[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ I'm moving back to NYC "...further, state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

hey /k/ I'm moving back to NYC

"...further, state law says possessing any dangerous or deadly instrument with intent to use unlawfully against another is illegal. According to state law, a person can be found guilty of fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon when he or she possesses any electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun such as a Taser - the purpose of which is to stun, cause mental disorientation, knock out or paralyze a person by administering a high voltage electrical shock - gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles, metal knuckles, chuka stick, sandbag, sandclub, wrist-brace type slingshot, shirken or Kung Fu star."

Considering getting this self defense hat. I originally wanted a collapsible baton but it seems like a legal liability to be in possession of a bludgeon. Anyone have experience operating one of these hats?
>>
Sorry bro, your hat is gonna be one of the first things to get knocked off during an scuffle.

Just do what every normal person in NY does anyways and carry illegaly.
>>
>>33326648
Hey we dont carry illegally we just have permits pending
>>
>>33326606
put fish hooks and pins in your cap for extra defense power. Then, repeat the mantra:
In my mind, I'm never gonna die in no ghetto. Absolutely never. A man turns around and punches me in the head, the fight's on; he cuts me, the fight's on; if I'm shot, the fight is on. I'm not losing no fight to no scumbag out there in no ghetto. Period. That's it. No son of a bitch out there is gonna get me. The only way he gets me is cut my head off and I mean that. I'll fight you til I've got a breath left in me. I don't think any of those animals in that street can beat me. I've been going that way for 18 years of street service and street duty, and that's the way I'm gonna keep on going. You don't lose the fight!
>>
>*lethally tips SAP CAP*
Do it and damn the consequences
>>
>>33326606
Well that state law is fine and dandy but the supreme law of the land says "[T]he right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Fuck jew york, carry whatever you can well please anon
>>
>>33328067
>Fuck jew york, carry whatever you can well please anon
I AM NOT AN INDIVIDUAL I AM A PERSON READ THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION
>>
File: IMG_20151205_152819371.jpg (2MB, 2988x3799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_152819371.jpg
2MB, 2988x3799px
>>33326606
For fuck's sake, buy a gun before your license gets replaced. Get a single stack 9mm that fits your hand well. Get a few spare mags and a good holster.

Only carry a knife inside your waistband. BIC/Lighter or flashlight to give your swing some heft. Padlock in a bandana is almost perfect
>lays on hurt
>can be separate/ditched easily
>inconspicuous to boot, especially if you ride a bike
>>
>>33328101
There are not enough lawyers or bribe prone judges in the city to get that guy off
>>
NY attorney here - this hat is a sap. Saps are illegal in the state of NY. If you wear this and use it in a self defense situation, you will go to jail and probably get popped for carrying a concealed weapon (you concealed the nature of the sap by putting it in a hat).
>>
>>33328262
As a NY resident what issues would I have beating a fucker half to death with a maglight assuming legitimate self defense?
>>
>>33328262
>>33328284
If you ever had to use the hat in self defense, just toss it after they're subdued or you've gotten away. They're going to be hard pressed to prove you had some bludgeoning device concealed in a casual baseball-cap if they can't even get their hands on it.
>>
>>33328284

> beating a fucker half to death
> assuming legitimate self defense

The only situation where I could see you almost killing someone with a flashlight would be you striking them without any attempt on their part to block. This would preclude any claim of self defense, as, by virtue of their becoming incapacitated, they would no longer be a threat to you. A determined prosecutor would likely convict you.

In NY, it is always better to practice the ancient art of Run-Fu. Even if you are 100% in the right, sprint away from a confrontation as soon as you can safely get away and report it to the police. It is never worth it to stick around and finish a fight (unless you legitimately think they are about to kill you right then and there), because even if you are eventually exonerated, you're going to have to spend thousands of dollars on attorneys fees.

This might upset some /k/ommandos, but it is the truth.

Side note: Never talk to the police without a lawyer, even if you were 100% in the right. Just respectfully say that you were defending yourself and that you'll explain further after meeting with your lawyers. There are a lot of crimes that you can accidentally confess to and the police are not your friend (no matter how sympathetic they might seem at the time).
>>
just wear spikey clothes over your plate carrier
>>
>>33329297
>>
>>33326606
rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
just carry anon
>>
>>33326606
Fuck unconstitutional laws. defying bullshit tyrannical rules and regulations is what made this country so great at one point, now us citizens seem afraid to arm ourslelves within our own homeland. This is not a commune, this is not a dictatorship, this is America and this is not up for debate.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.