[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Carolina Constitutional Carry 2017 My fellow South Carolinians,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: flagsc.jpg (107KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
flagsc.jpg
107KB, 848x477px
South Carolina Constitutional Carry 2017

My fellow South Carolinians, do you think it'll pass this time?
>>
>>33310140
hopefully.

my brother keeps talking about open carry but i keep telling him south Carolinians arent into it.

im in 803, where are you?
>>
File: battle raifus 2.jpg (2MB, 1565x2560px) Image search: [Google]
battle raifus 2.jpg
2MB, 1565x2560px
>>33310140
I fucking wish.

864 here.
>>
>>33310333
813, just west of Charleston. I feel there are enough citizens that want it but I'm not so sure about the politicians.
>>
>>33310140
Hopefully.

>>33310333
That covers a pretty broad range of areas, but I'm 803 as well. Upstate, 45min south of the Worst Carolinian border. Most of that time being spent driving through town to get on I-77.
>>
>>33310333
>>33310389
803 here as well. where do you guys usually shoot?
>>
>>33310414
The back field.

There's no rifle ranges around where I live. Just a (tiny) pistol range in Newport and a really nice (but expensive) clay range in Fort Mill.
>>
>>33310140
Those fucking Moms Against Shit They Don't Understand group keeps trying to fuck shit up for us responsible gun owners.
>>
>>33310454
I wish there were more outdoor ranges near me, all we have is Boggy Head and Twin Ponds aside from gun clubs that charge too much. Twin Ponds has been closed for months and Boggy Head is always crowded.
>>
>>33310414
usually on my buddies family land, sometimes at the hunting club, and occasionally at sandhills shooting sports. Ive been thinking about doing their 3 gun matches.

>pic related
a pic from hunting club.
>>
>>33310558
really wish I knew someone with land, I can't just walk out my backdoor and pop off a couple shots without having the SWAT team rain hell on me.
>>
>>33310558
Shit bro I do three gun over at the Clinton house. There is one this weekend but I can't make
It unfortunately.
>>
>>33310454
By Newport you mean that Sportsman outside of Lake Wylie? It's alright, definitely not cheap though. Though recently I've been going to a friend's land and shooting with him instead of a proper range.
>>
>>33310140

Nope. Too many damn liberals in government.

>grew up in SC, lived in Georgia since 2003

You can't even get rid of training requirements entirely, and that's an easier battle than Constitutional Carry.
>>
>>33312391
I wouldn't even mind having to take a training class that lasts a couple days if I don't have to pay a fee to the state gov't
>>
>>33310414
803 here as well. I usually shoot at PSA. I wanted to come out for the last /k/ meetup at that outdoor range upstate but want able to make it
>>
>>33312319
>By Newport you mean that Sportsman outside of Lake Wylie?

Yeah.
>>
>>33310140

Fellow SCfag here. 843 representing.

Honestly, and I'm really conflicted, I hope it doesn't.

I've started helping out at a shooting school as an RSO during classes (mostly just CWP).

There are a lot of people who really have no idea what they are doing. Good, well meaning folks, who think a Glock and a nylon holster is all they need. I've watched a ton of calamities on the range, from holsters coming off the belt and staying on the gun during the draw, to people that have insanely bad grips (crossed thumbs and shit).

I don't much like regulations on the 2nd Amendment, but I've just seen way too many clueless gun owners with terrible gear and a brain full of fuddlore and bullshit to think that they should go straight from the gunshop to the street.

Also, this isn't even about the money from having CWP classes. They are insanely long (if you are thorough with good standards), and after so many years, you literally dread teaching them. The instructors almost wish it would pass so they could just teach the fun classes that are on the range all day.
>>
>>33310489

Outdoor is best, but I keep hearing that C&S in North Charleston is pretty cool, by indoor standards.
>>
>>33314120
There's going to be a meet next month or something.
>>
>>33315012
Then those people will be punished for breaking the law when they ND into a toddler during a gas station robbery they are trying to stop.

The nature of the government should never have been preventative but reactionary (not the ideology but reaction based).

Will people die or be hurt? Certainly, but that's nature of freedom and it is inherently better than having to get permission to do things from people with assigned power. Any forfeiture of agency over one's self is a dangerous slippery slope. We have the ability now to take the power to live our lives the way we see fit again and people like you are concerned about safety of the people who aren't responsible enough to seek out their own training.
>>
>>33315109

What can I say? I basically agree with you, ideologically speaking.

And yet, while I can't give (in my mind) a good constitutional argument, I can't help but be swayed by my experiences dealing with people in CWP classes. It just seems like a good idea to cover a few basics for the benefit of the carrier and the public at large.

>gun safety
>how guns basically work
>self defense laws/when you can or can't legally shoot
>where you can/can't bring your gun
>basic shooting competency test

Again, I hate the fact that I've a drop of statist blood in me, but I think a CWP class is a benefit for the CWP holder more than anyone.

Who knows, maybe a voluntary CWP class could be incentivized? Just a thought.
>>
>>33315346
I am literally in the same boat but you have to just push through it.

The reason is people are carrying without a permit everyday en masse.

In fact, when I was waiting for my permit to go through and my holster came in the mail I did it for a day to see how it fit and if I needed to return it.

People will do what they want to do regardless if the state wants them to or not.
>>
>>33310140
>>33310333
>>33310354
>>33310357
>>33315012
I hope it passes 864 reporting in
>>
>>33315022
if you're ever near Mt Pleasant, check out Twin Ponds when they open, new backstop, new stand structure, full time range officer. opening keeps getting delayed but its supposed to be better than ever, last I heard, sometime in April. I'll check out C&S next time I go to the range though, North Charleston is a 15 minute drive vs a 45 minute drive to Boggy Head
>>
>>33310333
>>33310357
shit, 843. not 813, I lived in Tampa for a while and still have a Virginia phone number so I haven't used 843 in a decade lol.
>>
>>33315881
I don't have any objection to having to take a class first but there are what? 6-7 other states that already have ConCarry and they seem to be doing alright. There are things we can do to still train people before or while they are carrying. Honestly, even having to take a course but not pay a state gov't fee is fine with me. Basically, take the CWP class, if you ever want the permit, submit for it whenever you want later on or right away. Anyone who can afford a gun can afford a $50-75 class.
>>
Charleston here, no, I do not believe they will pass it because SLED and other faggot nancy cops are against it and the legislators are good goys for the blue line's bullshit.

Ill be surprised if it even lands on the governors desk.
>>
Who has the SC wojak /k/ meme? WIth PSA and BBQ on it?
>>
File: 1475541003183.png (593KB, 1039x798px) Image search: [Google]
1475541003183.png
593KB, 1039x798px
>>33317881
Im going to share three and we can decide whats the best and its the only one ill ever post again.
>>
File: updated.png (577KB, 1039x798px) Image search: [Google]
updated.png
577KB, 1039x798px
>>
File: 1482975321211.png (3MB, 1512x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1482975321211.png
3MB, 1512x1134px
>>
>>33319509
look at this carpetbaggin yankee talk about grits like it's a bad thing

803 here
>>33310414
my church owns land.

also, went to leeds last time.
>>
File: nseccawzsgnlt3p24svx.jpg (118KB, 940x500px) Image search: [Google]
nseccawzsgnlt3p24svx.jpg
118KB, 940x500px
>>33319533
>look at this carpetbaggin yankee talk about grits like it's a bad thing
I dont see any thing negative in that post but a recent yankee friend of mine finally admitted that she thinks grits are great and are better than oatmeal.

>pic semi related
because god base mustard
>>
north carolina but vacation in south carolina here, hoping that shit passes so I can CC when i'm down there
>>
>>33319660
bro, that post is not complementary by a long mile
>>
>>33310414
PSA, Defender, Lexington Gun, Sandhills, PSA Outdoor. Anyone been to PSA Outdoor since they bought it from Live Oaks?

Also constitutional carry would be nice but I don't think it'll pass.
>>
>>33319449
Best one right here. Let this be our official.
>>
>>33320026
but she isn't the Governor anymore
>>
>>33319702
i starting to see it.

>>33320026
cool, its the one i made nearly a year ago.
>>
>>33310140
Hey guys, good luck.
>>
>>33320164
Bless........... as the kids say nowadays
>>
God I hope it does, 803 represent!
>>
God I hope so, 803 represent!
>>
Fort Mill her, I normally drive all the way down to Leeds in chester to shoot the rifle or my family's farm in flo town
>>
bumping with pic from the greatest state.
>>
>>
>>33321187
>>33321585
I like your panoramas, if I had 4 monitors set up next to eachother I'd use them as wallpapers
>>
>>33321915
Really? ok, here is the last one i have.
>>
>>33322012
I'm simple. I don't need some stunning wallpaper, a normal everyday photo of the woods in fall is enough for me
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.