[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I'm pretty new to this board and it's interests.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (27KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 440x330px
Hey /k/, I'm pretty new to this board and it's interests. What are some of the reasons y'all hate Glocks other than they explode and their fans are autists?
>>
>>33318160
I don't like New York triggers and Glocks are ugly as sin. The fanboys are a pain in the ass, but the explodey stuff has largely been remedied.
>>
>>33318160
my fat hands have difficulty with the tiny ass switches
>>
>>33318171
>triggers
This a thousand times. Glock triggers are absolute garbage.
>>
>>33318213
I actually really want a Steyr M9A1, but I can't stand those trigger safeties. It's turned me away from like all the striker fired pistols. DA/SA wondernines for me please
>>
>>33318233
P320 doesn't have one :^)
>>
>>33318160
I don't like the triggers. They are priced more than they are worth. Most importantly, their fan boys are the most annoying of any group out there.
>>
They explode

Their fans are autists

They have shitty triggers

They are ugly

Their reliability is a meme

polymer frame

brick ergos

cracks errywhere
>>
>>33318233
DA is a solution in search of a problem. It never should have been invented.
>>
>>33318243
I might check one out. I really like hammer decockers tho
>>
>>33318160
Early .40 models went boom

Glocks are not very tolerant of overly hot loads.
Stupid ppl blow modern ones up

Most Glock owners are retarded and replace 1/2 their gun with aftermarket parts and shit goes wrong.

Basically Glock owners are retarded.
>>
I hate that everyone with a glock treats the drop safety on the trigger as if it is a real safety and they dont ever need to worry about it.
Plus I hate that everyone and their mother copied shitty trigger drop safety and all their guns look like shit with that stupid piece sticking out.
>>
>>33318160
I dunno. The people complaining about Glocks and their fans, though, seem to be more numerous than the Glocksuckers.

>Every other day there's another Glock hate thread
>Every time someone posts a Glock, the replies are all "WHAT A SHIT GUN ARE YOU POOR OR SOMETHING?!?!"
>"Glocktards are so stupid; everyone who buys a Glock has to spend $ArbitraryDollarAmount to make it acceptable"

I only have one handgun: a USP I got during the $200 rebate. All this Glock hate, though, makes me want to try one out.
>>
File: 1488931766300.gif (80KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488931766300.gif
80KB, 720x480px
>>33318160
>says glocks explode
>posts pic of blown up 1911
>>
I don't like the trigger or grip angle and I think the mags are bulkier than they need to be.

That's about it.

The first handgun I bought was actually a glock 22 and I ended up hating it.

I've never actually had a real person tell me to ditch whatever I've got holstered for a Glock so I can only attribute blatant Glock Fanboyism to shitposting and youtube people.
>>
>>33318160
They feel like a brick in my hand. Glocks don't feel as comfortable to hold or shoot as a springfield xd, a canik, a mp9, or even a 1911. I admit they work but so does hi-point.
>>
>>33318321
I have an early model .40 is this a real concern? Or is it just hot reloads?
>>
File: 0-Untitled-152592.png (443KB, 487x605px) Image search: [Google]
0-Untitled-152592.png
443KB, 487x605px
Glock 19 is the best carry gun in the history of the world. Haters BTFO.
>>
>>33318389
+p reloads might do it but i honestly wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: retardbus.jpg (18KB, 334x306px) Image search: [Google]
retardbus.jpg
18KB, 334x306px
>>33318396
>Glock 19 is the best carry gun in the history of the world.
>>
>>33318291
I think you mean safeties Mr 1911
>>
>>33318160
The grip is fucking terrible (for me). I can't hit the mag release or slide release with shifting my grip around. The slide release is also a terrible stamp sheet metal trash lever with no grip anyway.

They're just too light, literally feels like a toy, very cheap feeling plastic at that. Not that its bad plastic, its pretty much the same thing industrial power tools are made of (glass reinforced nylon)
Also they l, like every plastic pistol, tend to explode through your hand instead of up through the air, or forward through the barrel channel.

The lack of a safety doesn't bother me too much since i don't +1 nd carry.
>>
File: 1488893425120.jpg (105KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
1488893425120.jpg
105KB, 600x442px
>>33318429
Shhhhh. Stop fighting the truth.
>>
File: 20170315_163131.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_163131.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>33318396
My dude.
>>
The lack of a dovetail causes my hand to ride high on it, since its not made for normal human hands.

Causes the webbing between my thumb and forefinger to get eaten by the slide. Plus I shoot like shit with them.
>>
File: image.gif (888KB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
888KB, 450x252px
>>33320064
Where's that pic of the guy getting Glock slide bite because of his fatass hands?
>>
>>33318443
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 169x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 169x178px
>>33318429
They are
>>
File: 1478596645889.jpg (57KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
1478596645889.jpg
57KB, 500x653px
>>33318160
Shitty trigger, shitty excuse for a safety. Pretty decent weapon otherwise though. Just overpriced. I can get a hi point for a lot less.
>>
>>33318160
Its just fucking boring.

From a cost-value and specifications perspective it is nearly unassailable (like the AR), but it completely lacks character or anything that makes it stick out as an enthusiast (....like the AR). So as a working gun it is indispensable, partly because I'd rather send 100 Glocks to evidence locker purgatory than one Korth or MR73.

Its like having a Ford Focus you drive to work and put a bunch of dirty miles on while keeping a mint NSX for weekend romps and fun times.
>>
>>33318354
Except that 1911 will still work, the only thing damaged on it is the dust cover.

Which means it KB'd due to a barrel obstruction near the muzzle, which means someone stuck it in the mud then tried to shoot it.
>>
>>33320176
To big.
>>
>>33318160
I don't own a Glock but I shot with Glocks quite a bit.

Trigger is ok for a combat gun, but for target shooting or competitive shooting there are better option or you have to customize it. The ergonomics will mostly depend on the size of your hands. Personally I don't like the grip and I prefer paddle mag release to push-button type mag releases. Having no safety isn't really an issue, but personally I feel more comfortable having a DA/SA handgun that I can decock before reholstering. For those reasons I chose the P99 over the Glock 19.

One big advantage of Glocks over other handguns, especially Walthers, is the wide availability of holsters, sights and magazines. Also, all accessories tend to be cheaper (for the price of one Walther mag, I can have two Glock mags).
>>
>>33318160
Looks like eternal prototype. Literally even Hi-Point is more aesthetic.

Ergos are garbage tier.

Trigger is shit (on purpose), but since I'm DAO revolverfag I don't mind this.

Safe Action™ is objectively unsafe.
>Inb4 muh fingur is muh safety
Trigger discipline is key, but you are just a human so you are bound to make mistake one day

>Perfection
*replaces 99% of gun with aftermarket*
>>
>>33322257
UUUU
>>
>>33318160
They're great guns.
I don't like how they feel in my hand and I don't like how they look.
I was surprised how well I shot with one, but again, I just don't really like them.
When I shoot my other guns, I get an erection. When I shoot a glock, I feel a little empty inside. Friend of mine explained it pretty well, "it's a great gun, it just doesn't have a soul when you fire it."
>>
>>33323769
>Trigger discipline is key, but you are just a human so you are bound to make mistake one day
So it's okay to put your finger on the trigger? I'm only human after all.
>>
Glocks are great but there weakness is reloaded ammo.

Saw many blowing up because of bad reloaded ammo 0.1 longer than SAAMI.
>>
>>33318354
Hey you faggot, thats my picture!
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 287x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 287x176px
>>33318160
Glocks are trash, their claim to fame is the quality and reliability, however they use cheap parts (See slide stop, sights, barrel, literally any other part people feel they need to swap out the second they get it) and the reliability is on par with any other modern handgun.

Anyone who claims glocks are best because people use them in competition dont realise A.) organized shooting matches have nothing to do with carrying and using them in a defense situation and B.) The people who use glocks in those competitions have glocks that are so riced out that in many cases there isnt a single factory part on the gun aside from the mag.

The famed glock safety isnt a safety at all, its a little trigger on your trigger so you can pull the trigger unless you (Or something else) pull the trigger. Drop safeties and firing pin safeties are also standard in the industry, and do next to nothing to make a gun safer.

Polymer is trash, any gun with a steel frame in the exact same shape will be stronger and nicer to shoot. The grip angle is awful, the grip shape is awful, and the two combined are what make home stippling jobs and rubber sleeves popular, another case of glock perfection needing upgrades.

Glocks are trash.
>>
>>33325008
5/10 made me reply
>>
>>33325224
>Polymer is trash, any gun with a steel frame in the exact same shape will be stronger

Is that why the Marines' 1911s beat themselves to death in a rd-count that doesn't get a Glock even moderately dirty? stay mad fukkboi.
>>
>>33325316
taking a gun into a combat theatre for months at a time with little to no cleaning, shoved into a wet holster and when fired, firing the cheapest ammo the military can buy, does not equate to your glock that you dont clean after a range trip once a month and put in a safe.

Meanwhile, world war 1 and 2 issued 1911s are still floating around in excellent shape, ready to go at any time, not to mention the 80+ countries that have fielded steel frame Hi Powers since the 50s, so many are still in circulation (And still being used) that Hi Power surplus can be had for sub 400 any day of the week.

Just remember glock just lost its military contracts for submitting a glock with a swappable backstrap as a "Modular design"

Good luck with that failing company, without mil contracts they wont be able to give away guns for free to every police department that will have them.
>>
File: shot2012_day3-25-1024x682.jpg (81KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
shot2012_day3-25-1024x682.jpg
81KB, 1024x682px
>>33320064
>Doesn't even Gen4.
>>
>>33320361
Finally an honestfag.

Saying the Glock isn't the perfect gun is like saying the hammer isn't perfect for hitting nails.

The problem that autists have with the Glock is that there's no fine details to obsess over. There's no aesthetic rush of dopamine. It's a brick that goes bang. every time.
>>
>>33325316
Because anything the Marines touch magically turns into shit.

I'd hate to see how short the lifespan on a Glock in the USMC would be.
>>
>>33325471
Agreed, the rest of the faggots in this thread are just reposting their brain washed fanboi bullet points.

>grip angle complaint
there are many firearms that have the same angle, and actually are complimented for it.

>parts aren't quality
My glock has suffered all my abuse, and weathered it far better than my Ruger, or Smith.

>trigger
people like their HK's despite the trigger.

>>33320361
The only post that mattered.
>>
>>33318505
this dude's got a pic of the fucking thread in his post! Not sure why, but that tickled my jimmies
>>
>>33325415
>taking a gun into a combat theatre for months at a time with little to no cleaning,

now lack of cleaning wrecks frames?

>shoved into a wet holster and when fired,

not happening but nice try.

>firing the cheapest ammo the military can buy,

cheap meaning low powered? that would be easier on the gun. if by cheap you meant corrosive though then again, not happening. they don' use corrosive ammo which could be argued to weaken the gun over time.

>does not equate to your glock that you dont clean after a range trip once a month and put in a safe.

nice implication. but I said # of rds shot and that is absolutely an objectively comparable factor. nice try again.

>Meanwhile, world war 1 and 2 issued 1911s are still floating around in excellent shape, ready to go at any time, not to mention the 80+ countries that have fielded steel frame Hi Powers since the 50s, so many are still in circulation (And still being used) that Hi Power surplus can be had for sub 400 any day of the week.

Sure.

>Just remember glock just lost its military contracts for submitting a glock with a swappable backstrap as a "Modular design"

OK.

>Good luck with that failing company

>said increasingly nervous HK/Sick shill for the 7th time this year
>>
>>33325572
>there are many firearms that have the same angle, and actually are complimented for it.

happens to me every time I let shitlords touch my Luger.
>>
File: Pom.png (73KB, 245x217px) Image search: [Google]
Pom.png
73KB, 245x217px
>>33318160
Some anon put it well a couple weeks ago

“Contrary to popular belief, liking Glocks doesn’t indicate poor taste. It demonstrates a complete lack of taste.”
>>
>>33325629
>now lack of cleaning wrecks frames?
Yes, rust is a thing, and before you call polymer dosent rust, the slide does, as do the internals.
> not happening but nice try.
You realize during a war you might not be dry right? like soldiers dont have a great track record of maintenance to start, but Fucking trenchfoot was a lead killer in WWI, and thats just wet socks for days at a time. People go for a week of poorly prepared hiking and they get literal trenchfoot from wet socks. So tell me that holsters and storage when not in use but carried was just immaculate again.
>cheap meaning low powered?
Cheap meaning cheap, meaning hard primers, over powered, under powered. Meaning made before modern manufacturing and measurements down to the ten thousandth of an inch or a gram. Meaning GIs crammed whatever the hell they could find into their gun, if it fit it shot, whether its kyber pass .45 with matchhead gun powder or whatever they get issued. And most military ammo had corrosive primers during both world wars you fucking mong.
>>
>>33325745
you are drowning mate. US Mariens get quality ammo that's non corrosive and does not rust the frames
>>
>>33325771
>most military ammo had corrosive primers during both world wars
Just to recap, You said 1911s dont last when GI's use them. Ive never heard a person use the phrase GI's that wasent referring to either world war or post Vietnam. I said historically 1911s have come up against a ridiculous amount of abuse and despite all that still GI bringbacks are all over and often passed down as heirlooms, along with other steel frame handguns working great for the past hundred years by 80+ countries and all you can say is "Lol glock is best gun, fags get out"

Meanwhile, the us army and marines have a record of ruining everything they touch, so you saying the only difference between your glock and their sidearm is roundcount, is retarded.
>>
>>33318160
anti-glock people are the same as teenage hipsters who only like really weird music just because they know about it
>>
>>33325834
And yet, just one bad bullet right from the factory ruins your gun forever. Nice quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=275&v=1dapVWOqMNE
>>
>>33318443
>The slide release is also a terrible stamp sheet metal trash lever with no grip anyway.
It's not a slide release and it's not meant to be used as one. It's a slide catch.

This is the average intelligence of people who bash glocks.
>>
>>33325971
A slide catch dosent protrude and have serrations for a thumb. Slide releases do. You cant build a shitty semi and call it a good pick up truck.
>>
>>33318160
they're just not aesthetic pistols. they're blocky, ugly, and even the gucci'd race glocks are boring as hell. I'd take a cz or fn any day over a glock based on aesthetic alone.
>>
>>33326038
You're completely fucking retarded
>The lack of a safety doesn't bother me too much since i don't +1 nd carry.
Completely. Fucking. Retarded.
>>
>>33326148
he probably carries a security 6 with the hammer on an empty cylinder spot....
>>
>>33326148
what? Thats not what I said at all?
>>
>>33318233
Little late to the party, but the Steyr trigger safety is comfy af. It's a straight pull safety instead of the angled pull the Glock has. (Or the shitty hinged triggers on M&Ps)
>>
>>33318160
>glockfags insert their opinion into situations where glock wasn't an option ("should I get gunX or gunY?" discussions where x and y are not glock)
>tigger is bad
>sights leave something to be desired
>shit ergos
>glockfags counter with "muh aftermarket" for every conceivable flaw
>so you're expected to pay $4-500 on a gun that needs another $200 in parts when you could've just bought a $700 gun with the features you wanted
>"my local LEO uses them, they must be good"

i mean, they function fine; it's the fanbase that turns me off from owning one.
>>
File: G19 Polymer80.jpg (303KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
G19 Polymer80.jpg
303KB, 1080x1349px
>>33318160
I don't hate them.

I'm mostly frustrate that despite "Glock Perfection" the gun lacks basic shit that could be easily improved.

Glock sells nearly the exact bare-ass slide, plastic sights, and 2x4 grip for 30 years and will never do anything to improve it.

Pic related, what the Gen 5 should be, but in reality it will just be a Gen 4 with no finger grooves
>>
>>33326420
another reason I dont like glocks, people replace literally every part to make it better and then claim glock perfection.
>>
>>33318337
Calm down Satan. It's just a feminine penis for Christ sake
>>
>>33325865
Modified Glock explodes. Move those goal posts more you fag.

Glocks are highly regarded for reliability yet somehow you are gonna preach the "truth" with bullshit claims like this.

Get fucked faggot.
>>
>>33329467
The only thing modified was the barrel, and it had nothing to do with the kaboom you retard.
>>
>>33330200
So modified Glock exploded huh?
>>
>>33330204
A glock blew up from factory ammo, doing its exact intended purpose. Anything argument past that is null and void.
>>
>>33318233
P07
>>
>>33318160
I like my Glock 27 gen3, I can run .40, 9mm & 357 sig through it just fine by swapping out a barrel and a mag.

My Taurus PT809 9mm is still my go to. Suck it fanboys.
>>
File: 1332223976049.jpg (6KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
1332223976049.jpg
6KB, 300x189px
>>33318277
They explode
>stop loading rounds like tard.
Their fans are autists
>maybe
They have shitty triggers
>are you expecting a 1911 gramps?
They are ugly
>WRONG
Their reliability is a meme
>your a meme,what does that even meme
polymer frame
>check
brick ergos
>I hope you step on a lego
cracks errywhere
>stop going to gay clubs
>>
>>33330272
Wow you did a lot of work to do quotes the exact opposite of how they are used.
>>
>>33330249
my bad, ment gen4. Must of been thinking of magpuls
>>
>>33330232
A *Modified* Glock blew up using factory ammo.

You don't seem to grasp the point.
>>
>>33330767
Thats like saying its the owners fault when a clutch strips itself because they are using firestone tires and the truck is "Modified"

The parts are unrelated, and the barrel and slide assembly were unharmed. The factory polymer frame and mag catch, destroyed.

Stay butthurt, you make bad choices in guns.
>>
>>33330303
Bitch you think I care how you use forchan?

>(You)
>>
>>33330272
>shitty trigger
>"lol did you expect it to be good?!?!?"

3/10
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.