[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ make it's own 3d camo/ghille suits/crawling suits,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: original.jpg (791KB, 5104x3420px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
791KB, 5104x3420px
Does /k/ make it's own 3d camo/ghille suits/crawling suits, or otherwise extra camo themselves beyond factory issue uniforms?

Experiences? Tips? Pics of camo projects?
>>
>>33305479
I personally like camo netting and misc fabric attached to BDUs with local vegetation added. Here's a solid video about it. https://youtu.be/z3ptpJfwEtg
>>
If you're talking about for hunting purposes, there really isn't a point unless you're hunting predators. Prey animals like deer don't have a wide color spectrum and don't see in great detail, so camo doesn't help you much against them.
>>
File: Ghillie front.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Ghillie front.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>
File: Ghillie back.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Ghillie back.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>
File: pictures 005.jpg (114KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
pictures 005.jpg
114KB, 800x533px
Airsoft sites have plenty of pics and tutorials
>>
File: Get_Scrimmy.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Get_Scrimmy.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>33305479
Ghillie suits are for guys who lay in the same spot for days on end, just drape a scrim scarf over you and roll around on the ground before you head out.
>>
File: ayyy.jpg (4MB, 2592x3456px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.jpg
4MB, 2592x3456px
You rang?
>>
>>33305479
i've made ad sold a number of ghillie/stalker suits. The folk who buy them are turkey hunters.

Last pictures I took where from a while back tho. I go into the hobby when I was airsofting.
>>
>>33309092
Okies get out reeeee
>>
>>33307940

>Prey animals don't see in great detail

The wild turkey would like to have a word with you
>>
File: IMG_20160514_091120969.jpg (817KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160514_091120969.jpg
817KB, 720x1280px
>>33305479

I used burlap jute taken apart to make mine. Used dental floss to stitch a volleyball net over shirt and trousers, covered each stitch with a bead of shoe goo. Be sure to focus on accent colors, and don't ignore your earth tones especially Grey's. Don't go all one color, use Rit dye to change shades of the same. Old fishing nets are great for accents or your base net. Expect to spend a lot of time if you want to make a good one.

Pic is me turkey hunting last year in mine.
>>
Ive made a few, this is what you should do.

Take a regular pair of your favorite pattern cammies and attach snaps/velcro along the silhouette of the back of your cammies, pants included.

The reason for the Velcro or snaps is so that the ghillie part of your suit can be removed, I have a few reasons for this, you can carry your ghilie rolled up in a pack so you can choose whether or not to use it so you are not stuck in the ghillie if it does not fit the environment. also you can still wear your regular vest and just put the ghillie ontop of it so the vest doesn't defeat the purpose of the suit.

how to make the detachable part, glue a 1 inch nylon net to the back of a pair of cammies and cut to make it fit better, use something like shoegoo or rubber cement to keep it on the shirt/pants. don't forget to glue it down in the center aswell so it doesn't flap around,

Now cut the shirt so only the rear on the shirt/pants are attached to the netting. put Velcro around the perimeter and the center to attach to your main cammies.

for the ghillie portion of it just take burlap straps and tie it onto the netting, don't go too heavily on the burlap.

the layers top to bottom should be this
burlap
netting
cloth underneath with Velcro
camo that you are actively wearing
>>
>>33310064
i used molly clips instead of vel. less chance of it pulling off if snagged, this with a 550 cord ring helped.
>>
>>33309643
Wild turkeys are colorblind and have better than average sight, as far as I'm aware. Nothing spectacular
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.