[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ How effective are tasers, in a street self-defense situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: stun-gun-sw1000.jpg (26KB, 465x466px) Image search: [Google]
stun-gun-sw1000.jpg
26KB, 465x466px
Hey /k/

How effective are tasers, in a street self-defense situation? My sister almost got mugged, and I'd like to get her one, but I don't know how much that would help.
>>
Situational awareness > taser

Alternatively, move out of detroit.
>>
Civilian tasers are shit.

Literally toy tier.

Tasers that work cant be bought because America isn't capitalist, for example try buying riot squad shields and stun grenades. They won't sell them to you.

I don't fucking understand how this nation works. I've seen so many people not work and SOMEHOW afford a house, car, etc. Is THIS where all those taxes go? When the fuck is my turn to retire when I'm not even fifty?! I'm being fucking bled dry while people live the goddamn high life and I eat one meal a day, don't own a running car made this millennium, etc etc

I WANT MY GODDAMN MONEY BACK.

ATF FBI NSA wiretapping embassy overseas bombing terrorism militia movement etc etc

I want my spies to give me a damn answer. You're paid by ME, faggots. Remember that, PUBLIC SERVANTS
>>
I taze my self for fun and sexy stimulation.

If you want it for defence you need the that shoots out.

Pepper spray is better.
>>
>>33312066
What the fuck are you talking about? You can literally buy surplus riot shields and have them shipped to you. With a tax stamp you can have a real grenade instead of some pansy ass flashbang.

Google is your friend.
>>
File: churchgun.png (202KB, 414x286px) Image search: [Google]
churchgun.png
202KB, 414x286px
>>33312066
Anon telling how it is.
>>
>>33312004
Shitty "tasers" (stun guns) are useless. An actual Taser X26 is $999
>>
>>33312004
Not even a little effective. If teenagers can get drunk and taser one another for fun, it's just going to piss off an attacker and buy absolutely no time.
>>
>>33312004
they aren't very good really. they don't work like they show in films. in films they show somebody get zapped for only a quick second and then they seize and flop on the ground for nearly a minute. a quick second or two will burn the skin and sting like a bitch but all you have to do is step backwards. they require you to press the taser into a person for a duration of no less than 5 full seconds to render a person totally without motor control. even then they'll regain their composure and be back up almost immediately after they stop being shocked. the better choice, if we're avoiding the lethal option, would probably be the combination of a very high illumination flashlight and one of thoss kimber pepper blasters. this way she can stun and disable her attacker from a distance, at least long enough to run for help and call the police.
>>
>>33312095

>surplus

That's code for "beat to shit and barely functional".

The military still uses cold war tech. If you find unused surplus ANYTHING cool, guaranteed its defective.

And I'm not talking Russian surplus, some countries would sell you a nuke if they wouldn't get international backlash.

Go try buying AMERICAN riot shields, American stun grenades, etc.

They will be insanely overpriced OR they won't sell them to you without a military/police ID and in some cases requisition orders.

Its literally preschool clubhouse rules in most places that sell military/police equipment.
>>
>>33312096

>myrelationshipwithgod.jpg

If see that fucker we are having words.
>>
File: 1dd.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1dd.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>>33312102
>>33312114
Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. Obviously I'd rather go for the X26, but I don't think she'd want it.

>>33312075
>I taze my self for fun and sexy stimulation.
That weak, huh

>Pepper spray is better.
Right. Thanks.

>>33312128
>kimber pepper blasters
Nice, I didn't know about those, they look even better.
>>
>>33312004
Those tasers? Pretty bad. You have to let your attacker get close before you can use it; not ideal for a chick.

A taser gun would be better, but it is expensive, needs maintenance, and must be deployed properly to be effective (you need training).

OC spray (the real stuff cops use like sabre, min 1% major capsaicinoids not wally world junk) is a far better non-lethal option that she can pick up right now and use. They cost about 12 bucks and last several years (though many departments replace them yearly)
>>
>>33312186
Is any Sabre alright, then?
>>
>>33312066
>Tasers that work cant be bought because America isn't capitalist, for example try buying riot squad shields and stun grenades. They won't sell them to you.

/k/ isn't american only. I can buy all the tasers I want here, it's just that they're fucking expensive, could buy 3 new Glawks for that money.
>>
That's not a taser, it's a stun gun. They're shit. The crackling sound they make is intimidating and the hurt a little, that's it. They are otherwise useless.
>>
>>33312276
>and the hurt a little, that's it
Why do you do it? Why do you go into the internet and type blatant, obvious lies?
That doesn't even qualify as trolling.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=taser+gun
>>
>>33312266
>Do you not know tasters are shit?
I did not, but I do now.
>>
>>33312317
he's referring to OP's picture, which is a stun gun. Tasers are different from stun guns. Stun guns suck.
>>
File: thegr8b8.jpg (37KB, 480x698px) Image search: [Google]
thegr8b8.jpg
37KB, 480x698px
>>33312066
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.