[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/ my dog just got diagnosed with a hip luxation. The surgery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 25

File: 20170315_193924[1].jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_193924[1].jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
So /k/ my dog just got diagnosed with a hip luxation. The surgery to fix it and get her femur back in the socket of the hip for the rest of her life is $1800 and I can come up with $1200 in the next two weeks. As a result I'm going to have to sell my luger to come up with the rest or put her down because of the pain she's in.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some realistic prices for the gun I'm considering parting with to help my dog.

I live in southwest VA if that helps adjust the prices and if any VA bros want to buy my luger I can give you my email and we can work something out.

Please don't try to convince me not to sell. I'm a poorfag that really can't part with anything else and I'd rather keep my cheap ass 9mm pistol AND my dog than keep my luger and no dog.

My luger is an all matching 1920 commercial production in .30 luger, one original mag with repro holster, mag pouch, and two repro mags.

I'm thinking $1000 would be a fair price and cover the costs I need to cover. Is that a fair price?
>>
>/k/
>picture of a handgun
>"So /k/ my dog just got diagnosed..."
>instantly assume you're asking how to put down your dog
>>
File: 20170315_193950[1].jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_193950[1].jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>33318669
>>
i'd put the 600 on my credit card and pay it off over a few months/half a year with cash from my job. you do have a cc, right? if you don't, you should, because they work wonders for emergencies like this. hell ask the doc if you can get a payment plan and they probably will
>>
Post the pic of your buddy not your gun.
>>
>>33318699
I live in pulaski county, VA's capital of metheads and fuck-ups. The vet doesn't do payment plans anymore. Virginia tech said they could treat her on a payment plan but it's actually more expensive that way.

I'm already paying enough interest as is because of early poor life choices. Not to sound desperate but I'm really looking to sell this thing for cash by the middle of next week at the latest.

I'm just waiting to get some input before I make the armslist ad.
>>
>>33318669
How old is the dog? How many more years with the dog are you buying?
>>
>>33318750
>payment plan but it's actually more expensive that way.
That's always the case with payment plants, unless you're doing business with a chump. That's kind of the point.
>>
>>33318669
Its a fucking dog, you can get another for under $1800 most of the time.

Youre a fucking retard if you get rid of that
>>
>>33318826
this is important op
>>
how olds the dog?
i always question if dog surgeries have value.
dogs live 15 years man sometimes more usually less
things to think about
>>
If you put down the dog, you'll be very sad. If you replace it with a puppy, soon enough you'll be a lot less sad.
>>
>>33318669
Ill give you 1200 if you feel like going half way to illinois
>>
put down the dog.
>>
>>33318864
Making assumptions with the hip problem, it's probably a German Shepherd.
Those puppies aren't cheap, especially ones with pedigrees.

Also, Lugers are typically <$1,800 unless you're getting into mint or rare manufactures.
>>
File: I've_had_enough[1].jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
I've_had_enough[1].jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
>>33318826
She's 9 and a quarter and the average lifespan is 9.9 years. She also has pancreatitis and diabetes type 2 but she didn't seem affect by either. It's only when she went out on the icy sidewalk and dislocated her hip yesterday that she's had noticeable problems. I had her xrayed this morning.

Really though the bond I have with this rat dog is beyond price as gay as that sounds. If $1800 buys her six months of happy life after the recovery I'll do it.
>>
>>33318690
You're not the only one.
>>
>>33318669
All of these people saying shoot the dog...

Realistically the gun with original mag is probably worth 1200$-1800$ sold in a private sale.
If you walked into a gunshop they would probably give you 800
>>
I love dogs, but realistically how old is the dog? What happens if you pay for this surgery only to have the same thing happen to the other hip sooner or later? Then you'd be out a Luger AND your dog would have to be put down anyway.
>>
>>33318912
You need to stop being a selfish shithead and let your already dying dog go.
>>
Stop telling OP to shoot the dog you fucking creeps.

What would lovely wife /an/ think of us?
>>
>>33318690
My thoughts after reading the first sentence.

Actually pictured an anon in full Reich officer's uniform executing a doggo into a pit.

It's a magical place.
>>
>>33318912
Dog looks like gizmo from the gremlin movies
Put it down
>>
>>33318912
Dogs get old man. Parting them with a test of character and will. We can't stay with them forever, nor them us. If you can't handle that, I'm sorry.
>>
File: 20170305_140521[1].jpg (4MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170305_140521[1].jpg
4MB, 2880x2160px
In her prime less than a month ago running alongside the tractor during that warm spell we had.
>>
>>33318912
So you buy the dog's surgery only to keep it around long enough to live the rest of it's life in misery if it doesn't just die on the table anyway. Good god, OP have a heart.
>>
>>33318898
Gun not man's best friend. Dog man's best friend.

>>33318669
I commend you for doing the right thing, /k/omrade.
>>
>>33318977
Get your dog some wheels.
>>
>>33318912
You already know what you should really do with that Ruger.
>>
>>33318912
Dude...
>>
>>33318912
>laundry list of health problems
>near end of lifespan
OP, put her down.
>>
>>33318977
>9 year old dog
>Lifespan 10 years
>Prime

Ok, buddy.
>>
>>33318750
Who'd you talk to at VT? Former Hokie here, not even joking go ask for help from one of the student clubs they'll probably get you the cash.
>>
>>33318912
>She's 9 and a quarter and the average lifespan is 9.9 years.
OP, sometimes the right choice isn't the easy choice.
>>
dude, put down the dog, are you legit retarded or something
>>
File: 1475046232378.jpg (77KB, 960x698px) Image search: [Google]
1475046232378.jpg
77KB, 960x698px
>>33318912
>>33318977
Let it go man, fuck. I worked at an animal hospital while in college and i'd see fags like you all the time who couldn't let go and drag the dogs life out. Some cunts even couldn't be with the dog when they put them down so guess who got to sit with them and afterwards bag and fill out their ID tag. Don't be that cunt.
>>
>>33319046
He's not a retard, he just really loves that dog.

OP, you have to let go. Get a puppy.
>>
>>33318669
Thank god I thought you were going to ask where to shoot the dog
>>
>>33319085
That's the question he should be asking
>>
That Luger is worth more than the $600 you need. ~$1000 should be relatively easy to get.
>>
>>33318895
>>33318912
how bout it bruh
>>
OP don't listen to them. Only you and your vet know your dog's health. Life "expectancy" is a ball park. These faggos telling you to put your dog down are pieces of shit. If the vet says the surgery is safe and your dog is otherwise healthy, go for it.

It won't just drop dead once it hits "life expectancy." Your dog could easily live to 12 or 15 years.
>>
>blast britbong dog with German Luger
>>
>>33318912
You aren't someone who should be responsible for a living things life. Maybe a house plant or a goldfish, but for fucks sake man that dog looks sad and ready to let go. Those little Asian dogs live too fucking long for their own good. Do the real right thing with that Luger and let your dog go. Be a fucking man.
>>
>>33319131
it's like history coming alive.
or dying.
>>
>>33318912

Have to put her down bro. I hate it, because I treat my dogs better than most people treat their children, but she's done well to get as far as she has.

Even if they fix this hip, considering her age and issues, she'll have another problem a few months from now and you're down another $2000. More importantly, she's still suffering.

Also, $1800 is way too fucking high for what they're doing and I bet your vet is stringing you along for as much money as he can get by milking your emotions. An honest vet wouldn't even perform that surgery on a dog of that age.
>>
>>33318935
>other hip
>>
>>33318690
Same tbqh famalam
>>
Shit's rough OP, but let her go, dude.
>>
>>33319119
Nigger, I had to make the tough call of putting my 8 year old black lab down when he had bone cancer in his front leg. It could have been amputated to buy some time, but he had two torn ACLs in his hind legs, which would have left him with just one good leg and could have made the rear ones worse.

His dog has pancreatitis and diabeetus which could have some complications during surgery along with the dog's age.

It's best for the animal to just have him put down, then go and adopt another from a shelter.
>>
>>33319149
not everyone has 3-legged dogs like you anon
>>
>>33319119
>>33319071
>>33318997

Thanks for the support guys, you are truly the diamonds in the rough of 4chan.

However after talking with my family, friends, reading what you inbreds have to say and doing alot of googling I think I'm going to have her put down as hard as that is...

She'd be in a crate for 6-8 weeks recovering then never have the same range of motion or quality of life and she also has a heart murmur from leaky valves that could fail and send her into cardiac arrest at any moment.

20-30 years ago she would have died at 4 years old when she first developed pancreatitis. The fact that I bought her over 5 years of a good quality life for less than $20 a month is something I'm proud of. She had a good run, chased a lot of squirrels, ate a few lizzards, caught a goat once and now its time to cross the rainbow bridge...

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go get hammered now and feed my dog ham, cheese, beer, and all the m&ms she wants before I take her in tomorrow for her last vet visit.

Doing the right thing is really hard but at least I'll rest easy knowing she's not hurting and I have an heirloom for my kids
>>
God bless and good luck OP.
>>
>>33319205
I hope your little shit of a dog dies in the next 5 minutes.

You're a stupid asshole.
>>
>>33319205
>m&ms

Holy fuck, do you even want your dog to make it to the vet?
>>
>>33319205
Well, you grew a brain in the end, so I admire you for doing the right think, you did good OP, you should be proud of yourself, now enjoy whatever time you have left with your dog and Godspeed.
>>
File: mice men.jpg (424KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
mice men.jpg
424KB, 600x764px
>>33318669
>>33318912
>>
>>33319205
don't have the vet put her down. my beagle was freaking out and maybe its normal or not but he hung on for awhile after getting injected. it was terrible. take her somewhere let her eat a big plate of meat and put a bullet in the back of her head.
>>
>>33319205

It's the right decision, and don't use that vet again IMO. Go somewhere else.

Hell, our family used to breed dogs. Any place offering to do this surgery on this dog for that amount of money is not reputable and doesn't have your pet's best interest at heart.
>>
>>33319205
You've made the right choice. Good on you man.
>>
>>33319277
Or maybe they gave him a really large quote to discourage him.
>>
>>33319235
It's amerifat "chocolate". it could eat a crate of them and the amount of actual theobromine ingested would be negligible
>>
File: Hands.jpg (75KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hands.jpg
75KB, 1920x1080px
>>33318912

I have a degree in dog grooming, which includes all health aspects of a dog, and etc. I have worked as a vet tec and helped put dogs down. I would honestly suggest, that if she is having problems (dislocating her hip on an icy sidewalk) to that extent, that you should consider putting her down.

You will have to make the decision, but you will NEVER regret putting her down right before she becomes miserable. Normally, dogs like that (Shih-Tzu/ Shih-Tzu mix) will last a bit longer, but she seems to not be doing well.

One of my biggest regrets is not being in town when my childhood dog died. My parents put her down and didn't even inform me. If you put her down, please be with her till the last moment. It is your duty as her master and best friend, and you will never, ever regret it. My best wishes, bro. Feel free to ask me any questions about dogs and putting them down, and what it is like without the owner.
>>
>>33319060

10 thousand times this. When you put her down, PLEASE be with her.
>>
>>33319230
hey, FUCK YOU, pal.

t. not-OP
>>
>>33319205

Thanks for this, OP. I hope you find a new rat dog and respect and cherish her just as much. My rat dog is the sweetest thing and I would get pretty crazy for her. I'll post her in a bit.
>>
Let it go OP.

Are you keeping him around for him or for yourself? What's the rest of his life going to be like?

Take him to the vet and have them end his pain! It will be tough on you but better for him.
>>
>now I'm thinking about having to shoot my dog when he gets old
t-thanks op

I've never even killed an animal what the fuck am I gonna do with my own dog
>>
>>33319432
shoot it
>>
>>33319230
Jeez dude. How much of an asshole do you have to be to write that?
>>
>>33319205
>>33319424

Also, PLEASE stay with your dog till the very end. You don't know how hard it is to put down a dog that doesn't see it's owner and best friend. The dog will comfortably and happily pass on, and you will see it do so. It is so hard for the dog to accept it when it is alone. The vet has to speak to it constantly and I can tell it isn't the same.

>>33319461

I can't say this is bad if you can stomach it. I will have to bring mine to the vet, but this is not a bad idea. Either is fine.
>>
>>33318977
I just had to put my pitbull I've had for the past 10 years on Monday. It's hard and it really hurts to do it OP, but you really should think about letting the dog go painlessly and peacefully.
>>
>>33319467
A greedy little kid that wanted to buy a luger?
>>
>>33318912
that dog looks miserable
put it down
its in pain
>>
What do people use when they shoot a dog to put it down? I'd image something fairly small, I wouldn't want to blow apart my dog's head
>>
File: o8uyi8.jpg (288KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
o8uyi8.jpg
288KB, 1600x900px
>>33319388
>>33319355
>>33319424
I will be with her when it happens. I live on a small farm so I'm used to being around animals when they enter and exit the world. Its just different when its a cow or a sheep and when its your early childhood pet that you had before you even moved out and who sleeps in the same bed as you between whatever girl your dating at the time and you. Chicks dig rat dogs.
>>
Is it just me or do almost all dogs form tons of complications? Are there even any breeds don't do that stuff?
>>
>>33318669
sorry to hear that, OP. Lost 3 beloved pets this year: old age, bloat, and lung lesion. Oh yeah, my mom died too. So I hear you.

How southwest are you? I know some good vets in Southside, and one in NC. Some are willing to work out payments.
>>
File: DSC05467.jpg (554KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05467.jpg
554KB, 1280x960px
>>33319512
Equipped to travel on to the next world

Her name is Heidi after the swiss chick

but this isn't facebook. Night y'all. Go find another thread
>>
File: Riley pup door.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Riley pup door.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33318669
Use Luger to put down doggo. Place the barrel between his ears aiming so the round will go through as much brain as possible. Take your time, do it right. Thats whats best for you and the dog.
>>
>>33319512

You are a good man OP. I will post my rat in a couple minutes.

>>33319523

The AKC is a degenerate bunch of subhumans who focus on racial purity regardless of the realistic outcomes. They are not like any racial purity human groups. They promote the destruction and sickliness of dog breeds. Look at their definition of a pug, and the 1800's definition of a pug. I have grown to hate them, gradually.
>>
>>33319512
jesus christ OP you are a raging faggot.

take the dog out somewhere on some land
where you drive your tractor
dig a grave
toss some bones in the grave
dog goes in there
starts chowing down on her favorite treat
3/4 of the way through her gobbling up the goodies
pow one luger shot into the brain
back fill hole
leave tombstone
>quick
>painless
>cheap
and your luger gets a story with it forever to pass down to your kids.
>>
>>33318888
Quads dont lie
>>
>>33318950
This. Seems like you're doing this more for you then the dog. I left one of my battle buddy's in a state of illness much longer then i should have and she died completely worn out at broken and alone while I was out buying her a new bed. Shit feels really bad man. I was talking to my girlfriend about having to put her down myself for a while before it happened and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Finding her like that, picking her up and burying her was horrible not because she was gone but because I knew how much she suffered before she slipped away.
>>
>>33319512
Livestream it pls
>>
>>33319583
oh fuck, better call 911, those edges cut deep
>>
>>33319624
wtf are you talking about? nothing edgy about that. some hard truth.
>>
File: sks.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sks.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
>>33318669
Sorry to hear that Anon.

BTW there might be charity orgs to help out with these costs. Might want to try googling if you're in a financial pinch.
>>
>>33319578
I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds like you're suggesting a mongrel is the healthiest kind? Where would one get that?
>>
>>33318669
I'm sorry about your battle buddy, OP. Fair winds and following seas.
>>
>>33319511
>>
>>33318669
Talk to your vet about a payment plan, retard.
>>
>>33319624

What do you think people did before every small town had a veterinarian?

Did you never watch Old Yeller as a kid?
>>
>>33319561
Goodnight op

I hope you feed her good, what she likes

And are able to put her down efficiently.
>>
>>33319672
The healthiest breeds are usually working breeds. Greyhounds are some of the healthiest as well.
>>
>>33319672

I frequent /pol/ a lot, and most races are able to breed within themselves. But dogs, are not able to. They have been co-opted by sub-humans who breed "cute" unhealthy aspects in our modern doggos. Just look at pugs.

I suggest a modern mongrel for a dog, as it can last up to 13 years or longer, and will normally not have health issues till 10 years or later. I can tell you, my dog, is a mixed breed, most likely between a chihuahua and a jack russel terrier. She looked a liked a derpy retard when I looked at her. She is very intelligent and is super nice to all breeds, and me, now that I have her. Mixed breeds can be great.

>>33319718
>>
>>33318912
Good on you man, ignore these other assholes. Sometimes it's worth the cost. Sucks about the luger though.
>>
>>33319523

Boxers are pretty good. High energy, good guard dogs, usually don't develop issues until they get old.

My boy lived 12 years and was in perfect health. Went outside, played with him, he came back in and collapsed and died in my arms. almost instantly.
>>
>/k/ cares more about its guns than its battle buddies
Guess I now know there this board's priorities lie.
>>
Use the gun, shoot the dog, keep the gun.

It's that simple.
>>
>>33318669
I live in Radford, I'll definitely buy it for 1000 but I think you should list it for at 1200 and see if you get any bites that way first, also would give you wiggle room in negotiating.
>>
>>33319731
The healthiest breeds are hundredth generation mutts that are so muddled that you can't pinpoint one, two, or even ten mixes in their bloodline.
>>
>>33319771
To be fair this is the weapons board, not the dogs board.
>>
>>33319771
> 7 months of dog
> 999+ years of gun
sure bud.

also, the doge is going to hurt the whole time.

>>33318669
good luck, op. it's not easy.
>>
File: 1483742986001.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1483742986001.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33319812
they are also the most prty ones....
>>
File: 1483744920002.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1483744920002.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33319939
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (2MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
2MB, 2592x1728px
>>33318912

OP i had a dog put down back in january. he was an excellent companion and I could not watch him suffer.

keep the puppers comfortable and let him go with dignity. also, don't be one of those sick fucks who just drops him off at the vet to get put down.

be a man and take care of it the quickest way possible.

also, nice luger.
>>
File: 1483746443001.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1483746443001.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33319957
>>
>>33319939

Absolutely, but you must be willing to put them down, and to spread the message of racial mixing. At least on dogs. It's funny how /pol/ and /k/ mix.

>>33319771
>>33319957

Battle buddies are almost always racially mixed and deserve the utmost respect.
>>
File: 1483746443003.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1483746443003.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>33319983
>>
>>33319846
Fuck your dog.
>>
>>33318912
We'll miss your doggo
>>
File: ohshitpaul.gif (983KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
ohshitpaul.gif
983KB, 250x141px
>>33318690

I thought this same exact thing and scrolled past and then came back hesitantly, pleasantly surprised
>>
File: 1483744920001.jpg (548KB, 1530x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1483744920001.jpg
548KB, 1530x2048px
>>33319991
>>
>>33319583
>and your luger gets a story with it forever to pass down to your kids.
gee that's totally something you want to tell your kids about
>>
> I'd rather keep my cheap ass 9mm pistol AND my dog than keep my luger and no dog
>dog
>hip problems
Realistically speaking OP if your dog has hip problems how much longer is she really going to be around in order to justify an $1800 vet bill?

I know it hurts, but sometimes you just have to let them go.
>>
File: 1483746443002.jpg (269KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483746443002.jpg
269KB, 1080x720px
>>33320028
>>
>>33318954
>What would lovely wife /an/ think of us?
we are merciful to suffering doggos
>>
>>33319205
>If you'll excuse me I'm going to go get hammered now and feed my dog ham, cheese, beer, and all the m&ms she wants before I take her in tomorrow for her last vet visit.
Well no wonder your dog has fucking diabetes.
>>
>>33318669
>as a result I'm going to have to put my dog down

fixed for you
>>
>>33319511
.22 would be fine. a rifle would be better than a pistol. better velocity. dont want the poor thing to suffer
>>
Dogs go down the drain VERY fast. If you fix her hip, she's still likely to die within the year because that's how dogs are. You say, "Oh well she was running just a few months ago...", but the truth is that's how dogs go. They slow down in a month or two, eat less and less, move less and less, and eventually stop eating, find a nice spot, and die.
>>
>>33319523
>Are there even any breeds don't do that stuff?
mutts.
>>
>>33320169
only real solution is 00 buck straight to the back of the head while it's eating. from less than a foot away.
>>
>>33318912
Sometimes the right choice to make, is the hardest choice.

All money aside, make the choice that's right for the dog, not yourself friend.
>>
>>33320223
Nah. Obviously you need to unload an entire M82 magazine straight into their head just to be sure.
>>
>>33320339
I've shot a cat that had it's hind legs smashed to goo in a traffic accident in the ehad with a 9mm point blank. I must have missed because it jumped up and ran like hell using only it's front legs like you'd see in a tom an jerry cartoon. It was a stupid ide. I then just stomped down on it's head with my boot with force. that was much more mercyful than the gun and killed it immediately. big blunt foce>small acute force
>>
>tfw half the posts convincing OP to kill his dog were me
>tfw I talked OP out of his original plan and now he's going to kill his faggot rat dog
>tfw OP will probably sell his luger anyway out of guilt
Hahaha have a nice sleep OP. Post yf after you come back tomorrow, read this message, and realize how I fucked you. You deserve it for being a moralfaggot.
>>
>>33318912
This has to be b8. If not, you're gonna regret selling that Luger for the rest of your life.
>>
spend 120 on a sten parts kit and advertise it on facebook. the atf will put your dog down for free.
>>
op your dog is very old. i one day hope to find the compassion you have for this animal as i cant seem to find it. ive put down plenty of animals deer chickens horse shoot it in the head and be done.
>>
>>33320883
it's easy to get numb to death through repetition, isn't it? it's almost scary how it gets easier each time
>>
>>33319149
Clearly my grasp on doggo anatomy is shaky at best
>>
>>33319583
this
Dogs are amazing, OP, but its time to let go.
>>
>>33320692
Or you're a retard who can't aim for shit.
>>
>>33319714
>we did so before, it's ok now too
>>
>>33319235
Craziest shit I know but I once had a tiny dog go to town on a bunch of tootsie rolls, and lived to be old as fuck, so maybe some dogs are just more resistant than others?
>>
>>33318669
hey anon, i live in nova and my vet is a hokie, im sure he could probably do you a solid for a discount...
>>
>>33319523
Retrievers are fine as dogs, and mutts are fine too. Have owned a couple and have known plenty of people who owned a couple, never heard of them dying from genetic conditions.
>>
File: 9338572123_5ca90eace8_b.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9338572123_5ca90eace8_b.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
>>33320223
pic related
>>
>>33320835
top kek
>>
>>33318912
You chose to carry that weight the moment you let her in your life. She's at the end of her journey. Just let her go with some dignity.
>>
File: 1489460593270.jpg (129KB, 736x990px) Image search: [Google]
1489460593270.jpg
129KB, 736x990px
>>33318669
make a fertilizer bomb and sneak it into her food. then you have meat for the week and you dont have to go to the grocery store
>>
>>33318912
>i want to give my entire life savings so my dog can live for months on end in constant pain and die anyways
put yourself down
>>
>>33318669
I'm pretty sure you can get 1,000, maybe even 1,200.
>>33318912
I was going to ask but the answer is obvious.
On a practical level, you're spending nearly 2k to buy 6 months. MAYBE. Dog could die on the operating table, or it could turn into a revolving door situation where after dropping 1.8k that you clearly can't afford you get slammed by a busload of vet bills and expensive medications for the dog that probably won't even work.

In other words, you have fallen squarely into the vet bill sentimentality trap. You love your dog, of course, a lot of people love their dogs, but pushing yourself into economic waters that you're not prepared to tread doesn't benefit anyone but the vet billing you crazy money for their work.
They know you'll pay up no matter what they do. I know people who have worked with animal hospitals and I know there's very little oversight in how they do their work (if they do it at all). They rely on this psychological mechanism the owners have to make their profits. It's very lucrative.

Even if they do good work, the dog simply won't last much longer. It's much smarter to put it down (even if you can't do it yourself) than to subject yourself, your finances and of course the dog to a period of exorbitant vet bills, expensive meds, emotional suffering, physical pain and general misery.
>>
>>33318669
if you need help on how to put your doggo down i can give the ATF a call
>>
>>33318888
This
>>
File: luger.jpg (30KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
luger.jpg
30KB, 648x648px
>>33318669
Here you go OP, Best I can do for you.
Good luck with your pupper and godspeed.
>>
>>33318669
Lugers are gay looking AF so I wouldnt worry about it too much.
>>
Losing a doggo is a pain too great for good men.
I will drink for your little friend tonight OP. Dogs are too pure for this world.

I hope you can move forward, it's very hard for me.
>>
>>33318912
Half a year of dog for 2k
Or buy a new one for a fraction of that
>>
File: 185500002927.jpg (53KB, 888x555px) Image search: [Google]
185500002927.jpg
53KB, 888x555px
>>33318669

Pretty neat Luger and electric hookah you have there.
>>
File: 1488690133399s.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1488690133399s.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
>>33318912

Man, I hate to say this, but that dog is suffering, and there's nothing you can do to end it without putting her out of her misery. It fucking sucks ass, but it's part of life, I've done it and I'm not glad I did but I know she was better off. Do it, do it for her. If you love her, you'll let her go. Best of luck OP, I'll pray for you.
>>
>>33319205

It's hard, but you're doing the right thing, and maybe one day, you'll see her again. Godspeed OP.
>>
>>33318669
Make steak dinner for you and dog , Invest in decent beer for you and dog , Let dog have a day of love and pampering .
take dog outback
euthanize dog with luger
mourn.

Thats how I would do it .. only seems right since she is always gonna be in pain even with the surgery
>>
>>33319205
It's not easy, but it is right. You have a heart anon, I deeply respect you for that. May your dog chase lizards in heaven.
>>
>>33320696
You are full of shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>33318912
>Dog is 9.25 yrs old
>Life expectancy is 9.9
>Considering a major operation with a recovery time longer than the remaining life of the dog
Someone just buy this man's Luger- he's clearly emotional and someone is going get good deal on a Luger for it.
>>
>>33318912
is that her? cavaliers are a great breed.
>>
>>33318669
Shoulder a sig brace and post the pic on here. Problem solved.
>>
>>33318912
Keep the Luger. You know what to do with it.
>>
>>33325504
Just tell her about the rabbits
>>
Put her down, OP. It's for the best.

To make you feel better, I had to put my family cat down on the road after some kids hit it with their car (they swerved to the opposite side of the road and sped up to hit it). I drove after them, brought them back, and made them watch as I put one in the cat's head, as it was paralyzed halfway down and drooling blood. Then called their parents and made them explain what they did to their parents.
>>
>>33318690
Ditto, thought it was going to be goodnight pup, no wake up
>>
>>33318912
Let her go anon, she will be happy
>>
>>33318912
Yikes anon. I don't really know the bond between a dog and a man, but it sounds like you're going to be paying a lot of money (more than just that 1800) to keep this dog around for even just a few more years.

You really need to make a logical decision here, considering it's hard enough for you to scrape together 1200.
>>
>>33318912
>9 years old
>already at her average lifespan
>already has a ton of problems

Let fluffy sleep anon.
>>
>>33318912
If the hip was the only issue with the dog, i'd say go for it, but it sounds like you've got one of those toy breeds that humans royally fucked up through years of forced breeding. Also, with both pancreatitis and diabetes I sincerely doubt your dog will live past the average life span, if it even does.

But hey man, choice is yours. Miracles do happen.
>>
Could you take out a credit card? Most places will instantly approve you for $1000 easy.
>>
>>33318690
Thought the same to be honest.

>>33318669
OP, I beg you, don't do the same shit I did.

I was in a similar situation with my first dog years ago. That dog had been with me through most of my childhood and teenage years and I refused to let her go because she meant the world to me.
I knew she was old, in pain and had a low quality of life (barely able to move anymore, it was visible every step hurt her) but I just couldn't do it.
I tried everything and was also duped into paying for an expensive surgery that didn't help.

I know it's hard man, but you need to accept when your pet is old and can't go on any longer.
Give her the luxury lots of old people don't have and let her go.
Don't be the egoist I was and spare her more pain and going through a surgery she might not even survive.
Give her some great last days, give her all the food she was never allowed to eat and then say goodbye.
>>
>>33318690
I was thinking the same thing.
>>
>>33319205
Shit, just saw your reply OP.
Yes, it's really for the better. It will never be easy, but at least you can give her a great last day instead of surgery, probably weeks of lying around in pain before she then dies due to her other numerous issues.

Good luck man.
>>
>>33318912
It sucks, but it's time to put her down man.
>>
>>33318912
Dude just put a bullet in her head and get a new dog.
>>
>>33318669
>>33318912
Contact that dude from Vet Range, I can assure you he'll side with the euthanasia-advicating anons in this thread. Funny too that he also has a luger
>>
>>33318912
op please, dont make em suffer
>>
>>33318912
>average life span of 10 years
>9 years old
>multiple existing diseases
>takes 6 months to recover from surgery

I know it's hard, OP, but have some compassion for the dog. Maybe you can sell the cheap pistol to pay for a euthanization if you can't bring yourself to shoot your dog yourself. My condolences.
>>
>>33318690
i saw "my dog" and saw the luger.

"is his dog jewish?"
>>
>>33318912
You're just prolonging its misery, spend some time with her and make her as happy as you can and put her down Anon.

Im not even saying this so you can keep your gun, she's reached the end of the line man and only you can give her the rest she needs
>>
the normie part of me says yea man do it, try to find help anywhere you can.

the /k/ part of me says "kammeraden, yew hab lived long und happy life, it is your time."
>puts luger to dogs head
>whispers "ill never forget you kammeraden"
>lore! lore! lore! playing in the background
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHf6RwHO5dQ
>>
>>33319145
/thread
>>
>>33319205
Ive dedicated multiple gym seshes to peoples pets over on /fit/
This weekends shooting trip is gonna be in dedication of random /k/ ratdog and when I next go hunting Ill try send her some squirrels up to chow on
god speed OP you fag
>>
>>33321183
I had a retard neighbor kid watch my dog for a week while I was vacationing. I found out when I got back the dumbfuck kid was eating White Chocolate Hershey bars and giving the dog chocolate.

Dog still lived to be 12. RIP first Battle Pupper
>>
>>33329396
white chocolate isn't chocolate. look it up, dummy.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.