[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-27890 70-Resident-Evil-The-Fin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: ResidentEvil6_MrX_ITW_03.jpg (495KB, 1400x738px) Image search: [Google]
ResidentEvil6_MrX_ITW_03.jpg
495KB, 1400x738px
http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2789070-Resident-Evil-The-Final-Chapter-online-free

This is the crater in Racoon City. What kind of yield would a nuclear device have to have to make such a crater as a result from an above ground/air burst detonation? Disregard the still standing buildings, the makers of these movies aren't too bright.
>>
>>33312402
don't think an air burst could do that, more like an asteroid.
>>
>>33312402
Au underground nuke to waperise the top soil and make a krater.
>>
>>33312412
>>33312433
https://www.ctbto.org/nuclear-testing/the-effects-of-nuclear-testing/the-soviet-unionsnuclear-testing-programme/

it was an ICBM tier nuke in the film.
>>
File: 1453619703532.png (569KB, 588x412px) Image search: [Google]
1453619703532.png
569KB, 588x412px
>>33312402
>launches nuke to kill city infestation
>besides giant hole city is perfectly fine
>>
File: Nevada Test Site.jpg (328KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
Nevada Test Site.jpg
328KB, 700x468px
>>33312433
>Au underground nuke to waperise the top soil and make a krater.
that's not how UG nukes work. if you "vaporized" that much matter, the gas released would itself increase the destructive power of the detonation several factors over. what really happens is nuke blows>x-rays released>water and air in soil absorb rays>get heated to plasma>expand>soil gets moved upward in a blast wave fashion>collapses back>forms pit
>>
File: weq.jpg (462KB, 1400x738px) Image search: [Google]
weq.jpg
462KB, 1400x738px
>>33312487
it's stupid. if we are to assume that the crater is 70m deep, an explosion able to remove 70m of top soil/concrete city would be more than able to blow away a 70m tall buildig not 500m away from the epicentre. in fact, no regular man made structure found in a city would remain standing within at least 3 times the diameter of that crater
>>
come on guys, this is an intredasting thread.
>>
>>33312402
Does Oppenheimer post still? That guy was the shit. Only decent tripfag
>>
During filming, Jovovich's stunt double, British stuntwoman Olivia Jackson, was severely injured when her motorcycle collided with a camera crane, leaving her in a medically-induced coma for two weeks. She had been riding at high speed without a helmet, leading to the accident ripping off half her face, and crushing her facial bones.[28] Among Jackson's injuries were cerebral trauma, a crushed face, a severed artery in her neck, a paralyzed arm, several broken ribs, a shattered scapula, a broken clavicle, torn fingers with a thumb that needed to be amputated, and five nerves torn out of her spinal cord.[29] The camera crane had malfunctioned and failed to move out of the way. Jackson announced in December 2015 that her paralyzed left arm will need to be amputated.[30] Her arm was amputated above the elbow.[28]

A second accident occurred during filming on December 3 when crew member Ricardo Cornelius was crushed to death by one of the film's props, a U.S. Army issue Hummer, while on set.[31][32] The Hummer was placed on a rotating platform, and fell off, crushing Cornelius, who was assisting with the scene, against a wall. He later died in hospital.[33]

Filming ended on December 9, 2015.[34] According to Paul W. S. Anderson, the director, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter was fully shot with 2D cameras and post-converted to 3D by the company: Legend 3D. It's the first time that a movie from the Resident Evil saga has a 3D post-conversion, since the last two installments were shot in 3D. [35]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_The_Final_Chapter

holy shit, I hope it was worth it...
>>
>>33313030
>holy shit, I hope it was worth it...
it wasn't. It wasn't at all.
>>
>>33312533
that's rad
>>
>>33312402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7539BL4f4E
>>
>>33312402
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?&kt=100000&lat=33.9462299&lng=-118.2801027&airburst=0&hob_ft=0&crater=1&ff=52&zm=8
>>
>>33312903
Sometimes.

Going by this assumption about the building being 70 meters tall here >>33312561

The crater looks to be about 1.5 km in diameter. Assuming that this is not granite, that would mean that the weapon that made that was between 8.5 and 10 Megatons.

However crater depth is wrong, should be double that.

In addition, as pointed out by others, everything within about 4 km would be scoured down to bedrock.
>>
>>33314204
Maybe it was an airburst and that's why the crater's not so deep but still wide
>>
>>33313030
Two people ruined for this POS film? Shiiit
>>
>>33314908
Airbursts are defined by not having a fireball that touches the ground at all.
This was a surface burst.

If we use the depth of the crater to extrapolate HOB then the diameter would indicate something absurd like 200 Mt.
>>
>>33312894
No, it's not. If you want to talk about realistic nukes then sure but what is shown in the OPs picture is total bullshit. Everything about that is wrong and bullshit.

We can't explain why you can't fly if you keep saying 'but i saw it in a movie'.
>>
>>33313030
>holy shit, I hope it was worth it...
For an RE movie? Hell no. For a paycheck? Depends on how good it was.
>>
>>33315141
L&I is shit, trust me, if you get hurt on the job and your work doesn't want to pay you while you're off work, you're stuck with a shitty smaller L&I payment.

t. Broke myself on the job.
>>
File: bravo.webm (2MB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
bravo.webm
2MB, 640x484px
bravo, the largest thermonuclear device ever tested by the US, created a crater nearly 2 kilometer in diameter. the yield was around 15 mt (a thousand times more powerful than hiroshima). it was detonated at ground level, though on an artificial island.

not sure if the soviets ever tested similar yields on the ground, i'm pretty sure they all detonated their high-yield nukes in the air to minimize radioactive fallout.
>>
>>33315180
should probably note that even though the crater wasn't that big compared to the fireball, the surrounding islands were completely destroyed. the extreme heat vaporized everything above ground level. when the helicopter arrived to check ground zero there was nothing but a large crater surrounded by perfectly flat ground everywhere. not even the tree stumps on the ground were visible. no wreckages, no fallen over trees or signs of dead vegetation, everything was just gone like it disappeared into thin air.

if a nuke of similar size was dropped on a city it would probably look the same: a large crater surrounded by a huge flat field where stuff used to be.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.