accidentally bought a 100rd case of 20 gauge instead of 12 gauge skeet loads. Lucky I had a buddy with a 20 gauge shotgun so it wasn't a huge waste and I live in Texas so it was only like $20 wasted but I still felt stupid.
>>
>>33331049
tons of hardware stores sell guns dipshit. pretty standard down here in the south.
>>
>>33332031
Pawnshops. I've seen SKS, Mosin, Enfield, Arisakas, Mausers, and even a fucking Manlicher m95 in my local pawn shop. I bought a swiss made 1908 hammerless from them for $240. Also if you can find a Cabelas their used racks generally have dope shit. Mine regularly has Gehwer 98s, I've also seen a Schmidt Rubin, fn49, and Springfield trapdoor on the same rack.
>>
>>33330441
>>They're run by guns who want to make a living on their hobby, not people who want to run a successful business
That's literally the opposite of the problem. They're run by guys who are trying to turn a profit, not sell cool guns to have fun.
>>
>>33333270
Ay Cletus, I member back dem days when youc'll get a daggum dubba barrel chopped down dat dere Six Flags
>>
>>33331073
like... chickenwire?

not a bad idea... I always hated closing because I had to organize that shit. I would overdose my ADD to the point of staying there for sometimes hours trying to keep it clean. Years later I see now why most gunshops just say fuck it and leave it like a town after chimpout.
>>
>>33332106
Or maybe I'm a know-nothing looking for a second opinion and the thought process behind it because, even if a PPK won't work for me, I'd like to know what criteria you consider worthwhile.
>>
File: 1474552966389.jpg (17KB, 499x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474552966389.jpg
17KB, 499x306px
>92-94% of this thread I don't get at all

Where are these infamous lgs shops k speaks of? 650 for gen 3 glock? I've literally never seen that in my life. I'm in and out of gunshops 3 times a week in 4 different cities and I've never seen or heard any of the claims /k/ makes about ripoff gunstores.

>My only beef with gunstores...
Is sales clerks getting an attitude when I want to try out a bunch of guns. Firearms in general are expensive products, that means I'm going to research my investment before giving any business jack shit. There's no way in hell I'm just going to take their word for anything without checking and double checking the device itself thoroughly, and others.

I don't give a rats left nut if it bothers them. ZERO sympathy for that bullshit. I'll try what I want to try, your stupid minimum wage job is to poke your boogerhook in the counter to double check the one I want to look at and take it out of the case. That's it. They may be insightful, mind well do-gooding knowledgeable gunstore employees, but if they can't get across the most fundamental aspect of inter-personal business practice then I'll take my paycheck straight to the internet and cut them out completely. I don't give a fuck that shit pisses me off.
>>
>>33330485
Gun shop owner here.

I don't put HKs on the shelf because they cost a shitload of money (besides the VPs) and don't sell. Faggots come in and want to hold them but not buy them. Same goes for Sigs that aren't 320s and dope FNs.
>>
>>33333753
How do you sell them then? Also, $800 isn't really that expensive for a pistol.
>>
>>33333488

This

>Went into gun store
>Hey do you have x am
>Yes
>I'll buy that

Somehow got a new arsenal for 50 under MSRP, pretty easy experience for by first buy.
>>
>>33333774
If someone wants one I'll order it in for them. My shop's markup on a gun is a flat 100 bucks over cost, so I just show them my invoice and give them the bill.

Sometimes I'll stock a pistol and hide it in the back room because people will NEVER STOP ASKING TO HOLD IT if it's in the case. Example being the FN FiveSeven; I have 5 in a safe, but you gotta ask about it to buy it and most of the dudes looking to fingerfuck guns and take selfies do not possess the social skills to ask questions to other human beings.
>>
>>33333813
What do you pay for a USP9?
>>
>>33333823
Or any common HKs?
>>
>>33333488
>Where are these infamous lgs shops k speaks of? 650 for gen 3 glock?
Don's Guns, last time I went to one back in 2014, had Glock 17 pistols for $700
>>
File: usp9.png (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
usp9.png
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>33333823
What flavor?
>>
>>33330424
>180 and walk out
>not 360 and moonwalking out
/k/ you dead to me
>>
>>33330806
Fifty dollars for an ffl transfer.
Holee shit, dude.
>>
>>33333156
Maybe they were hoping to open a gun range but couldn't due to whatever reason. One of my LGS had plans to open a range at an old bowling place, but couldn't get the permits or some shit for a range, only a store.
>>
>>33330619
>before I throw down my cash.
I thought you could send it back free of charge?
>>
>>33333850
I do 50 dollar transfers at my shop.

Am a few hours from Mexico border, local city full of angry brown people. 50 dollar charge scares away gangbangers, regulars pay 25.
>>
>>33333837
Neat, thanks. Is this what you pay or what you charge?
>>
>>33333878
That's what I pay. Most LGSs pay similar prices too. Big box stores get a much better rate.

The profit margin on guns is fucking atrocious.
>>
Oddly enough, here in the San Francisco Bay Area, all the LGS's I've been to are fantastic. Maybe it's because to survive in such a gun-hostile environment, you have to be good.
>>
>>33333890
Holy shit that sucks. How much did these fuckers pay for this?
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/15385/h&k_m709001-a5_usp9_15+1_9mm_425_v1
I can kind of understand why LGSs hate Buds now. I'll still use them because my LGS treats me like shit and mostly stocks glock and century arms.
>>
>>33331763
That's called autism.

People using it as an insult kind of throws people off the obvious signs of the real thing.
>>
File: usp9a5.png (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
usp9a5.png
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>33333914
Probably around the same price. Their markup is just way low because they try to move product. Here's my cost on that exact HK
>>
>>33331049
My FFL is a Napa auto store.
>>
>>33333846
At least your expert models are probably cheaper, if you manage to sell one that is. Do many people ask for HK?
>>
>>33333971
Meant for
>>33333943
>>
>>33333971
Nah. I barely ever get asked about HKs. I live in Fudd country so it's all Colt 45 STOPPIN' POWER.

I'm a Colt Dealer so I don't mind
>>
>>33333960
North Dakota?
>>
>>33333984
I understand. In Fudd County, Georgia, glocks and off brand 1911s are king. The LGS always tries to push Canick pistols, those turkshit shotguns that look like ARs, and those shit Century UZI clones. Then they act like I'm a fucking retard because I look young.
>>
>>33333270
Atwoods all the way. OK they don't have much - guns are clearly not their main business. But I really dig the vibes there

- billions of boots
- farm clothing
- hunting stuff
- furniture
- tractor parts
- live animals
- gardening
- tools

Also somehow the Atwoods next to me always has .22 in stock. Like if they had a billion of them.
>>
>>33334008
SE texas, Come at me ATF I duct taped a stick to my pistol once.
>>
>>33334027
Caniks are surprisingly good for being turkshit.

Almost all gun shop employees treat everyone like they're retarded because they usually are. Last week I had a guy come in to buy ammo for his rifle. When I asked him what rounds he was after, he just said "Oh it's 7mm". Fucking what? 7mm what?

That became an hour of him looking through the shop at everything that said 7mm trying to guess which rounds were the ones he needed.
>>
>>33331763
Arch is fine. Linux distributions are mostly the same under the hood other than the package manager and some configs. Arch is just for people who want to only use their own software instead of whatever the distro maintainer thought should come with the OS.
>>
>>33334090
Arch is for scrubs who can't handle Gentoo.
>>
>>33330424
I feel lucky the best lgs is the pawnshop my buddy works at. Cheap FFL if you buy online, or cheap good condition used guns.
>>
>>33333831
That's just a normal counter-move businesses have to make. I don't blame them, or CtD, for it at all, considering at the time there was the real possibility that stock/inventory of potential future contraband could have very well stopped coming. It's completely normal to boost the price if demand is seriously that bad. Sure, there's some places that conspire some anti-trust issues with the public for their own gain, but most do not.

Those that didn't boost the price paid otherwise -- by not having inventory left to sell at all. Either way, it sucked dick for businesses as they had to make hard decisions on whether or not they should leverage public trust for reliable business. It was a tough time, some made good decisions and other paid the price.

Regardless, I certainly wouldn't hold anything that happened after the ammo scare against a business now, unless the dickery ingrained itself and they're somehow ethically confused 5 years afterwards.
>>
>>33334100
Gentoo is for people with elephant memories who will still remember what they needed their computer for when they finish the fifteen-year-long installation.
>>
>>33334085
You don't understand. I went in and asked for 7.62x54r and they asked me what country it was from. I told them it's made in several Eastern European countries then they told me it's "banned" only for me to point out a box of brown bear on the shelf. They also sell 22 in ziplock bags instead of boxes. This is always a bad sign.

The worst part is that they recognize me and I buy things there. I went with my dad when I was 16 to get my first AR lower and they tried to talk us into a "custom" store built AR with a polymer lower "because it weighs less"
>>
>>33333488
>bitchy sales attitudes

HOLY SHIT, nailed it
>>
>>33334081
Breed of canine companion, sir?
>>
>>33334137
Timber wolf.
>>
File: tumblr_o7054mxSrC1vr4s7ao1_1280.jpg (449KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7054mxSrC1vr4s7ao1_1280.jpg
449KB, 1280x1280px
Number one reason stores suck ass to me:
They always fucking talk to you
>shut the fuck up
>hand me the gun
>don't make small talk with me about the gun
>You really think I just walked in pointed at a 500-1500 dollar gun and wanted to hold it for no reason
>Its an investment
>any gun pre purchase I've watched literally almost every youtube video available about it twice
>2017
>trying to sell me something
>gun salesmen jobs are only needed because of the FFL system
>>
>>33334027
>>33334085
Personally, with the roach invasion of aquafresh, the last thing I want to do is support those ripoff queens
>>
>>33334125
Nah, Don's Guns has always been overpriced trash. They had those shitty, pink .380 polymer pockets for $550. The only memorable thing about that joint was his TV commercials
>>
>>33334008
>NDfag
i have an FFL Napa in my town, all the gun shit is really inflated
>>
>>33332106
Maybe I have reservations, and I want another opinion to tip me over the edge of buying the thing.
>>
>>33330806
It sounds like he made his big money already and the gunstore is his retirement gig.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-06-19-32-38.png (620KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-06-19-32-38.png
620KB, 1080x1920px
>>33333868
That explains the 40-60 dollars per transfer see living here.

...but nobody drops transfer prices. Ever.
>>
>>33330424
Because they are greedy and see the customers as nothing more than cattle to be exploited. Fuck brick and mortar stores.
>>
>>33331333
Is competitive shooting not a formalized game?
>>
>>33332031
Sarco inc.
>>
>>33330424
A lot of them might suck ass, but being sociable goes a long ways.
>>
>>33334216
He's probably some ass-blasted /g/tard that got fed up with the EDC threads over there
>>
>>33330806
yea, definitely sounds like a hobby shop than a business. If he evaded the police state that is Great Britain, to take root in the US, and go hunt dangerous game in Africa, then I'm gonna say with a straight face that the guy probably already wipes his ass with money.
>>
My local shop is more of a sporting goods place where douchebags buy underarmor shirts and other sports. They've got a few cheap ARs, a shitty century magpul AK, 2 m14s at 1,400, and the rest is bolt actions and shotguns and a few basic handguns.

The only ammo they sell is expensive ass defense and hunting rounds. Nothing else.

The pawn shop I used to go to back before I moved had all kinds of shit from unconverted saigas, mosins, keltechs, Jericho 941, Rhino revolver, sks, and a few other uncommon guns I was surprised to see in a pawn show.

Meanwhile the local LGS had nothing but beat to shit Fudd guns and 1 or 2 sks one of which had a lump off wood haphazardly slapped behind the trigger with screws as a Fuddified pistol grip.
>>
>>33330806
there are a couple of stores i've visited that were owned by people with day jobs that paid out the ass, and ran gun stores as a side gig. unlike this britfag, it seemed to give them more of an incentive to price their shit competitively, but this guy just sounds like a complete toolbag.
>>
File: C93_5973.jpg (195KB, 1024x588px) Image search: [Google]
C93_5973.jpg
195KB, 1024x588px
>>33331223
Digits demand 223
>>
>>33334332
holy shit I've been flirting with the idea of a c93 for so long, but always have some obligation that gets in the way of me justifying the buy.

I would totally throw some real HK on it and cerakote the whole thing flat black. It's not real HK but might as well be considering the average price of real fanboy hardware.
>>
>>33330424
>>>33332226
>What store? Because that sounds really familiar to one I know.

Shit, sounds like a store I know in South West Florida.. got a nice 1943 98k from there.
>>
Try living in New York State. It's literally all overpriced fudd guns and old milsurp. They have AR's there, but they're for law enforcement or retired law enforcement only. Absolute retardation. I probably know way more than your average cop. Mag limits don't apply to them either.
>>
>>33331483
You never got some fmj mixed in with soft points before?
>>
>>33332292
>I can't speak for overall shitty stores, but when the employees are short with you, it's probably because they've heard enough retarded shit from customers to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool that day.
I run the gun counter at a big box and I can tell you that no matter how stupid a customer is, there is no excuse for being a dick. Be an informational antagonist.
Any time someone talks bullshit to you, have an informed response to why they're full of shit and explain to them why they're wrong.
There are ways to deflect and even help people without being a dick and you can still make a profit. Just give them information.
Don't say "your opinion fucking sucks", explain to them why it sucks.
Furthermore, enjoy the shit talking on Taurus. Because you can give factual evidence that Taurus fucking sucks and is a stain on firearm ownership.
>>
File: 1489635293140.webm (1MB, 720x356px) Image search: [Google]
1489635293140.webm
1MB, 720x356px
>everybody I've ever met on a range is cool as fuck
>everybody I've ever met in a gun store has been a dick
How is this possible? Is there a whole subset of our community that just hordes weapons and judges others for their purchases?
>>
>>33332031
On Target guns & gunsmithing
Kalamazoo Michigan.

Place is fucking heaven.
Literally the model LGS.
>>
>>33332292
No excuse for being short with someone with a legitimate complaint.
>>
>>33332292
So because some retard cant use their gun right, I have to deal with you being a cunt because you cant get a job right?
>>
>>33330424
Because 90% of gun stores cater to normalfags, and you are not a normalfag who's willing to settle for any cheap AR/WASR put in front of him.
You want something higher on the food chain, or at minimum, more interesting than the basic bitch options.
>>
Not even shilling, these guys rock. They have everything.

If it weren't for them I probably wouldn't even buy guns directly from any shop, and would just order online and do a pick up.
>>
>>33330619
The last 2 good ones near me are dead or dieing. Ones been drying up ever since a Bass Pro opened in the area, and the other got so fucked they were locked by a judge and the guy who ran it Cobained himself.
>>
I know a guy that runs his FFL out of the back of his other business. Big safe and stacks of boxes of whatever he's selling, last time it was a dozen or so Scorpion pistols and a FiveSeven with like 250 rounds.

$20 transfers and keeps telling me that if I buy a suppressor from him we can go shoot it while I'm waiting for the stamp.
>>
>>33333823
800 give or take
>>
>tfw you live next to grabagun and get super cheap deals and just pick them up from a warhouse instead of dealing with dumbass lgs employees
>>
>>33331073

If you can't read a fucking box correctly you have no business buying ammo. Do you walk into the grocery store looking to buy apples and walk out with tomatoes too?
>>
>>33331513

All these lucky fucks able to buy guns and transfer at Ace Hardware...

Mine had a monkey named Chico that customers could feed peanuts. Some animal rights groups got pissed after he had been there for years and demanded he be released back into the wild. He was, and died within a month or two.
>>
>>33334133

I went into a new LGS once and asked if they carried Nagant Revolver ammo. Chick behind the counter says yeah and hands me a Ziploc full of loose silver tip 7.62x54r rounds.

I have not returned.
>>
File: 1489652742797.jpg (62KB, 949x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489652742797.jpg
62KB, 949x1024px
>LGS is just a website, brick and mortar storefront doesn't have any actual inventory except for 1 gun because of atf regulations

>I order it online and go pick up it up when I feel like it

Is this not how yours are ran?
>>
>>33333293
That's the same problem actually
>>
>>33333488
>They may be insightful, mind well do-gooding knowledgeable gunstore employees

99% are not this.
>>
>>33333488

Come shop in the Chicago area. I went to a shop selling CZ-75B's for $629 before tax (they had a used one listed at $450 before tax). Mosins for 200 (when you could still buy them for 89.99 online). WASRs for $750.

The shops here are fucking awful.
>>
>>33333488
Cabella's. I think it's mandatory to be an airshiter or fudd to work there. I'm yet to meet anyone in the gun section of Cabellas who has a respectable knowledge and appreciation of firearms.
>>
>>33337799
>waah waaah he doesnt know the specific name of the caliber that goes into a nagant revolver

mc fucking kys i wouldnt expect a car salesman to know what engine went into a 1936 cadilac either
>>
>>33334180
What town?
>fargofag
>>
I talked about my old kitchen table FFL guy a few times now and it seem there are always people are knows the guy.

Basically, CA is shit yeah? But this dude doesn't seem to give a fuck about CA DOJ regulations and does single shot exemption transfers (was a way to get around the hand gun roster) without actually converting it, he just had a few kits for show. Transfer prices was actually very cheap for the area and he didn't collect tax. Additional guns was actually free too, until later on when he realized that he loses money with too many multi gun transfer.

He'd also transfer 10+ mags and just straight up give them to you, since he the fuck will know? He'd also fuck with the CA paper work sometimes so people can pick up early.

He did close a little while the SSE "loophole" was closed. Probably got shut down.
>>
>>33337810

>Ask for revolver ammo
>Hands me rifle ammo in a clear bag

If you think there's a revolver chambered in x54r you have no business being in guns.

If I were a car salesman and someone asked for an engine I didn't know, I wouldn't just fucking grab one of the rack, I'd say "I don't know what that is." If you're confused, don't fucking guess, clarify.

My main issue was milsurp nugget food in a fucking Ziploc.
>>
>>33332045
Laughed
>>
File: 2017-03-17 13.52.01.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-17 13.52.01.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>33331049
ACE is the place.
>>
>>33337862
>Transfer prices was actually very cheap for the area and he didn't collect tax.
ca tax on out of state purchases wnst required until roughly the same time sse died
>>
>>33335026
/k/ in a nutshell
>>
>>33338000
You always had to pay CA sale tax on firearm transfer via an 01 FFL, it just wasn't strictly enforced until 2012. SSE ended in 2015, and most FFL collected sale tax on transfers by that point.

Even if the FFL didn't collect, you still legally had to pay tax via use tax.
>>
>>33330806
He probably has money out the ass from poaching ivory or some shit.

He prices the FFL so high to keep people from actually using his store and forcing him to do work.
>>
>>33330424
This isnt really a gunstore problem.
Its a 3DPD people in real life suck problem
>do a 180 and walk out the door
>not doin a 360 and walk away
Newfag detected
>>
File: UNRELIABLE.gif (1MB, 286x152px) Image search: [Google]
UNRELIABLE.gif
1MB, 286x152px
>>33330485
>>
>>33330424
>No store around ever has CZ or CZ stuff.
>No store around ever has HK or HK stuff.
>No store around ever has IWI or IWI stuff.
>No store around ever has FN or FN stuff.
>No store around ever has surplus or surplus stuff.
>No store around ever has AKs or AK stuff.
>No store around ever has Keltec or Keltec stuff.
>ARs, S&W, Rugers, Glocks, and Remingtons as far as the eye can see with the rare Sig.

End my life.
>>
>>33330424
>Do these guys even want to be in business?
>doesn't consider catering to people like OP might drive them out of business
baka
>>
>>33340408
same but with 400 dollar nugget rack
>>
Kinda irrelevant but does any nerd here want a SAW for 5 cents? got about 30m on that bitch

>saw for 5 cents

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/630427038
>>
>>33330424
CZs are extremely popular firearms
Not a single LGS carries them.
They always laugh when I ask if the have a 75b omega or p-01 Omega.

It's like they want me to buy online
>>
>walk into a wonky lgs
>full of obese grandpas
>"Hey, do you have a Mossberg 500?"
>see it on the wall, price tag is flipped around
>clerk in a serious voice "Yeah? what're you gonna do with it?"
>"Just wanna know how much it costs..."
>clerk hesitates "five hundred dollars"
>360 degree moonwalk outta there
>>
>>33341621
Fuck those cunts
>>
>>33334072
I'm surprised how much clothes they have. They are way better than tractor supply stores.
>>
>>33340791
>reserve not met
>>
>>33334368
Do it faggot
>>
>>33330424

You ever thought that it might not be the store and the employees, it might actually be you?
>>
File: liar.png (162KB, 400x446px) Image search: [Google]
liar.png
162KB, 400x446px
>>33331495
>Multiple Sub2000's
>>
>>33332278
Why would anyone want to try to live in The People's Republic of California while trying to remaining a gun loving American?
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.